iPhone SE - soft home button?

tom892

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,
Got my iPhone SE two days ago.
I'm used to having iPhones with clicky and noisy home buttons, which would make it feel firm and durable.
With my new SE, the home button feels a bit flushed and soft with almost zero click sound.

Is it ok? Do you think it's defective? How yours feel? Maybe it's better and fine when it's quiet like this?
Never had 5/5s to compare with.

Thanks!

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Apple home buttons are hit or miss. It seems that the firmness and clickiness can be different between 2 identical devices. I bought the new iPad Mini last year and it was so mushy that I returned it and didn't get a replacement. As for durability, I still have my original iPad I bought a few days after it launched and the home button still works perfectly.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same experience, all IPhones home button are different. I have a 5S that clicks so much it's anoying, my SE and 6S make no sounds and feels great.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My 6s has a very soft home button and my 6s plus is very firm. As long as it works, there is nothing to worry about.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You actually prefer it soft and kinda mushy?

I think he was saying it isn't a big deal either way. I've owned several iPhones, all with different home buttons, and can't say I really care how the home button sounds and feels as long as it works.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Strong rumors suggest a non-mechanical force touch home button with Haptic feedback coming in September. It will be an interesting change.

optimummind

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Got a Rose Gold 64GB iPhone SE just last week brand-new and the home button is soft and mushy. I like the fact that it's not making clicking noises.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR