Why isn't my iPhone SE receiving voice mails?

I

iMore Question

new user iphone se not receiving voice mail

day 2 new user of iphone se cannot receive voice mail what to do tested with a friend, no message accounted for

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: new user iphone se not receiving voice mail

Get with your wireless carrier to make sure they have it set up for you to use.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

I use Google Voice, been using it for years. Just had a great update and it works fantastic.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I use Google Voice, been using it for years. Just had a great update and it works fantastic.

Google Voice uses its' own Google servers that are set up independent from your phone company Visual Voicemail. All Google Voicemail calls run through Google's servers. Google Voicemail is not compatible with iPhone Visual Voicemail. You would need a separate app from Google.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
When you say you don't recieve them, do you mean they don't appear at all or as "unknown". If the case is unknown- Then I'd get a new sim from my carrier and make sure the device tied to that line is your iphone to ensure you recieve the proper firmware updates. If not at all- try a soft reset(power key & home key)if they appear afterward, then its the OS(this happened to me where I've had to reset my iphone 6(prior to getting the amazing SE) for my voicemail's to eventually appear and sync with the phone set up as new). If they don't appear after either attempt. Something is wrong on your carriers side.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73