ip6s vs. ip se....what do you give up besides size?

Guillin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had both. Had the 6S in October and now have had the SE since launch day.

All you miss out on is
A) Screensize
B) Better front facing camera
C) 3D Touch
D) A faster fingerprint scanner (which is a blessing in my opinion).

That's it. I've had no regrets.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

All you miss out on is
A) Screensize
C) 3D Touch

Ditto. The SE is a better phone for me in every regard. Don't use the front facing camera, actually like the slower Touch ID, fits better in my pocket. Love the SE!

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site

All you miss out on is
A) Screensize
C) 3D Touch

After using the SE for 8 weeks and back on a 6S for 4 days i would say:

TID V2 is way better
Bluetooth better
Speaker better
Screen resolution better

I had no regrets i just gave mine to my son and picked up a 3 month old 6S plus. Which worked out a cheap option for him as he had a worn out IP5.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
You give up a usable keyboard. Four inched iPhone's screen is wayyyyy too narrow.

It's the 1990s all over again.

Go big or go home. ��.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You give up a usable keyboard. Four inched iPhone's screen is wayyyyy too narrow.

It's the 1990s all over again.

Go big or go home. ��.

1990s? I'm pretty sure 4" multitouch displays with software-based keyboards didn't exist yet. Not even close.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
An advantage of the 5SE is much better battery life than the 6S (or 5/5S). Otherwise, the 5SE is just like the 5S, only a bit faster. Or like the 5, only quite a lot faster. If you liked those old phones better than the 6, you'll like the 5SE.

Steve Adams

Banned
May 26, 2016
Visit site
I got 2 phone 6s. See how they work. I put the se next to my 1020 and boy is it small. I am getting older and eye sight worse...ha ha. The 6s plus is a behemoth however and way to big...but the se I think is too small after seeing one.

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The biggest things for me that were noticeably better on the 6S and actually kind of bothered me going to the SE were the screen resolution and the haptic engine. The vibrate on the SE was jarring and the 6S is more subtle, which I like better.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I feel like this is one of those purchases you have to know you want to make to not feel buyer's remorse. I've been using a 6s and LG G5 for awhile now and just couldn't stand having to arch my whole hand across the screen to reach the top of them and I rarely used them for anything that needed that big screen so the switch to the SE has been a perfect one. There's really no noticeable change in speed from the 6s and my pictures look great. I've even watched a movie on that "tiny" 4" screen. its really not bad because I knew I would like it. You might have a different need that the small form factor can't give you so I say try it out a store and see what the return policy is. If you really wanna give it a shot, go for it.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been rocking the SE since it came out. Awesome phone. There's nothing to be worried about UNLESS you feel a 4inch screen will hinder you. For me, it's been a nice little change for a bit, but I'm firing my old 6S back up and will use that from now on. I do way too much reading on my phone to not have a bigger screen, and the Plus' are just too big.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been rocking the SE since it came out. Awesome phone. There's nothing to be worried about UNLESS you feel a 4inch screen will hinder you. For me, it's been a nice little change for a bit, but I'm firing my old 6S back up and will use that from now on. I do way too much reading on my phone to not have a bigger screen, and the Plus' are just too big.

I love the idea of the SE but I don't think I could get used to the 4" screen again, especially since I've been rocking the Plus since 2014.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
It's really interesting that you say that about reading, because I do a lot of reading on mine as well and it works for me. As you said though, it is really person dependent.