Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 147
Like Tree166Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Peter2015's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

    Default Iphone SE Battery life

    Hello everyone.

    First of all congrats with your new Iphone SE purchase! I preordered mine but it won't be arriving until April 18. So I am using this time to gather more info about this phone in particular the battery life. I don't like big phones and my s6 battery sucks so I'm really looking forward to getting SE. For those who already got the phone and had a chance to play with it please reply with your battery usage in this thread. It would be greately appreciated! Thank you!
  2. #2  
    Optimus82's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter2015 View Post
    Hello everyone.

    First of all congrats with your new Iphone SE purchase! I preordered mine but it won't be arriving until April 18. So I am using this time to gather more info about this phone in particular the battery life. I don't like big phones and my s6 battery sucks so I'm really looking forward to getting SE. For those who already got the phone and had a chance to play with it please reply with your battery usage in this thread. It would be greately appreciated! Thank you!
    whoa whoa april 18th?! I hope you didnt order from tmobile? 64gb? please say no.
    libra89 likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Peter2015's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    lol no, i ordered it unlocked straight from apple.com. unfortunately space gray seems to be insanely popular so my emails says "deliver April 15-20" lol
  4. #4  
    MaxSmarties's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    579 Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    I bet it will arrive before that date....
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    Peter2015's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    i sure hope so lol
  6. #6  
    MaxSmarties's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    579 Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter2015 View Post
    i sure hope so lol
    They are quite conservative about shipping estimates
    Peter2015 likes this.
  7. #7  
    bchain996's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    not too bad!
  8. #8  
    MaxSmarties's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    579 Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    Well.... You forgot to show us the total usage time
    libra89 likes this.
  9. #9  
    rubenoso's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    I am really hoping to see more real world battery life comparison.
  10. #10  
    blocks992's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    So far, very very impressed with the battery life.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SE1.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	104601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SE2.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	104602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SE3.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	104603
    Peter2015 likes this.
  11. #11  
    Robert Shouse's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    36 Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    13 hours and around 51%
    mumfoau, Peter2015 and libra89 like this.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    Peter2015's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by blocks992 View Post
    So far, very very impressed with the battery life
    Nice! thats some serious usage right here! my 6s would make only half of that before dying.
  13. #13  
    blocks992's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter2015 View Post
    Nice! thats some serious usage right here! my 6s would make only half of that before dying.
    Here is where I finished for the day;

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SE5.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	104614

    Hopefully this kind of battery life will continue. Definitely the best phone I have used in terms of battery life.
  14. #14  
    Lefty724's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,136 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    I unplugged at 6:45am this morning, used it as normal throughout the day and am sitting at 52% now at 5:50pm.

    I was using Tapatalk a lot today and checking in here so that was the biggest drain. I know it takes a week or so for the battery to settle in, so we'll see.
  15. #15  
    keity's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter2015 View Post
    lol no, i ordered it unlocked straight from apple.com. unfortunately space gray seems to be insanely popular so my emails says "deliver April 15-20" lol
    Do you need to pay any charge to unlock your phone?
  16. #16  
    keity's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    iPhone SE is totally new to me. I am experienced using iPhone SE. Just reading this thread to get positive info about it.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    Peter2015's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by blocks992 View Post
    Here is where I finished for the day;

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SE5.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	104614

    Hopefully this kind of battery life will continue. Definitely the best phone I have used in terms of battery life.
    Thank you for the screenshots! This is exactly what I was hoping for. Can't wait for my iphone...
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    Peter2015's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by keity View Post
    Do you need to pay any charge to unlock your phone?
    No you don't need to pay for that. It is a sim free phone not tied to any carrier you can use it pretty much anywhere in any country.
    Basically you pay a full price for the phone without carrier subsidy.
    libra89 likes this.
  19. #19  
    MaxSmarties's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    579 Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    8 hours of usage, if not "cheated " by music listening, are a very good result. Indeed.
  20. #20  
    Guillin's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    After two full days of using the device I'm loving the battery life. It's been off charge since 8am, it's now 11pm. Battery is at 9% with 7hrs of screen time. (This also included 2 hours of music, constant WhatsApp all day due to work, 40 mins of Netflix and regular Twitter/Discord checks)

    Loving it so far!
  21. #21  
    got556's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillin View Post
    After two full days of using the device I'm loving the battery life. It's been off charge since 8am, it's now 11pm. Battery is at 9% with 7hrs of screen time. (This also included 2 hours of music, constant WhatsApp all day due to work, 40 mins of Netflix and regular Twitter/Discord checks)

    Loving it so far!
    Exactly what I was hoping would prove true with the SE. Can't wait to get my Space Gray unlocked 64gb in. Wish they offered 128 but oh well.
  22. #22  
    blocks992's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    Here are my final stats for yesterday : day 3

    I was on the phone a lot.. testing things out, like find my friends, messaging a lot (iMessage & whatsapp) and on safari for a couple of hours. No music playback.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0472.PNG 
Views:	92 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	104675
  23. #23  
    JanuarJaguar's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    Looks like this is a real winner, regarding battery life.
    Just wondering, if it's achieved by staying connected to a stable wifi network or a reliable 4G/LTE network?
    My 5S does an excellent job when on wifi (web browsing/reading/a little bit of foruming/using Instagram/few phone calls), and screen on time is ranging between 6 to 7 and half hours of use (not constant usage).
    On 4G, screen on time gets reduced.

    Enjoy your new devices, everyone.
    libra89 likes this.
  24. #24  
    MaxSmarties's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    579 Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    A very great product so far....
    JanuarJaguar, libra89 and eckl like this.
  25. #25  
    blocks992's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

    Default Re: Iphone SE Battery life

    Quote Originally Posted by JanuarJaguar View Post
    Looks like this is a real winner, regarding battery life.
    Just wondering, if it's achieved by staying connected to a stable wifi network or a reliable 4G/LTE network?


    Enjoy your new devices, everyone.
    My stats for day 3 were achieved using a stable wifi connection. But on day 1/2 I achieved a similar usage using a stable 4G/LTE connection for approx 9 hours with the rest using wifi.

    From what I can tell, using LTE has little affect on battery compared to wifi.

    All in all, this phone wins using both
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Got my SE Today
    By Robster33 in forum iPhone SE
    Replies: 297
    Last Post: 01-19-2017, 08:48 AM
  2. About the iphone SE
    By dandrick1 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2016, 08:04 PM
  3. Why can't I connect my iPhone 6 plus to bluetooth?
    By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6 Plus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2016, 01:20 PM
  4. iPhone SE camera shootout does the pocket-sized still pack a punch?
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2016, 09:30 AM
  5. How do I unlock my iPhone 2g using Jailbreak?
    By iMore Question in forum iPhone 2G Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2016, 09:04 AM

Posting Permissions