Apple says the iPhone SE is better that 6s what the hell

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Well, I went down to my local Apple Store and At&t to shop for a new 6s Plus and both stores were out of the 64GB SE iPhone.

I was actually shocked.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have searched for anywhere that Apple said this and come up with nothing. I could have missed it though. Everything I see comparing the two is that the 6s is the better phone although the SE is a formidable opponent.

mcammarata7

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Probably just Apple promoting the newest phone by saying it was "better" in terms of "more bang for your buck". Ignoring price, i'd have a hard time believing anyone saying that the SE is "better" than the 6S. "Better" is also subjective. Maybe it is better for certain situations like pocketability. Also in response to Lefty724, they were probably sold out because they don't keep as many SE's in stock at a given time compared to the other iPhones

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
"Better" is a rather broad term so it could mean a number of things when comparing the iPhone SE and the iPhone 6s. One thing I am absolutely 100% sure of is that Apple would not claim that the SE is better than its flagship device in terms of quality or functionality.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
...they were probably sold out because they don't keep as many SE's in stock at a given time compared to the other iPhones

That and Apple underestimated demand for the smaller device. I recently heard that they ramped up production on the SE and slowed production on the 6s. Once the market in India opens up the iPhone SE is going to be a deal maker for Apple.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Someone on this forum repeatedly claimed that the iPhone (5S version, I think) was the best phone on the market because it offered the most "computing power per unit volume" of any smart phone at the time. This is probably true of the 5SE today, as it has a fast processor in a small case (with small volume), thanks to the very small screen.

Maybe the OP also uses the "computing power per unit volume" metric when selecting a smart phone.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I agree the SE is better than the 6s
I had a 6s and in my opinion the SE is nicer.
SE pros
- almost twice battery life
- as fast as 6s, faster graphics due to lower resolution
- TID is only a bit slower, still very reliable

6s is good, but too big to gain only 0.7" additional screen size .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro