Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By Rob Phillips
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  • 3 Post By Just_Me_D
  • 1 Post By MelCali82
  • 1 Post By pkcable
  • 2 Post By Larry Cook1
  • 1 Post By kataran
  • 2 Post By AJPhan
  • 2 Post By fredriks
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Is it important to have a screen protector on the Iphone SE?

So far, I have been using my Iphone SE without case and without screen protector. I put in my pants' pocket without anything else, so no fear of scratches. Is it safe enough?
    iMore Intermediate

Default re:

I can't really tell but I have a tempered glass on my SE. Don't use a case because I love naked but I'm afraid for scratches. I really hate scratches on my display. A tempered glass is there almost whitout me seeing it and that's OK for me

Default Is it important to have a screen protector on the Iphone SE?

Welcome to iMore! I have never used a screen protector and have never had an issue with scratching. It really boils down to the user. I'm mindful of what is coming into contact with my display. My wife, on the other hand, tosses her iPhone in her purse without regard to what else is in there. I always keep a screen protector on her iPhone.
    Tartarus and Annie_i6s like this.

Default re:

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    So far, I have been using my Iphone SE without case and without screen protector. I put in my pants' pocket without anything else, so no fear of scratches. Is it safe enough?
    If you're worried about damaging the device, it is best that you put a protective case and screen protector on it.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Default re:

"If you're worried about damaging the device, it is best that you put a protective case and screen protector on it."

But should I worry?

Default re:

Quote Originally Posted by Enir View Post
    "If you're worried about damaging the device, it is best that you put a protective case and screen protector on it."

But should I worry?
    I don't know. Should you? I've never put a screensaver on any iOS device I've ever owned and I've rarely used a case, but I'm not one to damage my devices and therefore, I don't worry about things like that. I don't know "you" and how you are with smartphones, etcetera and therefore I cannot say whether or not "you" should worry. Only "you" can answer that question.
    iMore Nanite

Default re:

I treat my things carefully. One last question: is it safe to carry the Iphone in the pants' pocket together with some coins? Will the coins scratch the Iphone?

Default re:

Quote Originally Posted by Enir View Post
    I treat my things carefully. One last question: is it safe to carry the Iphone in the pants' pocket together with some coins? Will the coins scratch the Iphone?
    Dude, c'mon. Let's use common sense here. Putting a device in your pocket with coins will indeed increase the risk of it being scratched. The same goes for keys and any other metallic item.
    iMore Intermediate

Default re:

I have a 5S that never had scdeenprotector. On that display there is a lot of micro scratches and for that reason I always use tempered glass on my devices. I hate a display with scratches
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

Default re:

I have a tempered glass on my SE. Although I think the glass on the se along with the older iphones hold up better than the ones on the 6. Both my wifes 6plus and 6s plus seem to scratch easily and the coating doesnt seem to last.
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Default re:

Thank you all for your help. I bought a tempered glass and no case.
    iMore Intermediate

Default re:

I always have tempered glass screen protectors. i always thought i took care of my phones as babies as i dropped it and cracked the screen (iPhone 5S) since then, i ALWAYS have a screen protector on, at the end, you never know what can happen, better safe than sorry.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

Default re:

For me its a decision based on how much the device cost and how much it means to me. Seeing as the iPhone is a pretty large investment for someone like me, and the fact that I use it on the job a lot, the device is pretty damn important. I always keep a case and a screen protector of some sort on it. If it breaks, I'm screwed until I figure out how to replace it.
    iMore Pro

Default re:

I recently put a glass protector on mine and like it very much. The manager of the store showed he had the same one on his phone and actually took his keys and scraped them across hi is screen. No mark on the glass protector are all. It doesn't hamper 3d touch or screen movement.
    pkcable and libra89 like this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Default Re: Is it important to have a screen protector on the Iphone SE?

I put a TGSP on all of my phones, including the iPhone SE. Also a ultra-thin clear case as a minimum.
    iMore Nanite

I never used a screen protector with my iPhone 5, and I haven't used one with my iPhone SE either. I never really saw a point to it, as the glass definitely holds up over time. You can see micro scratches under certain light conditions, however that does not bother me.

I have never used a screen Protector on any of my devices until now. I bought a color coded 9h glass protector for my GFs 7 plus and ended up buying one for my SE. It's pretty nice and I can't tell the difference with it on opposed to being off
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Unlike on the iphone 6, 6s, 7 that the tempered glass is very visible, I have a tempered glass on my SE and barely notice it is there. Dropped my SE twice and the tempered glass saved my screen twice. I did not use any screen protector when I was using the iphone 5 and the screen have a lots of tiny scratches.
    kataran and libra89 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

I also have a tempered glass on my SE. It's really great, you hardly notice it's there and it protect your display very well.
    kataran and libra89 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Having a protector might reduce the sensitivity or touch, however, it's not a big deal. If you want to avoid damaging your SE, better have one.