I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

got556

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually trying to swap / sell my 6S to get an SE!

If you were around the Chicagoland area I would trade you. Not that I haven't absolutely adored my space gray 64gb SE....I just miss a larger screen. The size of the phone is wonderful however.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
If you were around the Chicagoland area I would trade you. Not that I haven't absolutely adored my space gray 64gb SE....I just miss a larger screen. The size of the phone is wonderful however.

I'm currently en route to Houston, TX (moving is so terrible) from Midland, TX. Not quite near Chicago, otherwise I would've swapped you in a heartbeat. Actually just sold my 6S on Swappa, using an old 5C until my 64GB Space Gray is delivered in 2-3 weeks. Thanks for the offer though!

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Ditto. I have room in my pockets, can type one-handed again and don't have to worry about balancing my phone anymore. My phablet phase is phinished. :)

Well, I lied. Turns out no matter how much I tried to convince myself the smaller screen was doable, it was not. :( So I'm back to dual wielding my 6S Plus and S7 Edge. No sense fighting it anymore. Size matters. ;)

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Well, I lied. Turns out no matter how much I tried to convince myself the smaller screen was doable, it was not. :( So I'm back to dual wielding my 6S Plus and S7 Edge. No sense fighting it anymore. Size matters. ;)

It's alright, this is why it is good to try things and see what works for you. You learned that it doesn't work for you in the long run so now there will be no more "what ifs". I have tried most of the phones that I wish to try but I find myself going back to the SE, and not really for the size even though it's great lol.

JRF_1986

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been using my iPhone 6 as my daily driver on my main line and had my Lumia 830 on my second line. Last week I decided to switch the Lumia for my old 5s and feel I enjoy the design and feel of the 5s over the 6. Honestly the only reason I'm not switching the 5s for the 6 is because of storage. I have the 16gb with only 3gb left to spare. I feel even a 32gb 5s would be better than using the 6. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that the 5s has always been my favorite iPhone design. Maybe it is time to get the SE to replace my 5s?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I've been using my iPhone 6 as my daily driver on my main line and had my Lumia 830 on my second line. Last week I decided to switch the Lumia for my old 5s and feel I enjoy the design and feel of the 5s over the 6. Honestly the only reason I'm not switching the 5s for the 6 is because of storage. I have the 16gb with only 3gb left to spare. I feel even a 32gb 5s would be better than using the 6. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that the 5s has always been my favorite iPhone design. Maybe it is time to get the SE to replace my 5s?

I think that would be a great idea. I'm pretty sure that you would love the SE! Additionally, if you want to go all in, you can do a trade-in and get $150 off for giving the 5s back to Apple.

JRF_1986

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I think that would be a great idea. I'm pretty sure that you would love the SE! Additionally, if you want to go all in, you can do a trade-in and get $150 off for giving the 5s back to Apple.

Thanks, I forgot trading in was an option. Good thing there's an Apple store nearby.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something, but for anyone who owned an iPhone 5 or 5S, isn't the 5SE just the same, but a bit faster and maybe with a slightly better camera? What did the OP expect?

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something, but for anyone who owned an iPhone 5 or 5S, isn't the 5SE just the same, but a bit faster and maybe with a slightly better camera? What did the OP expect?

It's the same internals as a 6S but with similar battery life close to a 6S plus. I have been using a SE for 8 weeks which i have now given to my son and gone back to a 6S plus the last 48 hours.
Would i buy another SE? Not for myself but they are great if you don't want/have the $$ to spend on a 6S. I wouldn't buy one again on size alone, too much missing.

Bluetooth not as good.
Screen quality not as good.
TID not as good.
Speaker not as good.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
It's funny to re-read something I said in here on 5/22/16....as I ordered a used 6S on Swappa like 3 days ago. As I've said, the SE is an awesome phone, but I've come to realize that I need some more screen real estate. Nothing more. Nothing less. Initially I didn't think the smaller screen would bother me so much, but after using the SE since it's inception, every so often, I'll get to hold a friend's 6 and immediately think "man, this screen is way better than mine." So, I'm putting my SE away for a while. May end up selling it. Who knows.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
LOL, I'm exactly the opposite, after having owned the Galaxy S6 edge+, Nexus 6P, BlackBerry PRIV, iPhone 6S, Galaxy S7, in the past few months.....now holding the iPhone SE I feel gosh, how was I ever able to use those huge devices! Love the small form factor.

it's a personal preference

This is exactly my thoughts as well. I've been so unhappy with every phone I've had beyond the 5s that I jumped on this SE the moment it was freely available at my local T-Mobile store. After about a week, I'm completely used to the smaller keyboard and never have to worry about not being able to use it is I have something else in my off hand. It's a little too small to watch movies on, but the iPad handles that perfectly.

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I also came from a 6S (which I gave to my wife) and been toting the SE since late April, which is nearly 2 months now. And I admit: everytime I come home, I do miss the 6S especially since I'm a gamer. I am presently playing Vainglory, XCOM and Titan Quest on my SE. I tried installing and playing Titan Quest on the 6S and wow... It made me miss it even more! The screen, the detail, ease of controls, ZOMG! Plus, another point that stings a lot, the bandwidths my SE supports isn't the same as with the 6S. I was consistently getting LTE speeds upto 33 mbps at work before and now with the SE, i'm always on 3G. I'm lucky if I get speeds above 50kbps or even 25kbps. Well I just keep telling myself: "at least the SE can be used one handed, isn't slippery, and isn't giving my pinky cramps anymore" to lessen and dampen the...pain? Lol

anon(9940776)

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I had a 4s for work. After 2 years I ditched for a blackberry. Went through a bunch of models right up to the Passport, huge, and Priv, also huge in a different way.

Watched everyone at the office upgrade through the 6 series, and all models were in play and well represented.

When it became time to pick a new burner phone, I tried all iPhone models and found the SE to be my perfect choice. I especially like the price point. I think 400 is perfect for a phone, especially a second phone. The Priv is still my work phone because of its ability to simulate push email with the Hub, but SE is so useful in many other ways.

Have I ever been tempted to take it back for a larger form factor? No, as said before not this late in the phone model cycle. 7 is going to likely be 700-1000, so enough of that nonsense.

I invested my SE saved dollars and 7 anticipated spend, and bought a beautiful iPad Pro 9.7. :)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't purchased an SE but the wife's Niece is here for a few days and she has an SE. When I held it for the first time I thought, "a device this size is kind of nice" until I started trying to type a message. It was no bueno after that. MUCH too small after using the 6S Plus!

Last edited:

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am not sure what I was thinking. When the 5S was replaced with the 6S and 6S+, I went with the plus. HUGE difference in many ways. Then after about a year, I thought it was too big and switched to the 6S and loved it (except battery). Then the SE comes along and I thought that would be perfect. Most of the spec of the 6S, great battery and low cost.. So I leaped and after about 2 days, I was asking myself "what were you thinking? This is such a step backwards... I leaped right over the 6S and back to the Plus which I loved for a year and love it again now.

If size and money are an issue the SE is fine, but it's not something to give up the 6S or 6S+ For

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW