Updates

Pat F2

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I've gone back and forth with iOS and android. Love. It's platforms but it drives me crazy how long it takes android to send updates which is why I always come back to iOS. Had the galaxy s7 edge, great device but it was already 3 months behind with security patches. Is this a big deal for everyone else too?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I never used an Android phone. My wife had a little LG a good while back, but that doesn't count. LOL Apple is good about updates in general. Especially security patches.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea I always have gone between the 2 and the more I use android the more I realize how far behind it is and how slow and unstable it is. Android security patches are slow if they even ever come out. One thing I HATE about android is that the phone is fine for 3 months or so after you get it and then it slows down. A reset temporarily fixes it but a month later it's slow again. After about 9 months the battery starts to do funny things. I'll be glad to get rid of this note 5 and back to iOS. I had the 4 4s 5 6plus and 6s plus.

optimummind

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I just purchased a 64GB iPhone SE for my wife yesterday and I've played around with it for a good bit (last time I used an iPhone was a 4S back in 2012). One striking thing I noticed immediately was how great the standby battery life is compared to Android phones. Even my Nexus 5X with 7.0 Nougat and the improved Doze cant match the iPhone's standby. My GS7E fares even worse.

With that said, however, the SE's battery drains at about the same rate when the screen is on & the phone is being actively used.

iOS has gotten much better since I've last used it but it's still too restrictive for my tastes and not as efficient in multitasking.

She uses the iPhone when she goes out and uses her Note 4 when at home.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I've gone back and forth with iOS and android. Love. It's platforms but it drives me crazy how long it takes android to send updates which is why I always come back to iOS. Had the galaxy s7 edge, great device but it was already 3 months behind with security patches. Is this a big deal for everyone else too?
This is precisely why I've just switched back to iOS. My GS7e is stuck on the July security update, and that's completely unacceptable to me.

mynameisjowee

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Yup, I had a Samsung Galaxy S3 a few years ago and waiting for updates was pretty un-enjoyable. Although that would probably be the least of my concerns after the battery and sim card slots kept failing. :p

optimummind

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
T-Mobile... seems to be a common thread, eh? Regardless, even some Nexus owners are still waiting for the September updates, and they're not dependent on a carrier.

T-Mobile started off fast. I wonder why they're being laggy now.

On my Nexus 5X, I got the Sept patch last week.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2