No Twitter notifications?

Miss Daredevil

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
It seems that the official Twitter app is not working correctly on my new SE. I have tons of apps of social media, they all have push notifications enabled and they're all working fine, but for some reason, the Twitter app keeps refusing to show me notifications.

I tried deinstalling and installing it again, it works for a bit and then stops again. I tried to go into my Twitter settings on my computer > Apps > Revoke access to iOS and iPhone, and it works for a bit and then stops working again. Does anyone have this problem? What could be the cause of it?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, I have no notifications issues with the Twitter app. I assume you have checked notifications in the phone's Settings. But have you checked notifications in the Twitter app's settings?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
That's very odd. How are your settings under settings? Go to Settings on your iPhone and scroll down to Twitter, click on it and tell me if you see your username.

I don't know if that would help but I remember setting up there first and then loading twitter for the first time.

Miss Daredevil

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I see my username there, yeah. I know it's weird, it makes no sense. Push notifications are enabled in the Twitter app and in Notifications on my phone. Everything is fine on all ends.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I see my username there, yeah. I know it's weird, it makes no sense. Push notifications are enabled in the Twitter app and in Notifications on my phone. Everything is fine on all ends.

It's that way sometimes. I have apps I never get notifications from. Over the years it has varied. No explanation. Then one day I notice it works. Maybe iOS 10 will kick it in. I get Twitter notifications, but don't get the sound effects in the Twitter app. They work ok in Tweetbot. You could download a Twitter client and use it's notifications.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Tweetbot push notifications work about 99.9% of the time for me.

I would delete and re-install the official twitter app and start the setup process over again.

luutukhanh49

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I once have that problem, here is how i fixed it, I didnt only revoke acces for the ios device on twitter page setting, I revoked all of them and it works again, somtimes i still have that bugs and its still work wonderfully, I think if you have had so many apps linked to your twitter account, revoke it all once in a whiole wont hurt. Hope it hepls:heart: