Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 72
Like Tree112Likes
  1. #26  
    rdmartin1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Use a 3rd party camera when playing music. Only the stock camera shuts off when music is playing. I use ProCamera +HDR as my default. I only use the stock for live photos.
    Why should I have to waste space with a third party app to use a product in the way it should work? Apple needs to fix this. Live photos are a waste in my opinion. Perhaps they should give the option to turn that off so it works like a camera should.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by rdmartin1 View Post
    Why should I have to waste space with a third party app to use a product in the way it should work? Apple needs to fix this. Live photos are a waste in my opinion. Perhaps they should give the option to turn that off so it works like a camera should.
    Some of these 3rd party cameras have many more features and options than the stock. ProCamera has a great low light setting. It would be great if Apple would include all these great features as well as allow music to play. But they don't. You can leave them feedback here:
    Feedback
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html
  3. #28  
    Snappy Phoenix's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    849 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Some of these 3rd party cameras have many more features and options than the stock. ProCamera has a great low light setting. It would be great if Apple would include all these great features as well as allow music to play. But they don't. You can leave them feedback here:
    Feedback
    Feedback - iPhone - Apple
    thanks a lot for this recommendation! ProCamera is so good that I bought it for myself and my wife with the HRD Plus mode! It's like an upgrade for the camera, seriously. The quality is just insane and the low light mode is so good.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
  4. #29  

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
    thanks a lot for this recommendation! ProCamera is so good that I bought it for myself and my wife with the HRD Plus mode! It's like an upgrade for the camera, seriously. The quality is just insane and the low light mode is so good.
    One of my favorite features is the time/date stamp that shows at the bottom of photos. You can enable it in the settings. The low light+ is amazing. Totally worth the in app price.
  5. #30  
    super_rigel's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    I currently use the SE along with a Sony Z3. Although typing on the SE is slightly less convenient than typing on the 6/6s and plus models, the SE is very portable and convenient to use with one hand. I still enjoy using my SE. I suppose I'll dual wield devices. For times when I need a bigger screen, I simply use my Z3. It works.
    Snappy Phoenix and libra89 like this.
  6. #31  
    Lefty724's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,136 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    I loved my SE! The size, screen and power button on top were great! I could just never get used to typing on that tiny screen. I would have a lot of errors.

    I type a lot on my phones and run my business from them, so a bigger screen just made sense for me.
    Edmilan likes this.
  7. #32  
    Snappy Phoenix's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    849 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    One of my favorite features is the time/date stamp that shows at the bottom of photos. You can enable it in the settings. The low light+ is amazing. Totally worth the in app price.
    yes I loved that too. But I can't find how to buby or activate the lowlight plus mode. Like when I chose HDR, it prompted me to buy it which I did, but when I chose Low Light, it didn't prompt me to buy anything or upgrade to the plus. how do I do that?
  8. #33  

    Default I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
    yes I loved that too. But I can't find how to buby or activate the lowlight plus mode. Like when I chose HDR, it prompted me to buy it which I did, but when I chose Low Light, it didn't prompt me to buy anything or upgrade to the plus. how do I do that?
    There should be two low light Settings. One regular low light, and the low light +.

    PM me if you still have issues. We don't need to hijack the thread.
  9. #34  
    Easycure1974's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    There should be two low light Settings. One regular low light, and the low light +.
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...0f77b8b113.jpg
    PM me if you still have issues. We don't need to hijack the thread.
    Is the low light only available on the plus with its OIS ? Don't have that option on my SE but on my 6s Plus
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Easycure1974 View Post
    Is the low light only available on the plus with its OIS ? Don't have that option on my SE but on my 6s Plus
    It's on my iPhone 5. I just checked. It should be there. Ahh! Slide the menu all the way to the left. You should see the menu as shown below. Toggle low light on.
    Easycure1974 and libra89 like this.
  11. #36  
    Easycure1974's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    It's on my iPhone 5. I just checked. It should be there. Ahh! Slide the menu all the way to the left. You should see the menu as shown below. Toggle low light on.
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...770078ab7c.jpg
    Cant find it on my SE

  12. #37  
    randally's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    120 Posts

    Default I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by rdmartin1 View Post
    Why should I have to waste space with a third party app to use a product in the way it should work? Apple needs to fix this. Live photos are a waste in my opinion. Perhaps they should give the option to turn that off so it works like a camera should.
    It does work like it should. Since live photo and video modes use the mic to record sound, music is turned off so it is not recorded.
    Last edited by randally; 05-25-2016 at 09:53 PM.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
  13. #38  

    Default I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Easycure1974 View Post
    Did you try deleting the app, then reinstall it? Requires iOS 8.3 or later.
  14. #39  
    rdmartin1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by randally View Post
    It does work like it should. Since live photo and video modes use the mic to record sound, music is turned off so it is not recorded.
    No it does not work like it should. If I were recording a video or using Live Photos I would expect my music to pause. However when I am taking a standard photo it should not interfere with my audio. That is not how it is supposed to work. No other phone does that.
  15. #40  
    Easycure1974's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Did you try deleting the app, then reinstall it? Requires iOS 8.3 or later.

    Yes, deleted it and reinstalled it, running 9.3.2
  16. #41  
    solu's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by rdmartin1 View Post
    The camera turns off music.
    The camera turns off music on all the new iPhones .. think its because of Live Photos
    libra89 likes this.
  17. #42  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,563 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,944 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by rdmartin1 View Post
    Perhaps they should give the option to turn that off so it works like a camera should.
    You can turn off Live Photos if that's what you're talking about.
  18. #43  
    jayk82's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    266 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    I'm actually trying to swap / sell my 6S to get an SE!
    Snappy Phoenix and Edmilan like this.
  19. #44  
    got556's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by jayk82 View Post
    I'm actually trying to swap / sell my 6S to get an SE!
    If you were around the Chicagoland area I would trade you. Not that I haven't absolutely adored my space gray 64gb SE....I just miss a larger screen. The size of the phone is wonderful however.
  20. #45  
    jayk82's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    266 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by got556 View Post
    If you were around the Chicagoland area I would trade you. Not that I haven't absolutely adored my space gray 64gb SE....I just miss a larger screen. The size of the phone is wonderful however.
    I'm currently en route to Houston, TX (moving is so terrible) from Midland, TX. Not quite near Chicago, otherwise I would've swapped you in a heartbeat. Actually just sold my 6S on Swappa, using an old 5C until my 64GB Space Gray is delivered in 2-3 weeks. Thanks for the offer though!
    libra89 likes this.
  21. #46  
    sangs's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    902 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by sangs View Post
    Ditto. I have room in my pockets, can type one-handed again and don't have to worry about balancing my phone anymore. My phablet phase is phinished.
    Well, I lied. Turns out no matter how much I tried to convince myself the smaller screen was doable, it was not. So I'm back to dual wielding my 6S Plus and S7 Edge. No sense fighting it anymore. Size matters.
    Ariel Babalao and Lefty724 like this.
  22. #47  
    libra89's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    516 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,113 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by sangs View Post
    Well, I lied. Turns out no matter how much I tried to convince myself the smaller screen was doable, it was not. So I'm back to dual wielding my 6S Plus and S7 Edge. No sense fighting it anymore. Size matters.
    It's alright, this is why it is good to try things and see what works for you. You learned that it doesn't work for you in the long run so now there will be no more "what ifs". I have tried most of the phones that I wish to try but I find myself going back to the SE, and not really for the size even though it's great lol.
    sangs likes this.
  23. #48  
    JRF_1986's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,560 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    I've been using my iPhone 6 as my daily driver on my main line and had my Lumia 830 on my second line. Last week I decided to switch the Lumia for my old 5s and feel I enjoy the design and feel of the 5s over the 6. Honestly the only reason I'm not switching the 5s for the 6 is because of storage. I have the 16gb with only 3gb left to spare. I feel even a 32gb 5s would be better than using the 6. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that the 5s has always been my favorite iPhone design. Maybe it is time to get the SE to replace my 5s?
    libra89 likes this.
  24. #49  
    libra89's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    516 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,113 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by JRF_1986 View Post
    I've been using my iPhone 6 as my daily driver on my main line and had my Lumia 830 on my second line. Last week I decided to switch the Lumia for my old 5s and feel I enjoy the design and feel of the 5s over the 6. Honestly the only reason I'm not switching the 5s for the 6 is because of storage. I have the 16gb with only 3gb left to spare. I feel even a 32gb 5s would be better than using the 6. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that the 5s has always been my favorite iPhone design. Maybe it is time to get the SE to replace my 5s?
    I think that would be a great idea. I'm pretty sure that you would love the SE! Additionally, if you want to go all in, you can do a trade-in and get $150 off for giving the 5s back to Apple.
    JRF_1986 likes this.
  25. #50  
    JRF_1986's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,560 Global Posts

    Default Re: I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

    Quote Originally Posted by libra89 View Post
    I think that would be a great idea. I'm pretty sure that you would love the SE! Additionally, if you want to go all in, you can do a trade-in and get $150 off for giving the 5s back to Apple.
    Thanks, I forgot trading in was an option. Good thing there's an Apple store nearby.
    libra89 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-07-2016, 11:05 AM
  2. Do I use data to text? (very new to cell phone use)
    By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2016, 03:47 PM
  3. The Rock's new motivational alarm app will help you crush your day
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2016, 03:30 PM
  4. The iPhone is TIME Magazine's most influential gadget of all time
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2016, 03:12 PM
  5. How to use the Podcasts app for iPhone and iPad
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2016, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions