I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

amb1605

May 3, 2016
Visit site
So I just wanted to asked if there are some people who are actually not so happy with the purchase of the SE ?
When Apple announced the iPhone SE I was really hyped about the smaller form factor and the old and personally best design of the iPhone.
I used it for 2 weeks but couldn't adjust to the smaller screen like I thought.
Of course it's really handy on the go, it's battery is nice, love the design but the bigger screen and better resolution of the 6s make the big difference for me.
I switched back and returned my SE and now I appreciate my 6s more than before. The screen is way more responsive, better resolution, better speakers, better front camera and actually it's thinness and rounded design feel good in the hand. It's not so handy as the SE but in so many aspects it's just better for me.
I love the SE but after owning the 6s it feels like downgrading for me.
I am curious what others may feel like. Especially after owning the 6 or 6s.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I have an se and I'm not all that thrilled. I bought it because I didn't want to spend the coin on the S this late in the cycle. Phone is nice, but the screen is too small for me. I have been using a Galaxy Note of some form for the last four years. The screen is also sometimes non responsive to touch. The camera turns off music. On the other hand the battery life is pretty darn good.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
One of the sales managers I work with just got an SE and really likes it. I handled it the other day, and thought about how much I dug my iPhone 5s... but also realized I'm not getting any younger, and the tiny screen of the SE wouldn't be good for my aging eyes.

Think I'll stick with my 6s. And, if Apple changes the hardware design on the "7+" I'll for the bigger one next.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I so wish they had the Se design in a 4.7 inch screen. I'd be all over it. I just can't see myself going back to a screen I can't type easily on.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I stepped into a T-Mobile store by me yesterday morning to pass time before work and to check out a specific phone. Right next to that phone was the iPhone SE. I found myself curiously staring at it for several minutes. Is the 5s/5 really as small as that??? I swore that this SE on display was even smaller. o_O Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me because the phone I was checking out before it was a phablet. I definitely prefer the size of the iPhone 6/6s.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I had a 6S plus 128gb, if i had a 6S probably wouldn't of got a SE, i wasn't going to lay out heaps for a 6s so just got the SE 16gb for now, used a 5C for a month after selling my 6S plus and liked the size again, for me its a business phone for calls first, in my home/office i text with my iMac. My other uses are camera of course and email/music on the run, i walk my dogs 3ks a day and its so much better in the pocket.
I have a iPad pro 12.9 128gb LTE for everything else and all my photos/video go onto it via my 27" 5K iMac. I have changed from 6S plus, 15" mbpr, iPad air 2 all this year.
This is the best setup i have had with Apple products, took a while to get here but love it. If the IP7 is smaller with a 4.7" screen i may swap if not will run with the SE.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Had the 6s+ and went with the SE, but after two weeks, I switched back because it was just too small

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same boat.

I came from a Note 5 to a SE, then went and bought a 6s Plus on impulse just to try it out. Man was that the wrong move! I absolutely loved the Plus but had to return it within the 14 days for financial reasons.

I'm now back on my SE and also carrying around a iPad mini. I like the specs and size of the SE, I just have way too many typing errors for my liking since the keyboard is so small and narrow.

I'm now trying to decide if I should stick it out with the SE or just sell it off and put the $$ back towards a 6s+?

Btw- I've also pulled out my old BlackBerry Classic and have been using it for emails and posting on forums because I absolutely love the typing experience vs the SE LoL!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I never got the SE. But I keep my old iPhone 5 handy for artwork and wallpaper purposes. My 6s Plus really dwarfs the 5. Every time I pick up the 5, I think, "How did I ever use this as my daily driver?". I'm sold on the 5.5" screen. My eyes are very happy. The SE looks sharp. But it's not for everybody.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Still loving the SE. Picked up my wife's 6S Plus the other day to look at something and forgot how heavy and unwieldy it was. And though my eyes maybe be older, it couldn't be any easier to adjust the text size. (Will never use a 6S since my children are constantly carping about the poor battery life.)

eckl

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps you can adjust the font size. It requires a bit more scrolling but it is perfectly legible.

werner6769

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I got an old 3.5 inch iPhone 4 that I use alongside my 4 inch windows phone. When I switch back to the 4 inch it feels huge! It all depends on what you are used to.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Went from the 6 Plus to the SE because of one handed use and since my 6+ wasn't paid yet it would lower the payments for me. Plus the SE wouldn't feel like a remote in my pocket like the 6+. After a couple of days I just missed my 6+ plus screen size. Funny when I took off my glass screen protector on my Plus it made the screen seem bigger. I just fell back in love with my 6+. I will be returning my SE today and will finish my 6+ lease payment and upgrade to the 7/7+. The 4.7 screen felt better in hand but I just may stick with the plus. Sorry for the extended post

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
ahhhh this might be me!! lol i am also coming from a 6s (had a 6+ previously) but i am curious about the SE. i have a feeling i will go right back to my 6s. I said in another post that I will have to take a look at it in the store and make my decision.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I seriously considered the SE, but after hearing the power button still rattles like the 5s, it put me right off.

I have the Spigen Neo Hybrid (Metal Slate) case on maybe that's why I never noticed any issues about the power button, everything seems firm and well constructed.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
ahhhh this might be me!! lol i am also coming from a 6s (had a 6+ previously) but i am curious about the SE. i have a feeling i will go right back to my 6s. I said in another post that I will have to take a look at it in the store and make my decision.

they're all good phones, it is a personal preference really. Like I might say I'd never ever wanna use a 6S Plus due to its humongous size and you might say the same about the SE due to its small size. I love small phones. The smaller, the better.

I wish Apple made a 4 inch phone like the 4S

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I see an iPhone SE or 5S, I wonder how was I capable to use such a small screen for years, even play heavy games like need for speed, Metalstorm online on them non stop. Now it's been a year now that I'm on the biggest iPhone screen, there is no way I could ever go back to SE size.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I see an iPhone SE or 5S, I wonder how was I capable to use such a small screen for years, even play heavy games like need for speed, Metalstorm online on them non stop. Now it's been a year now that I'm on the biggest iPhone screen, there is no way I could ever go back to SE size.

LOL, I'm exactly the opposite, after having owned the Galaxy S6 edge+, Nexus 6P, BlackBerry PRIV, iPhone 6S, Galaxy S7, in the past few months.....now holding the iPhone SE I feel gosh, how was I ever able to use those huge devices! Love the small form factor.

it's a personal preference

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
LOL, I'm exactly the opposite, after having owned the Galaxy S6 edge+, Nexus 6P, BlackBerry PRIV, iPhone 6S, Galaxy S7, in the past few months.....now holding the iPhone SE I feel gosh, how was I ever able to use those huge devices! Love the small form factor.

it's a personal preference

Ditto. I have room in my pockets, can type one-handed again and don't have to worry about balancing my phone anymore. My phablet phase is phinished. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice