Should I buy iPhone SE now (July) or wait till iPhone 7 is released?

Radan52

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I want to buy iPhone SE, because I prefer compact phones. The question is simple... will it be cheaper after iPhone 7 will be released?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Probably, but I can't say how much cheaper. Having said that, I'd go ahead and get it now.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if it'll be cheaper. It's not as if the 7 is replacing the SE - it's replacing the 6. Go for it. It's a great little phone.

anon(9637269)

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, SE takes on a specific niche in the Apple Ecosystem or in mobile phones in general. I think the 7 isn't supposed to have any effect on it as both have different target markets.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The SE isn't competing against the bigger phones. It will not drop in price once the 7 comes out. It's already cheap enough as is.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Get the SE you won't regret it. Love mine (went from a 6S Plus).

Maybe by next spring there will be an SE sized replacement?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the list of people who don't think the iPhone 7 will have any affect on the pricing of the SE. Apple generally discounts previous models that have been replaced by newer models. The SE isn't being replaced by anything. In fact, it has a different target user than that of the flagship devices.

BBsomeday

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, it wouldn't be smart to have a 4 inch model iPhone 7. It seems Apple might have two cycles of updates to phones from now on. Or they will wait til iPhone 7s to release an update to the 4 inch model.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, it wouldn't be smart to have a 4 inch model iPhone 7. It seems Apple might have two cycles of updates to phones from now on. Or they will wait til iPhone 7s to release an update to the 4 inch model.

Personally, I hope that if the SE updates, it would not be every year, but every other year.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I hope that if the SE updates, it would not be every year, but every other year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple use an "as needed" type of upgrade approach, just like they do with every other device that isn't a flagship iPhone. It makes sense to me. Afterall, the majority of SE adopters are coming from the 5/5c/5s, all of which were over 2 years old when the SE was released.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I want to buy iPhone SE, because I prefer compact phones. The question is simple... will it be cheaper after iPhone 7 will be released?

As most things get older, they get cheaper, especially if a new model comes out and its no longer the brand 'Flagship' device. i always advise waiting as long as possible since their may be a flash sale. I don't think the iPhone 7 launch will affect the SE price since they are meant for different markets but you never know! :D

Zhau Polteau

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
The iPhone SE will not be cheaper because it's a budget phone so don't expect the prices to go down. You should get it. It's a great phone.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
It is a great phone and as far as the price dropping? anything is possible, If the next round of Iphones has a 4 inch variant than yes the SE will go down, but if they are the regular 4.7 and 5.5 inch screens than the SE remains unique and my not go down in price.

With any tech, the price will decline over time regardless but who knows how fast?

I say Buy it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox