I really like the SE, but

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I love the polished edges on the 5s. They just seem to make the phone sparkle. I think it's why the 5s is my favorite design yet. I'm on the fence, I do like the screen size of my 6s, but I really like the SE.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I agree. Love the polished edges on the 5s. I also really like the matte finish on my SE.

5s/SE is by far my favorite iPhone design of all time! This is why I'm rocking the SE now!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If I could keep the size and all the extras of my 6s while looking exactly like the SE I would be a happy camper.

Even happier if I could find a case that had the look of the SE.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
If I could keep the size and all the extras of my 6s while looking exactly like the SE I would be a happy camper.

My thoughts exactly! I think the size of my 6s is perfect for me. But the look of the 5s is just outstanding.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Get the SE. You won't be sorry.
The only thing holding me back is the screen size specifically the keyboard. I had such a hard time typing on it. And of course the screen size on the 6s is nice without being too unmanageable. I can still one hand it

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I was in the Apple Store today and I played with the SE and I just can't do it. It's so small to me now that I've so used to the 6S. It's a great looking phone but the size just isn't for me at all.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I see a couple people mention the matte edges...does it really change the feel of the phone as opposed to the polished edges on the 5S?

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I see a couple people mention the matte edges...does it really change the feel of the phone as opposed to the polished edges on the 5S?
Nope it's totally cosmetic. Look at pictures of the 5s, (especially the space gray version) it just looks like it's got that little something extra. Makes it pop.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I guess everyone is different. I absolutely prefer the matte finish over the polished finish.

I am going to have to agree here. Don't get me wrong, those polished edges were awesome, but after seeing the Painted matte edges, I love it.
I can't wait to get this phone. Soon.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It's the best designed iPhone  ever made

Love my SE and plan on keeping my 5s resting next to my Palm Pre 2

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
It's the best designed iPhone  ever made

Love my SE and plan on keeping my 5s resting next to my Palm Pre 2
Indeed, to me its a classic design. While the plus that I had was a nice phone, it was just too big for my day to day usage. The SE with its wonderful design is better suited for my needs

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I am going to have to agree here. Don't get me wrong, those polished edges were awesome, but after seeing the Painted matte edges, I love it.
I can't wait to get this phone. Soon.

Another thing, when I used my 5S it was primarily without a case. So that polish had some wear on it. The way they are now, the phone would look great all the time.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

Well, tbh the screen to front ratio of the SE is quite worse than the 6/6S series... A 4.7" iPhone SE would be huge.

Btw I love the design of the iPhone SE, for sure

CPR

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Morphed from a BB Q!0; couple of observations:
Will NOT show text messages, or emails, on my Acura Navigation screen; kind of weird, 'cause my my old phone did
According to Apple, only cars with Apple Play, can do this
The only Acura with Apple Play, is the NSX, which costs $200K!
You can't email ITunes songs from your phone
Email, & text attachments are backwards; 1st go to picture or document, then send
Can't create a Ringtone, from your ITunes, on the phone; you have to purchase one for $1.29; I have 3,000 ITunes!
Other than that, LOVE this phone
Great browsers; battery life, Bluetooth, WiFi calling, and APPS, APPS, & more APPS, that WORK!:)

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Morphed from a BB Q!0; couple of observations:
Will NOT show text messages, or emails, on my Acura Navigation screen; kind of weird, 'cause my my old phone did
According to Apple, only cars with Apple Play, can do this
The only Acura with Apple Play, is the NSX, which costs $200K!
You can't email ITunes songs from your phone
Email, & text attachments are backwards; 1st go to picture or document, then send
Can't create a Ringtone, from your ITunes, on the phone; you have to purchase one for $1.29; I have 3,000 ITunes!
Other than that, LOVE this phone
Great browsers; battery life, Bluetooth, WiFi calling, and APPS, APPS, & more APPS, that WORK!:)

There's a way to create a ringtone: How to create ringtones for your iPhone using iTunes

This is old, but I'm pretty sure it will still work.

Also check these out too: How To Make Any Song Your iPhone Ringtone How to Create a Free iPhone Ringtone Using a Song in iTunes

Those are a little more recent.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77