Help me decide which phone to use

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone SE 64 GB Space Grey that I love so much for its size and 2-3 day battery life and I have my HTC 10. I love each phone in its own way, I love Android for not having to use iTunes to copy my music photos, it's much simpler to just plug and play and copy stuff to it as if it was a normal drive. I like the HTC 10's camera more obviously, but when I hold my iPhone SE I miss it again and how I never have to worry about charging it and love its size.....I am really torn between the two and maybe at this point I need someone to tell me which one to use.......

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I have an iPhone SE 64 GB Space Grey that I love so much for its size and 2-3 day battery life and I have my HTC 10. I love each phone in its own way, I love Android for not having to use iTunes to copy my music photos, it's much simpler to just plug and play and copy stuff to it as if it was a normal drive. I like the HTC 10's camera more obviously, but when I hold my iPhone SE I miss it again and how I never have to worry about charging it and love its size.....I am really torn between the two and maybe at this point I need someone to tell me which one to use.......
I get you on this. It helps to make a list of pros and cons about each one. You can try that. I don't know if you have the option to keep both but if you do, why not just use the 10 when you get bored of the iPhone? That's kind of what I do now lol

Sent from mTalk

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I get you on this. It helps to make a list of pros and cons about each one. You can try that. I don't know if you have the option to keep both but if you do, why not just use the 10 when you get bored of the iPhone? That's kind of what I do now lol

Sent from mTalk

I am kinda wanting to do that but cost is a huge factor here as I would have wished to find one device that meets all my needs but it isn't possible....

My needs, good camera, the HTC 10's camera is much better than the iPhone SE when you zoom in and its front camera is 5 MP with OIS.

Again, the simplicity of copying to/from an Android device.....

size factor......iPhone SE FTW! I am in love with this small powerhorse....Battery......iPhone SE is much better although the HTC 10 is better than my previous Galaxy S7 which I sold due to horrible battery life....

argghhh this is so confusing

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

Sent from mTalk

That's exactly what I was gonna say.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
After 28 months I'm finally able to upgrade my iPhone 5s through the carrier (long story), I have 5 options to choose from the 64GB range:
iPhone SE
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 7
iPhone 7 plus.

After long consideration I opted to wait for the iPhone 7 to come around, from there on it will just be a matter of choosing for the plus or the regular size. But most likely I'll go for the one which has the best features.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
my iPhone SE has been idle for 2 hours and it's still @ 100% battery. That I could never have on the HTC 10, leaning more towards the SE now...

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
The batteries can't really be compared. Of course the SE's battery life will be better, despite the smaller size, since the screen is only 4", hence requiring less power. The screen resolution is lower too and it does affect battery life.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
my iPhone SE has been idle for 2 hours and it's still @ 100% battery. That I could never have on the HTC 10, leaning more towards the SE now...
Hmm, that's hard. I do agree with the features thing.

I think it's important to make a separation between what you would like to have and what you would tolerate.

I don't know if my brief example would help but eh, you can ignore it if you like. I have a SE, as you know. Even though I really like the size and the powerhouse of it, I still felt a strong desire to try the Nextbit Robin. I tried it, and I liked it. Just looking at my phone really pleased me for the first time in months. So much. I was able to make things work as they should for the most part.

However, the battery life was bad and also there was a volume issue. I was willing to settle with these things just to have a pretty phone until I realized that I actually started to adjust my habits(!) because of the phone's issues. I enjoy streaming music on my phone occasionally and I stopped, because of the volume issue. In the end, I felt the need to choose battery life over the looks and design of a device. I found myself fed up of always running to a charger and hoping that my phone wouldn't die before I can get home, every day.

I'm not sure if such a moment has happened to you yet, but I have to say that you will hit a tolerance limit at some point. The question is if it is worth it for you. I really liked the Nextbit, it was almost a dream but the battery life woke me up really quick!

anon(9940776)

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I use my Priv as my work oriented phone and my SE as my burner/personal phone. I move back and forth throughout the day. Here's my take...

Priv is good for work because the Hub handles email the way I like. It has a fil may stem so working with attachments is easy. It simulates Push email even with non push accounts. It also has the physical keyboard so if going on a rant I can type really fast. Best feature is the predictive keyboard, which is sadly inferior on the SE even after months of training. Priv accels in email, messaging, attaching, and anything storage related, like OneDrive integration. It's a large device. Battery usually lasts all day and only requires me to recharge each night. Notifications are well designed and needed for my work situation. Visible LED, louder volume for notifications than media, flexible alarms are all needed items.

SE is fun! Really great form factor, simple to grab and open with Touch ID, and Apple Pay beats Android Pay by a lot. Hey Siri is much better then Hello Google... I often joke around calling one out vs the other to see which gives a better weather report. The SE display is better in sun. The SE is naturally waterproof so better for a beach day. Camera is fast and takes a great picture, and features like photo stream and handoff make it useful for home activities. The interface to my iMac with messages is ideal for after hours texting with friends while still "working" at the computer. Up until Marshmallow I liked the fine grain controls of iOS in certain instances but I'd say that is equalized now. iTunes for loading and removing content is manageable and in some cases preferred, I've lost things on the Priv not because no careful. The office apps are usable on the fly and this is bolstered by how iOS has the edit bubble which is superior to android text editing.

Each has its own niche in my life. I rarely feel like swapping. To keep continuity, I use an SMS app on the April which lets me forward texts to any phone. That way I can keep track of both worlds when I grab the SE for a hike or swim.

Typed on my iPad, so all errors are crappy predictive text induced, and I take zero responsibility.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So I have finally decided to keep the iPhone SE and sell the HTC 10, reason being, I was expecting a bit more from the HTC 10's camera but it is very difficult to get a good shot despite it having OIS on both the front and rear camera, every shot is a hit or miss, I find myself having to take 3 to 4 shots before getting a decent photo that doesn't look shaky despite me trying to stand still while taking the shot. Then comes the super iPhone SE battery life so the positives of the iPhone SE, small form factor which I prefer and easier to use camera as most shots with the iPhone SE look good (granted you don't zoom in on the photo then the noise appears)

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
So I have finally decided to keep the iPhone SE and sell the HTC 10, reason being, I was expecting a bit more from the HTC 10's camera but it is very difficult to get a good shot despite it having OIS on both the front and rear camera, every shot is a hit or miss, I find myself having to take 3 to 4 shots before getting a decent photo that doesn't look shaky despite me trying to stand still while taking the shot. Then comes the super iPhone SE battery life so the positives of the iPhone SE, small form factor which I prefer and easier to use camera as most shots with the iPhone SE look good (granted you don't zoom in on the photo then the noise appears)
I did wonder what you decided, thanks for the update! It sounds like the camera and the battery life are two of your most important things.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I did wonder what you decided, thanks for the update! It sounds like the camera and the battery life are two of your most important things.

very true, battery life, nothing comes close to the SE.

Camera, even though the HTC 10 has better detail when you zoom in on a photo and has OIS on the front/rear camera, the iPhone SE enables you to get a good picture every time you take a photo, with the HTC 10 you have to stand still like a manikin and it's a hit or miss to get a properly focused picture. any slight movement and the picture is destroyed. with the iPhone SE it's so much easier to just point and shoot without having to worry about standing super still.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I changed my mind.

Sold my HTC 10 and I am now enjoying my 64gb iPhone SE.

Even though HTC 10 does have better audio and screen, I really enjoy being able to use my phone with one hand.

Camera is almost a tie to me. iPhone is more reliable BUT the 10 can take some amazing photos but you have to be in perfect setting.

The iPhone SE battery life is phenomenal! I was at 5-6 hours sot with 50% left! My HTC 10 battery would only last me near 4.5 hours of sot.

HTC 10 does have the better specs but iPhone SE does feel at "home".

Last edited:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My husband is literally just about to buy the HTC 10. He's be using my 6s, and I've been using my SE and loving it. It was supposed to be my backup phone but glad I've had the chance to spend quality with my SE. Was hoping that hubby would learn to like the 6s and switch but looks like he's gonna prob go with the HTC 10.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
My husband is literally just about to buy the HTC 10. He's be using my 6s, and I've been using my SE and loving it. It was supposed to be my backup phone but glad I've had the chance to spend quality with my SE. Was hoping that hubby would learn to like the 6s and switch but looks like he's gonna prob go with the HTC 10.

very bad choice IMO. The battery sucks big time and so does the camera. You'd be lucky to get a shot that isn't grainy. You have to stand really still otherwise the focus gets messed up. It's not as simple as the iPhone SE simple to shoot photos.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
OP, considering this is an Apple forum it's possible that some of your responses might be a little biased . I might suggest going to a store like Best Buy that sells both devices and going with your gut. And as mentioned, if you can stand to wait a month there's a really good chance you'll see a new iPhone released.

Iphone 6S PLUS beats it to death

It depends on the user. There's a reason the SE is selling so well, and it isn't because people simply want an inferior phone. I agree with you because I prefer big phones but there are many who find more value in the smaller form factor offered by the SE.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
3 days battery life with mobile data on?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2