Can't choose between 6s and SE

Rydsmith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I have both in front of me.

The SE was $550 after tax and the 6s (both 64 GB) was $600, so the price difference was rather minimal. I love the size of the SE, as one handed texting and text input is just amazing. Being able to text without needing to even look at the screen is truly amazing as well.

But, the screen real estate on the 6s is very nice for games and videos.

Decisions decisions as I only have about a week left to decide which I want to use as my daily driver for a while.

(Note, I only use 3D Touch for the keypad input and almost never take selfies so neither of those are important to me.)

Rydsmith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I thought the 6S was $749 before tax. Did the price drop? Do you spend a lot of time watching videos and gaming or just occasionally?

Got a new 6s off eBay (with a 30 day return "do not like" policy).

Gaming is meh on the phone, but videos (especially YouTube) are something I watch all the time.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It's a decision you need to make on your own

I bought the SE and I'm truly happy but everyones needs are different

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
When Apple created the 6 series 2 years ago, they followed the crowd.
Now, Apple created and serve its own niche of smaller (compact?) and all-buiness phones.
But then again, others will follow in no time......

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have had the 6S for a couple weeks now. Like you, I got it pretty cheap. I'm selling it, or trading it and getting a SE. In fact, I put my sim in my old 5S. The size just makes sense to me. Sounds crazy, but I fumble so much with the 6S. Ido of its the edges or something but it's just not comfortable.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I had the iPhone 6 and SE at the same to compare and see what size I liked better.

The SE wins hands down for me. The size and one handed operation have far exceeded my expectations.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the iPhone 6 and SE at the same to compare and see what size I liked better.

The SE wins hands down for me. The size and one handed operation have far exceeded my expectations.

Yes, a smartphone to me is a communication device with PIM to support my everyday life. It's a "get up and go, and "tossing around" device. Being able to listen to music occasionally or checking current world affairs on video when stranded in airport etc. are just bonus. I do not use the phone for entertainment or gaming etc. I do watch YouTube etc once in a while but mostly on desktop or iPad.

So, the compact size of the SE literally means a "daily driver". I do not feel like lugging around unwieldy stuff, but rather a trusty little companion.
The fact that the SE's size does not at all compromise the performance is the dream come true.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, a smartphone to me is a communication device with PIM to support my everyday life. It's a "get up and go, and "tossing around" device. Being able to listen to music occasionally or checking current world affairs on video when stranded in airport etc. are just bonus. I do not use the phone for entertainment or gaming etc. I do watch YouTube etc once in a while but mostly on desktop or iPad.

So, the compact size of the SE literally means a "daily driver". I do not feel like lugging around unwieldy stuff, but rather a trusty little companion.
The fact that the SE's size does not at all compromise the performance is the dream come true.

You sound very similar to me with how you use your phone, and I totally agree.
Glad to know that I'm not the only person who doesn't really watch YouTube videos on my phone. I could but nah. Just change checking current affairs with reading ebooks and using Feedly. xd

I would have never known that I could get a device like this! The price was just a bonus.

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I switched to the SE from a 6, I previously had a 6 Plus. I'm over big screens. A small, portable, compact yet powerful iPhone is perfect for me. The battery life is fantastic, the camera is fantastic, I can't praise it enough.

Ultimately though you need to decide what will work best for you.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Here's my $.02 The SE has many features of the 6s but not all. You need to see if those features are show stoppers, if so get the 6s. Also the size, do you want a slightly larger iPhone?

Here's what the SE does not have.
  • TouchID 2 (Original TouchID).
  • No 5-megapixel FaceTime camera
  • No barometer
  • No 3D Touch display
  • No Dual-Domain pixels
  • No LTE Advanced

For me the SE was a great size, but also great price. I'll be lying to you, to say the price was the final motivator in changing phones. I'd much rather spend 500 then 750.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you really like. I upgraded to the 6 from a 5S, skeptical at first because i didn't want to "follow the crowd", for what it's worth, i thought the 5S was the best iPhone thus far, perfect size, perfect design, it fit just right. When i upgraded, it is difficult to use the 6series iPhone's without a case, it's slippery, one handed texting is a little tough. BUT after a while of using the 6, i don't understand how i ever used a smaller phone, your eyes get used to the bigger screen for videos, pictures, and even texting is better with a wider keyboard. I personally prefer the 6series, and when the 7 comes out, I'll upgrade to 7plus.

But then again, it's truly up to you. The bigger screen makes a lot of things easier from what I've experience. Whether you get the SE or a 6series, you are still getting an amazing phone.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I was nothing to do with "following the crowd" for me when I went with the 6s Plus. It was just based on the fact that I fracking love the iPhone, and wanted the biggest screen I could get in my phone. Makes it easier to text with the wider keyboard, shoot off emails, and edit documents on the road. I spend a lot of time on the road for my job so the larger screen is nice. Plus it helps that I have really large hands so using it one hand generally isnt an issue for me.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the 6 Plus, and I'll never go back. Always avoided the iPhone due to the narrow screen. Used BB and one Non-Samaung Android.

Always in a Pelican case. Not hard to handle. Wife has a 6. Easy to handle, especially with the case she has on it.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I'm looking at one for the kids for their birthday in Dec. Glad you like yours.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I have been rolling with the 6S+ since launch and am fed up with the Big Screen. I just bought the 6S two days ago (because the SE was out of stock) and I am loving the smaller size. I have a couple weeks to decide and I might go even smaller with the SE. I do love the 3D touch though.. Tough call, but I am glad to be away from the monster

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73