Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree65Likes
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default Re: Which phone were you using before the SE?

iPhone 5s to 6s+, one year later the size is grating on me so have purchased an SE. The 7 was in my hand for a week but I couldn't justify the UK price and the SE performs just as well in my opinion, even the camera is similar. Also the 7 is still a touch too big. Hoping I stick with SE as the 400 price tag is easy to live with.

Now I've got to sell my 6s+ and hopefully I get a decent return. May have waited too long.....?
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leslie haw View Post
    Hi everyone, not sure if there's a similar thread to this. Just wondering a few questions for SE owners.
    1) What phone were you using before the SE?
    2) Why did you decide to get the SE?
    3) Any regrets?

Thank you!
    1. Samsung Galaxy S7
    2. Lost the Galaxy. Stumbled across an Apple store. Liked the compact size
    3. No I actually really love it!
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,405 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_UK View Post
    iPhone 5s to 6s+, one year later the size is grating on me so have purchased an SE. The 7 was in my hand for a week but I couldn't justify the UK price and the SE performs just as well in my opinion, even the camera is similar. Also the 7 is still a touch too big. Hoping I stick with SE as the 400 price tag is easy to live with.

Now I've got to sell my 6s+ and hopefully I get a decent return. May have waited too long.....?
    You might lose some value but not too much.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
    iMore Nanite

I was using the iPhone 6 but it died with 8 months of my 2 year contract left. I bought a 64Gb SE directly from Apple to replace it. The SE is a fantastic phone and the battery life is excellent!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I had an iPhone 6s before, used for 6 months and my son wanted it so I went back to Android with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Now I'm using my brand new 64Gb Space Gray SE and I'm fascinated with its performance, great battery life and small size. My concern was the smaller screen against my big hands, but realized that I can type even faster with the default keyboard.
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

I came from an s7 edge, always had an android since the T-Mobile G1 but got sick and tired of having to reset every one of them after about 6 months because they all got so slow.

I've often heard that this never really happens with apples phones so I took the plunge and got myself a SE spaghetti gray about a month ago, thought at the start that it was far too small but now I absolutely love it, perfect for one hand use

Although I wish there was a clear cache option like on Android as some of the apps (Spotify and Google Plus I'm looking at you!) can get absolutely huge and there appears to be no way of fixing it apart from deleting and reinstalling the app itself
    iMore Nanite

I came from an s7 edge, always had an android since the T-Mobile G1 but got sick and tired of having to reset every one of them after about 6 months because they all got so slow.

I've often heard that this never really happens with apples phones so I took the plunge and got myself a SE space gray about a month ago, thought at the start that it was far too small but now I absolutely love it, perfect for one hand use

Although I wish there was a clear cache option like on Android as some of the apps (Spotify and Google Plus I'm looking at you!) can get absolutely huge and there appears to be no way of fixing it apart from deleting and reinstalling the app itself
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    687 Global Posts

I was using a space gray 128GB 6s.

I preferred the size.

Nope! I wish I had 128GB, but I am managing the space well.

Quote Originally Posted by leslie haw View Post
    Hi everyone, not sure if there's a similar thread to this. Just wondering a few questions for SE owners.
    1) What phone were you using before the SE?
    2) Why did you decide to get the SE?
    3) Any regrets?

Thank you!
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,557 Global Posts

I'm not using one, but my boyfriend got a 16GB space gray SE in August. Before that, he was using a 16GB silver iPhone 5s. He got the SE because his 5s' screen died. I think a dog at his workplace peed on it, LMAO (he's a vet technician)!
    libra89 and Paul Ellis1 like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

Hi, I've been using an iPhone 6 for just over 2 years now. Picked up an SE this weekend as I missed the smaller form. Found it to be a decent upgrade from the 6. Feels a lot snappier, just hoping I'll notice an improvement on the battery front over the next few days.

I use my phone a lot, but will be getting an iPad pro for Christmas and have tethering allowed on my service plan, just feels right going back to the smaller, more portable phone.
    libra89 likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123