Thinking about selling my S7 for it...

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I am thinking about selling my Galaxy S7 because I am getting burned by Samsung/Verizon/prize logic in getting my gear s2 watch.

So, in retaliation, I am deciding in selling my S7 and coming back to Apple. I previously owned a note 5 but couldn't handle the big screen anymore. Decided to go smaller with the s7 and then apple releases the SE.

I hear the battery life is phenomenal on the SE. I like the smaller 4 inch screen size so I can use it one handed. So, I have a few questions.

How is the 'hey siri' application? Does the phone have to be unlocked for it to work? I know that phone has the 5s 'front' with the same front camera, screen and touch ID. I don't think it will bother me really.

Any insight would be great. Thanks!

Bob Garon

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Hey all,

I am thinking about selling my Galaxy S7 because I am getting burned by Samsung/Verizon/prize logic in getting my gear s2 watch.

So, in retaliation, I am deciding in selling my S7 and coming back to Apple. I previously owned a note 5 but couldn't handle the big screen anymore. Decided to go smaller with the s7 and then apple releases the SE.

I hear the battery life is phenomenal on the SE. I like the smaller 4 inch screen size so I can use it one handed. So, I have a few questions.

How is the 'hey siri' application? Does the phone have to be unlocked for it to work? I know that phone has the 5s 'front' with the same front camera, screen and touch ID. I don't think it will bother me really.

For me I absolutely LOVE the SE. That being said, I will probably get the iPhone 7 when it comes, the smallest version of the 7, but the SE is so great.

Hey Siri works perfect for me and seems to be much more reliable than "Ok Google" ever was on my Nexus. Both work well, but "Hey Siri" just seems to be more reliable to me. Some things it can do locked and some not, but most of what I need it to do works locked.

Both cameras work very well for my needs and I don't take selfies much, but when I have it is displaying fine. The Touch ID is slower than my Nexus 5X Imprint, but even so it works most of the time fine. I like the speed of the Imprint, but the SE is good enough for me. They say 99% of the time it works and I definitely agree with that statement. The only thing I wish it had in it was the 2nd Gen Touch ID so it was a bit faster, but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

I am coming from a regular Android user since the G1 first came out; however I have had an iPad since the 1st Gen mini launched. I enjoy both ecosystems, but when the SE came out I jumped all in for Apple and iOS. All to say that I am very happy with my purchase of the SE and am greatly looking forward to iOS 10 when it comes out too. I hope that helps.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
For me I absolutely LOVE the SE. That being said, I will probably get the iPhone 7 when it comes, the smallest version of the 7, but the SE is so great.

Hey Siri works perfect for me and seems to be much more reliable than "Ok Google" ever was on my Nexus. Both work well, but "Hey Siri" just seems to be more reliable to me. Some things it can do locked and some not, but most of what I need it to do works locked.

Both cameras work very well for my needs and I don't take selfies much, but when I have it is displaying fine. The Touch ID is slower than my Nexus 5X Imprint, but even so it works most of the time fine. I like the speed of the Imprint, but the SE is good enough for me. They say 99% of the time it works and I definitely agree with that statement. The only thing I wish it had in it was the 2nd Gen Touch ID so it was a bit faster, but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

I am coming from a regular Android user since the G1 first came out; however I have had an iPad since the 1st Gen mini launched. I enjoy both ecosystems, but when the SE came out I jumped all in for Apple and iOS. All to say that I am very happy with my purchase of the SE and am greatly looking forward to iOS 10 when it comes out too. I hope that helps.
Great info thanks!

Could you possibly give some feedback on battery life? Are you on Verizon?

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

Hey,

Thanks for the post; looks like you're into a lot of fun!

Disclaimer: I am not coming from the Android platform but from 6 Plus; I ABSOLUTELY love the SE. I received mine this passed Friday, so I haven't been able to confirm the battery life yet, but I see it's going to be on par with my 6 Plus (not a joke) - judging by the battery drain per time intervals/use (same apps & settings).

The camera is solid (and better than 6 Plus, that's for sure); I am so "at home" wit the 4-inch device. I can finally reach the top without the device being wobbly even with Reachability; and yes, I do have large hands. Typing is hit & miss, but I am giving myself some time to adjust.

To me, "Hey Siri" is precisely what I want it to be; quick, responsive, and very accurate. While I cannot comment on its robustness relative to Google Now (I live outside Google's ecosystem), to me it gets the job done with fetching all the info that I might want (weather, wiki search, and movie/music info).

I have never used anything beyond first-gen Touch ID; speaking from my experience, I am okay with it, 100% accuracy all the time. Folks say 6s is super-fast...

My unit is in Rose Gold, and I highly recommend the colour, that is if you are into something completely new :)

Enjoy your new device!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I can relate here.

I came directly from the Galaxy Note 5 to the SE. Battery life absolutely kills the Note 5. The SE is what made me come back to Apple and I'm happy I did. The thing that was holding me back from Apple was Swype to text. Now that SwiftKey is running good, I have no problems sticking with Apple from here on out.

Once I got wind of the SE, I pulled out my iPhone 5s and got used to the size again until the SE was launched. The iPhone 5s was really nice to use again but was lacking in performance. Once I bought the SE on launch day, the Galaxy Note 5 was for sale the next day.

I don't use Siri or the front camera much but I've grown to live touch ID and Apple pay a ton. I have the Speck card case and just carry my ID, debit and insurance card...every other credit card is on Apple pay and it's awesome!

Bob Garon

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I can relate here.

I came directly from the Galaxy Note 5 to the SE. Battery life absolutely kills the Note 5. The SE is what made me come back to Apple and I'm happy I did. The thing that was holding me back from Apple was Swype to text. Now that SwiftKey is running good, I have no problems sticking with Apple from here on out.

Once I got wind of the SE, I pulled out my iPhone 5s and got used to the size again until the SE was launched. The iPhone 5s was really nice to use again but was lacking in performance. Once I bought the SE on launch day, the Galaxy Note 5 was for sale the next day.

I don't use Siri or the front camera much but I've grown to live touch ID and Apple pay a ton. I have the Speck card case and just carry my ID, debit and insurance card...every other credit card is on Apple pay and it's awesome!

What website did you sell your note? I'm trying to sell an android phone as well. Can you put a link to your Speck case please. Thanks!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
What website did you sell your note? I'm trying to sell an android phone as well. Can you put a link to your Speck case please. Thanks!

I put it on Craigslist but sold to a friend here locally since he's been bugging me for it for a long time.

I bought the Speck case from Amazon and it's awesome. Love it!!!
Speck Products SmartFlex Card Case for iPhone 5 & 5S - Graphite Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093IHYS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2734936

joelucifer

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I got my SE 2 weeks ago and I can confirm on the super battery life,

There was one occasion that i forget to charge it overnight (i normally charge it everyday) and the next day, i was still able to use it for the whole day (moderate use). I must say, coming from Galaxy S6 the SE battery is damn good.

Using a Tech21 Impact Mesh case with it now. Great case.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Really close to getting one from Walmart (they have a deal where you get 100 off your bill).

I'm giving samsung this week to make things right.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro