Finally found an iPhone SE Space Grey in Dubai!

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Yuppie!!!! After a 1 week search all ending up in vain I finally found a store that has the iPhone SE 64GB Space Grey Color.

The problem is Apple under estimated the demand for this little powerful device and probably released it in limited quantities.

I bought the Silver 64GB iPhone SE for my wife on day one and she has loved it.

I have a Galaxy S7 (Exynos Version) and I love how snappy it is and the camera, but man the battery life especially the stand by time sucks big time. Like I'd charge the phone full, then not even touch it, after like an hour it would lose 15-20% I could barely get through the day with it and I am a moderate to light user. Yes I tried a factory reset and all background data for apps is off and no apps running in the background, as usual, Samsung standby time sucks. it's no different than actually using the phone.

Enough of that now..

So....I decided that I want an iPhone SE myself because when I held my wife's phone in my hand, something about it just felt so right. I don't know what stupid decision manufacturers have made to always release big phablets but I am a person who has a laptop and definitely don't need a big device that feels like I am holding a pair of slippers in my hand when I lift it to talk. I just want a small yet powerful device....

I searched in all the local shops here in the malls in Dubai, they only have the Gold, Rose Gold, and some of them have the Silver color but no one has the Space Grey color. Even Apple's Dubai website says if you order it now you will get it in 3 weeks. Same goes for the Apple US and Apple UK site.

Finally, out of desperation, I decided to Google "iPhone SE 64GB Space Grey Dubai" and I found a site called My GSM that has it with Face Time (the ones bought locally in the Dubai don't have Face Time)

So I ordered it but didn't pay and chose pay by credit card upon delivery.

The courier guy arrived at my door within 24 hours of placing the order and was extremely polite. He let me open the box and test the phone to ensure I am getting LTE signal and it has Face Time, then I made a phone call and everything was great. He also told me that if I face any issue with the phone, they will come to my place and collect the phone and deliver it to Apple. Very convenient. I highly recommend this site for people looking for this phone in Dubai:

MyGSM

I had a Spigen Glass Screen Protector that I ordered earlier and a Spigen Neo Hybrid (Metal Slate) - Metal Slate case which I slapped onto the phone. Minimalistic feel and good protection with a TPU inside in addition to the hard shell from the outside.

Love the all black look of this small snappy phone :)

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
CONGRATULATIONS and enjoy your new toy! :) #loveiPhoneSE #waitingforiPhone7

man the size of this phone is just so perfect it's gonna be hard for me to go back to big phones anymore! I hope they release an upgraded version of the SE soon that matches the specs of the iPhone S7

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

Congrats on your new device! I love mine, too (Rose Gold).

With respect to S7 reference, man, karma can prove to be a... y'all know, right? Remember those "wall-huggers" spoof ads that Samsung made to shame iPhone users with?

Anyway, I'm glad that you love it. Make sure to share your impressions after you've used it for a few days/weeks.

Thanks & cheers!

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

Congrats on your new device! I love mine, too (Rose Gold).

With respect to S7 reference, man, karma can prove to be a... y'all know, right? Remember those "wall-huggers" spoof ads that Samsung made to shame iPhone users with?

Anyway, I'm glad that you love it. Make sure to share your impressions after you've used it for a few days/weeks.

Thanks & cheers!

the real review, unbiased will come to you after a week of using it

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
That's interesting that they don't have Face Time. I wonder if that's a muslim thing or a government thing? Or a combination of both, lol

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting that they don't have Face Time. I wonder if that's a muslim thing or a government thing? Or a combination of both, lol

government thing. it can't even be installed later. that's why I bought a US version of the phone and Face Time works great albeit with a VPN

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

No need to; been using mine for two weeks+ and I am still loving it :) While I am not saying this is the best ever device, it feels right at home for me. Your mileage may vary, and that's cool.

Cheers!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative