Just got my daughter an SE

murphcid

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I am an android user, and I am horribly outnumbered. My wife, and both daughters use the Eeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvviiiiilll iPhones :) . My wife smoked her iPhone 5 at the beach (the Otterbox case logo was baked onto the phone!), and both daughters have 5s iPhones. So since my oldest is getting ready for college, I offered her a new phone. I offered the 6s, the 6s+, the Blackberry Priv, the HTC M10, etc. She chose the 64 gb SE since she loves the size and pocketability of that size phone. Her old Life Proof, her sisters UAG cases all fit.

So, did I make a mistake, should I have made her get the 6s or 6s+? She texts faster than anyone I know on that small phone, and carries it everywhere. The youngests iPhone 4 went into the toilet (that's how she got the 5s, but with threat the next toilet dunk earns her a flip phone). She wants a 6s+ since she demands to have a bigger/better phone that anyone else. I am doomed.....

Bob Garon

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Word of advice... Give the women what they want. Allow them to make their own decisions and if they are unhappy, well, then they are the ones who made the choice.

The iPhone SE is an amazing phone with A LOT of power packed into a small body. She will be happy. I am very happy with mine (my first iPhone after being with Android [even a couple Nexii] since day 1 of its launch) and just got my wife her own SE yesterday in fact after her Samsung Note Edge finally bit the dust. When the iPhone 7 (or 6SE whatever they decide to call it) comes out I will be getting that and giving my SE to my son (his first phone).

So yes... you made a great decision. Be happy for them... and bravo Dad!! :) Now get yourself the iPhone 7 when it comes out, ditch your Droid, and you will never look back because you will be too excited to even think about Android.

FYI: I actually enjoy both ecosystems, but now prefer iOS much, much moreover because of its consistency, reliability, security, speed, and direction it seems to be going.

murphcid

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Bob. So far, no complaints, and she loves the extra space (her 5s was 16gb). Plus it can use all the older 5s cases which makes it nice.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
No you did not make a mistake. Also, with the exception of 3D Touch, and screen the SE is essentially an iPhone 6s(just a smaller edition "SE"). I got one due to the reasons of form factor and it doesn't come with a compromise on performance so you can know that if she takes care of the phone, it will last. With newer hardware, any new OS update will run great on the iPhone SE.

neodk

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
The SE is a great upgrade for anyone that is still rocking a 4/4S/5/5C/5S and wants the portability of the previous generation along with the updated specs from the current generation. It doesn't hurt that 5/5S cases work on the SE as well. If I was smartphone shopping with a decent budget, I would buy my kids iPhones, but only in the 5 series or maybe an SE. I played on my wife's 5S and while it is slower most people won't really notice stuttering and lag because of how well the OS performs.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You made a great choice! The SE is a powerful little guy. My kids are using the 5S and they're already asking for the SE when I let them upgrade. They can tell a difference between my SE and their 5Ss. I will probably hand it down to one of them at some point but right now, it's serving as my "in between" phone since I just sold my 6s in preparation for the 7.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73