How much memory is left on the iPhone SE after the operating system is in place?
I know that operating systems take up memory, so I'd like to know how much memory is left on the 16 GB iPhone SE when it comes out of the box.
- 06-19-2016, 07:47 AM #2
- 06-20-2016, 08:35 AM #3
- 06-20-2016, 11:12 PM #4iMore Newbie
- 25 Posts
Re: How much memory is left on the iPhone SE after the operating system is in place?
I thought he was asking about memory, not storage, so I sort of lol'd at the 11 and 12gb answers the first time I read them.
SE has 2gb of RAM. Not easy to say how much is available after iOS loads. This is equivalent to the iPad Pro. Most iOS apps are very memory efficiency, you should be able to have 15-20 apps open and not see safari refresh any tabs. Compare this to a chrome book which generally has 2gb, and will struggle running nothing but chrome browser with 3 tabs open and constantly refresh tabs.
- 06-21-2016, 05:31 PM #5
- By Loco Emperor in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 20Last Post: 06-21-2016, 10:48 AM
- By atomarchio in forum iPhone 6Replies: 11Last Post: 06-21-2016, 06:29 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-20-2016, 08:40 AM
- By bhen llegue in forum iPhone 3GS ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2016, 09:51 AM
I want to export the backup of my iPhone to another Mac or an external hard drive, how can I do this?By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2016, 05:57 AM