I just returned my iPhone 6s Plus and am sticking with the SE. I returned it because of cost.

If cost wasn't a issue, then I'd be on the 6s Plus no doubt.

Being that the SE is paid for and unlocked, it just makes financial sense.

Right now I'm missing the screen, keyboard and battery of the 6s Plus the most. However, the smaller size and specs of the SE make the transition not as tough. I'm hoping I can get used to this keyboard and quit making so many typing errors? If not, I'll have to revisit a 6s Plus once my finances allow.
    04-30-2016 04:01 PM
    Ended up passing on the SE to my wife as an upgrade to her 5S and returned to my 6s+ While the form factor/design had me, because on constantly working from my device, it wasn't cutting it
    04-30-2016 05:40 PM
    I seriously considered the SE until I got to this conclusion:

I have small hands but the 5/5S size feels cramped and I know, once the novelty wears off, I'll regret it.

I wouldn't be able to go back to smaller than 4.7".
    rellyrellz likes this.
    04-30-2016 08:03 PM
    I will be upgrading from the iPhone 6 Plus to the iPhone SE Gold edition in a few day's excited I had always favored the size and how it fits perfectly in the hands of the users.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-01-2016 03:33 PM
    Ya, maybe that was the problem? I was using the first generation iPad mini and the SE was light years faster than it lol.
    I have the same setup currently and can't wait to upgrade my iPad... Just don't know which one to get.
    05-01-2016 05:30 PM
    Ya, maybe that was the problem? I was using the first generation iPad mini and the SE was light years faster than it lol.
    I am using an iPhone SE and an iPad mini 4, and I'm starting to find a much better usage balance than with the the iPad mini 4 and the 6S+. I partially miss the 3D Touch and the better selfie camera of the 6S+ but nothing too major.

As far as performance goes, the iPhone SE and the iPad mini 4 are almost on par. The SE is faster mainly due to the A9 vs A8 processor; However for general usage, this is hardly noticeable.
    05-01-2016 06:19 PM
    I am using an iPhone SE and an iPad mini 4, and I'm starting to find a much better usage balance than with the the iPad mini 4 and the 6S+. I partially miss the 3D Touch and the better selfie camera of the 6S+ but nothing too major.

As far as performance goes, the iPhone SE and the iPad mini 4 are almost on par. The SE is faster mainly due to the A9 vs A8 processor; However for general usage, this is hardly noticeable.
    With my iPhone 6s Plus, my iPad mini just sat and never got used. I was able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Now that I'm back on the SE, I'm charging the iPad again. I love the SE and it's a powerhouse.

I'm gonna play with using my Blackberry Classic/iPad mini this week and see how that goes.
    05-01-2016 06:25 PM
    Definitely going to return the SE and stick with my 6 Plus until the 7. Will continue my non S upgrade cycle that I've been on since my first iPhone (3G). Still also going to purchase an iPad Pro 9.7.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    05-02-2016 08:57 AM
    I swapped out my 6 Plus for the SE today and I couldn't be happier! I came from the Galaxy S4 and was ready for a phablet at the time. The huge screen was amazing and I thought it was a love that was going to last. But with an infant and a toddler the 6 Plus had become unwieldy and cumbersome to use on the go. I traded it in and got $300 for it. As for the SE, I am a late comer to iPhone and I finally get why there are so many fans of the 4 inch screen. It has taken me less than a day to adjust, and I may come across a few tasks made more difficult by the smaller screen, but for now I am totally satisfied with my trade.
    Last edited by TreeSpooner; 05-07-2016 at 04:28 AM.
    05-07-2016 12:02 AM
    I wanted to give a quick update after having used the phone for a few days.

I mostly use my phone to text, make calls, browse the Web, listen to music, and watch shows. The transition to a smaller keyboard hasn't been a nuisance at all for me, but I do have smaller hands than some.

Transitioning from the 6+ I was mostly worried about having difficulty being able to read Web content and how the smaller screen size would affect my experience watching shows. So far I have been pleasantly surprised. I use Safari as my browser and find that enabling reader view really helps. I'd say it's available on 75% of the websites I visit. At first I didn't think I would be able to enjoy watching shows nearly as much as I did on the 6+, and while this is mostly true, I don't hate it at all as I typically only watch 30-60 minutes per day. I feel like the benefits of the smaller device far outweigh this and it is to expected that viewing shows is better on a bigger screen.

The most pleasant difference for me has actually been the form factor! I find that the phone is so much easier and enjoyable to hold due to the more squared off deign. As I mentioned in my previous post, the 6+ was my first iPhone so I had no experience with the 5s to compare it to.

The SE feels snappier and the battery lasts me just as long as my 6+ ever did. The difference between the second and first generation Touch ID is negligible for me. So other than the screen size, I feel like I gained more than I lost with this trade.

Hope this helps anyone else considering making the trade from a 6+!
    libra89, JanuarJaguar and jiden77 like this.
    05-10-2016 09:37 AM
    I wanted to give a quick update after having used the phone for a few days.

I mostly use my phone to text, make calls, browse the Web, listen to music, and watch shows. The transition to a smaller keyboard hasn't been a nuisance at all for me, but I do have smaller hands than some.

Transitioning from the 6+ I was mostly worried about having difficulty being able to read Web content and how the smaller screen size would affect my experience watching shows. So far I have been pleasantly surprised. I use Safari as my browser and find that enabling reader view really helps. I'd say it's available on 75% of the websites I visit. At first I didn't think I would be able to enjoy watching shows nearly as much as I did on the 6+, and while this is mostly true, I don't hate it at all as I typically only watch 30-60 minutes per day. I feel like the benefits of the smaller device far outweigh this and it is to expected that viewing shows is better on a bigger screen.

The most pleasant difference for me has actually been the form factor! I find that the phone is so much easier and enjoyable to hold due to the more squared off deign. As I mentioned in my previous post, the 6+ was my first iPhone so I had no experience with the 5s to compare it to.

The SE feels snappier and the battery lasts me just as long as my 6+ ever did. The difference between the second and first generation Touch ID is negligible for me. So other than the screen size, I feel like I gained more than I lost with this trade.

Hope this helps anyone else considering making the trade from a 6+!
    Glad you are happy with your choice!

Just a thing to note: if you did come from a 6+ and not a 6s+ then you should know that TouchID is first generation on both the SE and 6+!
    05-10-2016 09:47 AM
    Hey guys, so I definitely tried to go from my 6+ to the SE as I mentioned in my OP.

Didn't workout how I wanted it too. For anyone switching, you may be able to get used to it but the screen is just so small now and my typing on the SE was ridiculously inaccurate.

BUT I did move to a 6s. So we are all good haha
    05-10-2016 09:50 AM
    Glad you are happy with your choice!

Just a thing to note: if you did come from a 6+ and not a 6s+ then you should know that TouchID is first generation on both the SE and 6+!
    Well then that would make sense I don't see a difference, LOL! Thanks for pointing that out
    05-10-2016 10:15 AM
    Hey guys, so I definitely tried to go from my 6+ to the SE as I mentioned in my OP.

Didn't workout how I wanted it too. For anyone switching, you may be able to get used to it but the screen is just so small now and my typing on the SE was ridiculously inaccurate.

BUT I did move to a 6s. So we are all good haha
    Try typing on any other touch screen phone like Galaxy S7 for example which I just sold and you will love how accurate the iPhone SE is compared to them. Offcourse I understand that you are used to a bigger screen keyboard, that's understandable. But for me, switching from the larger Galaxy S7 to the smaller iPhone SE actually made my typing more accurate. There's something so natural about the typing experience I feel like I always get the letters right not having to be super careful like with my S7. Just my 2 cents
    05-10-2016 11:27 AM
    Hey Gang,

After using my new Rose Gold 64G SE I can confirm that it's awesome; it feels great in hands, single-handed operation is a non-issue. I like the screen/colour saturation on it and have never run out of space (large photo library). Now, I simply feel that the 6 Plus was too much of a hardware piece to carry.

SE all the way, if you ask me.

Cheers!
    05-12-2016 11:55 AM
    I went from a 6+ to the SE and I couldn't be happier.

No device is perfect, there are some things the plus does better then the SE, and vice versa.
    Is there anything you miss? Is the FaceTime camera noticeably lower resolution? I don't usually use 3D Touch so I'm wondering if I'll miss anything. The smaller size may be welcome.
    05-13-2016 01:06 PM
    Is there anything you miss? Is the FaceTime camera noticeably lower resolution? I don't usually use 3D Touch so I'm wondering if I'll miss anything. The smaller size may be welcome.
    Not really, the larger size of the plus certainly as some advantages, so when I play some games (though I'm not a huge gamer), and running office apps like Excel. I generally don't run any office apps on my SE, but I tended to on the plus.

Overall, though, the SE, has been everything I hoped it would be. A fast small, very holdable (and pocketable) phone that doesn't get in the way which I felt the plus did.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-13-2016 01:23 PM
    Not really, the larger size of the plus certainly as some advantages, so when I play some games (though I'm not a huge gamer), and running office apps like Excel. I generally don't run any office apps on my SE, but I tended to on the plus.

Overall, though, the SE, has been everything I hoped it would be. A fast small, very holdable (and pocketable) phone that doesn't get in the way which I felt the plus did.
    I'm starting to feel as though the 6s Plus is getting in the way also. I do not like pocketing the huge phone of the Plus and I think I may be happier with the size of the SE. I wonder if the front camera resolution or anything else would be missed... Also, it would suck if Apple came out with a 4-inch iPhone 7. I'm trying to get a consensus about the switch... I want to be happy when I go back to a smaller iPhone.
    05-13-2016 02:02 PM
    I swapped out my 6 Plus for the SE today and I couldn't be happier! I came from the Galaxy S4 and was ready for a phablet at the time. The huge screen was amazing and I thought it was a love that was going to last. But with an infant and a toddler the 6 Plus had become unwieldy and cumbersome to use on the go. I traded it in and got $300 for it. As for the SE, I am a late comer to iPhone and I finally get why there are so many fans of the 4 inch screen. It has taken me less than a day to adjust, and I may come across a few tasks made more difficult by the smaller screen, but for now I am totally satisfied with my trade.
    Where did you trade it in?
    05-13-2016 02:56 PM
    Where did you trade it in?
    At the Apple store. They credited my credit card that I purchased the SE with (bought online with store pickup). I know I could have sold it for at least an extra $150 if I sold it myself, but I just didn't want to deal with the hassle.
    05-13-2016 03:01 PM
    i'm being lurking around trying to decide whether to make the switch as well. I yo-yo between iphones and samsungs. Right now, i'm on the s7; it's intriguing for me to imagine having a 1-handed phone. I started with the iphone 6. I've decided to take the plunge; i bought the iphone se. When i get it, i'll see if i am good with the screen size.
    05-13-2016 03:03 PM
    At the Apple store. They credited my credit card that I purchased the SE with (bought online with store pickup). I know I could have sold it for at least an extra $150 if I sold it myself, but I just didn't want to deal with the hassle.
    I just called the Apple Store and was told that they would probably give me $200-$250 for my 6s Plus... Doesn't seem right. For $300, I would be in your boat and get the SE and pay the difference.
    05-13-2016 03:14 PM
    Try typing on any other touch screen phone like Galaxy S7 for example which I just sold and you will love how accurate the iPhone SE is compared to them. Offcourse I understand that you are used to a bigger screen keyboard, that's understandable. But for me, switching from the larger Galaxy S7 to the smaller iPhone SE actually made my typing more accurate. There's something so natural about the typing experience I feel like I always get the letters right not having to be super careful like with my S7. Just my 2 cents
    Haha....this is so me. I have a samsung s7 right now, and you won't believe how many errors i get when typing. I decided to go ahead and get the iphone se today, can't wait to have it in my hands.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    05-13-2016 03:17 PM
    I just called the Apple Store and was told that they would probably give me $200-$250 for my 6s Plus... Doesn't seem right. For $300, I would be in your boat and get the SE and pay the difference.
    That doesn't seem right. So I used this link to get my quote https://reuserecycle.abbti.brightsta...phonehome.aspx

They barely even looked at it at the store, didn't test it out or anything. I would imagine the 6S Plus would definitely worth at least $300.
    05-13-2016 03:22 PM
    That doesn't seem right. So I used this link to get my quote https://reuserecycle.abbti.brightsta...phonehome.aspx

They barely even looked at it at the store, didn't test it out or anything. I would imagine the 6S Plus would definitely worth at least $300.
    That link shows me $300 for an iPhone 6 Plus with the same specs as mine. I have a 6s Plus. Should definitely be worth more I would think.
    05-13-2016 03:32 PM
86 1234