Why aren't the items on my screen arranged in a way that suits my needs?

I

iMore Question

Items on screen not arranged in a way that suits my needs

I wish to re-arrange the items on the screen of iPhone SE have lost two of them through not knowing procedure!! Anne

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Shuffling the icon arrangement is a bit tricky at first but you will soon het a knack of it :--).

I usually arrange icons in the order of importance or the frequency of use.Most frequent used ones are on the first panel.
And on a panel, most used icons will be arranged within the reach by my right thumb (I am right-handed), i.e., an arc.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Shuffling the icon arrangement is a bit tricky at first but you will soon het a knack of it :--).

I usually arrange icons in the order of importance or the frequency of use.Most frequent used ones are on the first panel.
And on a panel, most used icons will be arranged within the reach by my right thumb (I am right-handed), i.e., an arc.

That's really interesting. I arrange by colors.
Like you, it's frequency of use too to an extent. All of the apps I open frequently are on the first home screen. The ones that I don't open as much are on the second screen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's really interesting. I arrange by colors.
Like you, it's frequency of use too to an extent. All of the apps I open frequently are on the first home screen. The ones that I don't open as much are on the second screen.

How does arranging app icons by color help?

ChamNG

May 30, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't help, it just meets my personal aesthetics, lol. I'm also one of those people who likes for the white calendar icon to blend in with the background, so I'm not the average person.

Must be pleasant for the eyes.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Probably the biggest thing I miss from android would be the ability to customize the home screen. I try to arrange mine so my most used apps are within thumbs reach.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I arrange mine alphabetically. Each icon is in a folder. Each folder is in alphabetical order on the screen, then each icon in each folder is also alphabetized. Makes it much quicker to find the app Im looking for.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
It works for me. View attachment 106344

It's not perfect but I don't see myself changing things anytime soon.

I noticed that you have the bottom righthand corner of the screen left open. I do not know if this was intentional, but I do the same for every screen and put a virtual home button (assistive touch) there. Click it and it will show 3 buttons, home, multitasking and lock screen. Home of course returns to the home screen. Multitasking opens the multitasking screen (I know 3D touch, or double clicking of home buttun will also do it but it's cumbersome. I also want to minimize mechanical wear of physical buttons), and the lock screen shutoff the screen. I am now used to these virtual buttons and it's so much easier and faster to go to each screen (for me).

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I noticed that you have the bottom righthand corner of the screen left open. I do not know if this was intentional, but I do the same for every screen and put a virtual home button (assistive touch) there. Click it and it will show 3 buttons, home, multitasking and lock screen. Home of course returns to the home screen. Multitasking opens the multitasking screen (I know 3D touch, or double clicking of home buttun will also do it but it's cumbersome. I also want to minimize mechanical wear of physical buttons), and the lock screen shutoff the screen. I am now used to these virtual buttons and it's so much easier and faster to go to each screen (for me).

I didn't know that you can do that! That sounds awesome.
In my case, I have nothing else lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice