The eternal question. 16gb. Still doable?

Guillin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Evening everyone,
I have a question for you all. I purchased a 64gb iPhone SE when they first came out and loved it, however due to my financial situation at the time I had to sell it a couple of months later. I'm now in a position where I have the option to pick up one on a budget. Only thing is that it would be the 16gb option.

Now I've had 16gb in the past when I had the 5S and had no issues with that, however I know that times have changes, app sizes etc have changed and I'm worried that 16gb may not be enough.

I don't use my phone to play games, take the very odd photograph. Otherwise it's used for the usual social media (Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp), a few news apps and YouTube, Twitch and Netflix. With this in mind I'd appreciate some valued opinions on if I could get by with a 16gb model. (I also understand that iOS 10 has apparently freed up storage?).

Thank you all for your time :)

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
They're now only $50 difference now. 16gb may work if you only install handful of important app but for $50 more why not just settle for 64gb?

Guillin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
They're now only $50 difference now. 16gb may work if you only install handful of important app but for $50 more why not just settle for 64gb?

I'm in the UK. Unfortunately it's not that straight forward here. Basically I can get a 16gb model for ?300 (2nd hand Grade A). 64gb will set me back ?429 which is out my budget right now

vjh425

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
You could probably get away with it if that is really all you do with the phone. I would question the longevity of a 16GB phone though now that Apple has phased them out of their newest releases.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I personally wouldn't get a 16 GB. Long term it just doesn't seem like the best option, imo. I'd go with the 64GB. If cost is an issue, personally, I'd hold off. I just wouldn't want to settle for the 16GB and risk frustrations down the line.

I'm sure you could manage with 16GB. You'd just have to be careful about what you're doing on your phone.

2ndHalfCor

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Truly depends on the user. My wife has a 16gb 5s and doesn't come close to using up her space. My 64gb SE would be wasted on her (I know, I tried).

MelCali82

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
You'd probably be fine if you aren't app/game crazy

As for pictures/videos... you could use google photos for automatic backup to save space.

MelCali82

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
You'd probably be fine if you aren't app/game crazy

As for pictures/videos... you could use google photos for automatic backup to save space.

...which u can then delete photos/videos once uploaded, freeing up space on your iPhone while still having access to the photos stored in the cloud with the google photos app

Tim1954

Trusted Member
Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Mrs Tim had one for a couple of years and she was fine! Eventually filled it with photos but it took a while. Dumped them on the laptop and voila...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2