My SE battery life is even better now

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
One of THE best things about the SE is the battery life. Hands down. And mine just got better with the addition of a Verizon/Samsung LTE Network Extender in our home. We have a very weak signal (from all providers) so I gave Verizon a call and they hooked me up with one of these new devices at a discount. This is not the old Network Extender, which maxed out at 3G, this one just hit the market.

You connect it to your router, plug it in and voila, that's it. It's improved our in-home Verizon signal from between -110 to -118 to an outstanding -69 to -81 (depending where I am in the house). As a result, the SE - along with our other phones in the house - don't have to work so hard to connect to a weak signal. If you can get your hands on one, I highly recommend it.

anon(9637269)

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Battery life is already so good, I can just imagine how much this would extend that 😃

Offtopic: attached is mine, I actually used it as hotspot for more than 3 hours during that cycle.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1468467523136.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1468467523136.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 79

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Everyone constantly talks about how great Verizon service is, I had same issue with Verizon, signal was weak, always dropping to 3G. I live in a major city outside Boston. Tried all of the Major Networks, T-Mobile was far away the best. Strongest signal -65, 5 bars all the time inside my house with very fast DOWNLOAD & UL speeds. Real unlimited data without speed throttling. Thank You T-Mobile, Thank You John Legere.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Everyone constantly talks about how great Verizon service is, I had same issue with Verizon, signal was weak, always dropping to 3G. I live in a major city outside Boston. Tried all of the Major Networks, T-Mobile was far away the best. Strongest signal -65, 5 bars all the time inside my house with very fast DOWNLOAD & UL speeds. Real unlimited data without speed throttling. Thank You T-Mobile, Thank You John Legere.

Verizon is good for people who live in rural areas, lol like me. If you live in a major city like Boston or LA, then yeah T-Mobile would be amazing. I've tried to use T-Mobile in my city and I get like 1 dot. That's both on a SE and a 6.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site

Our house is literally in a dead zone for EVERY carrier - and we've tried them all. But outside our little two-block radius, Verizon is the clear winner. T-Mobile and Sprint are abysmal. Tried T-Mobile for two months and all I can say is thank God there was no penalty for canceling service with them. (Thank you John Legere. :) ) AT&T is good in our neighborhood, but at my teens' school, it inexplicably becomes unreliable. Verizon stays strong everywhere we go, so it's a pretty easy decision.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone stays plugged in when I'm at home and I just use my iPad, so this wouldn't really help me. Not that my iPhone SE needs any more battery life. :cool:

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone stays plugged in when I'm at home and I just use my iPad, so this wouldn't really help me. Not that my iPhone SE needs any more battery life. :cool:

One thing I know that is bad for any battery is to leave it plugged in too much. Make sure you unplug that puppy and let the battery do its thing.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
One thing I know that is bad for any battery is to leave it plugged in too much. Make sure you unplug that puppy and let the battery do its thing.

I don't think this is necessarily true for Li-ion batteries. I did this for over a year with my iPhone 5s and saw very minimal battery degradation. It's better to fully charge a Li-ion battery from 80% five times than to completely drain it once.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner