Use a 3rd party camera when playing music. Only the stock camera shuts off when music is playing. I use ProCamera +HDR as my default. I only use the stock for live photos.
    Why should I have to waste space with a third party app to use a product in the way it should work? Apple needs to fix this. Live photos are a waste in my opinion. Perhaps they should give the option to turn that off so it works like a camera should.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    05-24-2016 03:36 PM
    Why should I have to waste space with a third party app to use a product in the way it should work? Apple needs to fix this. Live photos are a waste in my opinion. Perhaps they should give the option to turn that off so it works like a camera should.
    Some of these 3rd party cameras have many more features and options than the stock. ProCamera has a great low light setting. It would be great if Apple would include all these great features as well as allow music to play. But they don't. You can leave them feedback here:
    Feedback
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html
    05-24-2016 07:03 PM
    Some of these 3rd party cameras have many more features and options than the stock. ProCamera has a great low light setting. It would be great if Apple would include all these great features as well as allow music to play. But they don't. You can leave them feedback here:
    Feedback
    Feedback - iPhone - Apple
    thanks a lot for this recommendation! ProCamera is so good that I bought it for myself and my wife with the HRD Plus mode! It's like an upgrade for the camera, seriously. The quality is just insane and the low light mode is so good.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    05-25-2016 12:36 AM
    thanks a lot for this recommendation! ProCamera is so good that I bought it for myself and my wife with the HRD Plus mode! It's like an upgrade for the camera, seriously. The quality is just insane and the low light mode is so good.
    One of my favorite features is the time/date stamp that shows at the bottom of photos. You can enable it in the settings. The low light+ is amazing. Totally worth the in app price.
    05-25-2016 06:43 AM
    I currently use the SE along with a Sony Z3. Although typing on the SE is slightly less convenient than typing on the 6/6s and plus models, the SE is very portable and convenient to use with one hand. I still enjoy using my SE. I suppose I'll dual wield devices. For times when I need a bigger screen, I simply use my Z3. It works.
    Snappy Phoenix and libra89 like this.
    05-25-2016 08:40 AM
    I loved my SE! The size, screen and power button on top were great! I could just never get used to typing on that tiny screen. I would have a lot of errors.

I type a lot on my phones and run my business from them, so a bigger screen just made sense for me.
    Edmilan likes this.
    05-25-2016 09:17 AM
    One of my favorite features is the time/date stamp that shows at the bottom of photos. You can enable it in the settings. The low light+ is amazing. Totally worth the in app price.
    yes I loved that too. But I can't find how to buby or activate the lowlight plus mode. Like when I chose HDR, it prompted me to buy it which I did, but when I chose Low Light, it didn't prompt me to buy anything or upgrade to the plus. how do I do that?
    05-25-2016 11:32 AM
    yes I loved that too. But I can't find how to buby or activate the lowlight plus mode. Like when I chose HDR, it prompted me to buy it which I did, but when I chose Low Light, it didn't prompt me to buy anything or upgrade to the plus. how do I do that?
    There should be two low light Settings. One regular low light, and the low light +.

PM me if you still have issues. We don't need to hijack the thread.
    Annie_i6s and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    05-25-2016 11:57 AM
    There should be two low light Settings. One regular low light, and the low light +.
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...0f77b8b113.jpg
    PM me if you still have issues. We don't need to hijack the thread.
    Is the low light only available on the plus with its OIS ? Don't have that option on my SE but on my 6s Plus
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    05-25-2016 12:20 PM
    Is the low light only available on the plus with its OIS ? Don't have that option on my SE but on my 6s Plus
    It's on my iPhone 5. I just checked. It should be there. Ahh! Slide the menu all the way to the left. You should see the menu as shown below. Toggle low light on.
    Easycure1974 and libra89 like this.
    05-25-2016 12:56 PM
    It's on my iPhone 5. I just checked. It should be there. Ahh! Slide the menu all the way to the left. You should see the menu as shown below. Toggle low light on.
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...770078ab7c.jpg
    Cant find it on my SE

05-25-2016 02:22 PM
    It does work like it should. Since live photo and video modes use the mic to record sound, music is turned off so it is not recorded.
    Last edited by randally; 05-25-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-25-2016 04:02 PM
    Did you try deleting the app, then reinstall it? Requires iOS 8.3 or later.
    05-25-2016 04:15 PM
    It does work like it should. Since live photo and video modes use the mic to record sound, music is turned off so it is not recorded.
    No it does not work like it should. If I were recording a video or using Live Photos I would expect my music to pause. However when I am taking a standard photo it should not interfere with my audio. That is not how it is supposed to work. No other phone does that.
    05-25-2016 09:38 PM
    Did you try deleting the app, then reinstall it? Requires iOS 8.3 or later.

Yes, deleted it and reinstalled it, running 9.3.2
    05-25-2016 11:07 PM
    The camera turns off music.
    The camera turns off music on all the new iPhones .. think its because of Live Photos
    libra89 likes this.
    05-26-2016 10:44 AM
    Perhaps they should give the option to turn that off so it works like a camera should.
    You can turn off Live Photos if that's what you're talking about.
    05-26-2016 02:35 PM
    I'm actually trying to swap / sell my 6S to get an SE!
    Snappy Phoenix and Edmilan like this.
    05-29-2016 10:01 AM
    I'm actually trying to swap / sell my 6S to get an SE!
    If you were around the Chicagoland area I would trade you. Not that I haven't absolutely adored my space gray 64gb SE....I just miss a larger screen. The size of the phone is wonderful however.
    05-30-2016 06:42 PM
    If you were around the Chicagoland area I would trade you. Not that I haven't absolutely adored my space gray 64gb SE....I just miss a larger screen. The size of the phone is wonderful however.
    I'm currently en route to Houston, TX (moving is so terrible) from Midland, TX. Not quite near Chicago, otherwise I would've swapped you in a heartbeat. Actually just sold my 6S on Swappa, using an old 5C until my 64GB Space Gray is delivered in 2-3 weeks. Thanks for the offer though!
    libra89 likes this.
    05-30-2016 08:02 PM
    Ditto. I have room in my pockets, can type one-handed again and don't have to worry about balancing my phone anymore. My phablet phase is phinished.
    Well, I lied. Turns out no matter how much I tried to convince myself the smaller screen was doable, it was not. So I'm back to dual wielding my 6S Plus and S7 Edge. No sense fighting it anymore. Size matters.
    Ariel Babalao and Lefty724 like this.
    05-31-2016 06:39 AM
    Well, I lied. Turns out no matter how much I tried to convince myself the smaller screen was doable, it was not. So I'm back to dual wielding my 6S Plus and S7 Edge. No sense fighting it anymore. Size matters.
    It's alright, this is why it is good to try things and see what works for you. You learned that it doesn't work for you in the long run so now there will be no more "what ifs". I have tried most of the phones that I wish to try but I find myself going back to the SE, and not really for the size even though it's great lol.
    sangs likes this.
    05-31-2016 08:05 AM
    I've been using my iPhone 6 as my daily driver on my main line and had my Lumia 830 on my second line. Last week I decided to switch the Lumia for my old 5s and feel I enjoy the design and feel of the 5s over the 6. Honestly the only reason I'm not switching the 5s for the 6 is because of storage. I have the 16gb with only 3gb left to spare. I feel even a 32gb 5s would be better than using the 6. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that the 5s has always been my favorite iPhone design. Maybe it is time to get the SE to replace my 5s?
    libra89 likes this.
    05-31-2016 02:14 PM
    I've been using my iPhone 6 as my daily driver on my main line and had my Lumia 830 on my second line. Last week I decided to switch the Lumia for my old 5s and feel I enjoy the design and feel of the 5s over the 6. Honestly the only reason I'm not switching the 5s for the 6 is because of storage. I have the 16gb with only 3gb left to spare. I feel even a 32gb 5s would be better than using the 6. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that the 5s has always been my favorite iPhone design. Maybe it is time to get the SE to replace my 5s?
    I think that would be a great idea. I'm pretty sure that you would love the SE! Additionally, if you want to go all in, you can do a trade-in and get $150 off for giving the 5s back to Apple.
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    05-31-2016 02:34 PM
    I think that would be a great idea. I'm pretty sure that you would love the SE! Additionally, if you want to go all in, you can do a trade-in and get $150 off for giving the 5s back to Apple.
    Thanks, I forgot trading in was an option. Good thing there's an Apple store nearby.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-31-2016 04:40 PM
72 123