To those who came from iPhone 6

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
How do you find the use of the keyboard this time for those who came from iPhone 6/6S (leave the 6+ aside)? Because currently I have the 6S and I'm thinking soon to switch to the SE but I'm worrying about the keyboard and the typing. Is it that hard? Do you spell usually wrong or any mistakes? What do you feel about it?

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I am a 6S owner, but my wife has a 5S and I have several occasions to play with it.
Initially it takes a little time to get accustomed (again) to the smaller keyboard. But it's not hard.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Takes a few days to adapt. The larger keyboard are nice no doubt. To me it almost seems like the predictive feature of the smaller SE keyboard works better, so it kind of makes up for it in a way. At least that's what I'm feeling.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Apples predictive text and keyboard is the best out there. Period. Especially on the smaller 5s/SE phones.

However, I really like swype on my SE. I'm using SwiftKey and it rocks. To me, SwiftKey just makes texting more fun.

I came from a iPhone 6 and would rather type on the SE because of the 1 handed operation. The 6 was just a little big for my liking.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
However, I really like swype on my SE. I'm using SwiftKey and it rocks. To me, SwiftKey just makes texting more fun.
I need to try SwiftKey. The issue I have with the add on keyboards, they seem just bolted on and lack the level of smooth integration. I've opened the messaging app at times only to see the standard keyboard and not swype or trying to get to the emoji keyboard, it seemed problematic. Perhaps its me, but I found them all around to be cumbersome, even though typing was a bit better.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I need to try SwiftKey. The issue I have with the add on keyboards, they seem just bolted on and lack the level of smooth integration. I've opened the messaging app at times only to see the standard keyboard and not swype or trying to get to the emoji keyboard, it seemed problematic. Perhaps its me, but I found them all around to be cumbersome, even though typing was a bit better.

Yeah, I second what Lefty said, SwiftKey is worth a try for sure, and you even get the emoji keyboard as well. Imo, it's pretty good and works in most apps.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site

Yes. SwiftKey works good and is really fun to use. I don't think it's as nice as say a stock Android keyboard, but it fills the void nice and get to have my cake and eat it too.

I have always switched back and forth from Apple to Android, mainly because of the keyboard on my Galaxy Note. Now that there is SwiftKey and/or Swype, I'll stay with Apple for a while.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I use my 5S from time to time while my iPhone 6 charges, but yea you feel the difference on the typing but you get used to it quick. Of course i prefer the typing on the 6 rather than a small phone, but it's not difficult to adapt.

BBerryPowerUser

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Not for nothing, but I really liked the keyboard on the Lumia phones, unfortunately its all but a dead platform.

I loved everything about my Lumia and the WindowsPhone platform, including Cortana. But the lack of Apps was worse than BlackBerry 10, and the lack of some app integration was horrid. i.e., accept a GOTOMEETING invite, and WindowsPhone stripped out the details, deleted the invitation and only put "GOTOMEETING" in your schedule. No contact info, no dial in info, no nothing. Horrible.

I'd jump on an SE in a heartbeat, but I'm thinking a new 7 with a larger screen may be better for my big fingers. Yet, I can type well enough on my 4s, so maybe the SE would be the ticket.

BBerryPowerUser

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes. If I'm being honest, my favorite keyboard is/was the Blackberry 9900 and Classic.

Talk about a dead platform....

I have a 9900 still on my business line via ATT. Great phone even today if all you want is email, text and phone. But I also have a BB10 Q5 that I use once in a while with a SIM swap. I actually prefer the Curve keyboard vs a Bold keyboard. Island keys spread the keys out for me, rather than bunch them together like the Bold.

Full disclosure; I embraced iPhone full time because of Apple Music. Music is so important to me, and in my mind, Apple Music is the best out there, and I love the integration into the OS instead of it running as an outside App.

I'm waiting for the 7 and looking forward to a larger VIRTUAL keyboard. But watch me go with an SE last minute for the compact size. We'll see.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes! The curved keyboard of the 9900 was my all time favorite. BB07 was absolutely the best for email. Period.

BB10 meh...Apple iOS is better for email imo.

I used the Classic, Passport and Priv for a while but I hated using 3rd party apps (not Priv) for the apps that I had to have. I rely on a few apps for personal and business, and BB just couldn't deliver.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I loved everything about my Lumia and the WindowsPhone platform, including Cortana

Yeah, there are things I really missed about the windows phone, but MS failed to capture the hearts and minds of the consumers, developers and carriers where the phone is sold. I had a salesman who worked hard at trying to sell a Galaxy phone instead of a Lumia that I wanted.

MS is now moving to services on all the platforms, instead of trying to beat Apple and Google. I'm not exactly sure how they'll monertize that though

I'd jump on an SE in a heartbeat, but I'm thinking a new 7
For me the SE is a perfect size. I'm really liking the form factor, so I think I'll be less inclined to get the 7, especially since I just bought the SE ;)

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I went back to my iPhone 5S (not on purpose) a few weeks back, the size was very nice I have to admit, but I couldn't make the mental jump back to the reduced screen size.

I've wanted to love Swiftkey or Swype for ages now, I keep trying them both, but the limitations of the implementation is just so poor that I always end up back on stock keyboard. Apple needs to sort this out.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I like using SwiftKey, but in the end it does take me a little longer to type and I usually have more typing errors.

The stock keyboard is very nice and accurate, but I'd like to have swype on the factory keyboard.

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyway that we can add the Google keyboard on my SE later? I think that's the only thing that I liked and missed from Android.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2