Iphone SE Battery life

JP_Arg

May 12, 2016
Visit site
These are my result of today. I got my Iphone SE last Friday.
I unplugged my phone Wednesday at around 11:00 pm (battery had around 85% of charge) and as you can see it's Friday, 1:00 AM.
IMG_0113.png
IMG_0114.png

Pretty stocked !!

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

I think the consensus seems to be that if you leave the charger in the morning and use the device quite extensively with location on (set to "while using the app"), and use it extensively you should be able to wake up next morning with 15 - 30% left.

That is awesome battery life for a 2016 4-inch device, no matter the platform.

Cheers!

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I think the consensus seems to be that if you leave the charger in the morning and use the device quite extensively with location on (set to "while using the app"), and use it extensively you should be able to wake up next morning with 15 - 30% left.

That is awesome battery life for a 2016 4-inch device, no matter the platform.

Cheers!

I'm a light user and I get 2-3 days of battery life consistently! loving it so much as I hate having to charge it all the time like I did with my previous Galaxy S7. I had to charge that phone twice due to its horrible standby time after I installed all my apps. Even with Marshmallow's power saving feature to make apps sleep, it's a useless gimmick.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm a light user and I get 2-3 days of battery life consistently! loving it so much as I hate having to charge it all the time like I did with my previous Galaxy S7. I had to charge that phone twice due to its horrible standby time after I installed all my apps. Even with Marshmallow's power saving feature to make apps sleep, it's a useless gimmick.

I can totally understand this. Trying out the Nextbit Robin and I am really liking it. More than I liked the Nexus 5x actually. Anyway, I am missing the battery life of the iPhone SE so much. It's been three nights and I have had to put it on the charger every night. The SE on the other hand, I always get a day and some, even if I am streaming music.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

rave264

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
This is a screenshot of my battery usage. Soooo different from my Samsung s7, just look at that standby time. This is the kind of battery life I'm looking for, I charge it every 2 days. And the battery is not completely drained yet!!!!

IMG_0006.PNG

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Not having to charge every day is the best, I think people really underestimate how nice that is.

man I just fully charged my phone, then put it into low power mode and went to sleep for about 7 hours. I woke up and the battery life was still 98%! Wifi was off as well but this is like seriously awesome!

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
man I just fully charged my phone, then put it into low power mode and went to sleep for about 7 hours. I woke up and the battery life was still 98%! Wifi was off as well but this is like seriously awesome!

Wow! That's very clever, I'll like to try that. That's awesome! That's unheard of to have that happen on a phone!!

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow! That's very clever, I'll like to try that. That's awesome! That's unheard of to have that happen on a phone!!

indeed man, turn off background refresh for all apps except the ones you really need like maybe whatsapp or any other chat app, then turn on battery saver mode which by the way, didn't affect me negatively I still got my emails through the Gmail app itself. and watch the magic

PS: I have the TSMC CPU though not the Samsung battery sucking CPU. Check your CPU using Lirum Device Info app

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site

now on day 2 in the power saving (low power mode), made a 30 min phone call yesterday and a little bit of web browsing and some 4 app updates, battery life still @ 64%

eckl

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
indeed man, turn off background refresh for all apps except the ones you really need like maybe whatsapp or any other chat app, then turn on battery saver mode which by the way, didn't affect me negatively I still got my emails through the Gmail app itself. and watch the magic

PS: I have the TSMC CPU though not the Samsung battery sucking CPU. Check your CPU using Lirum Device Info app

Hi. Can you share how to identify using the app? Thanks

wtl

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I took my iPhone SE off the charger 5 hours and 15 minutes ago, and it's still at 100 percent. I've only used it for 15 minutes so far, but I don't recall a phone ever keeping a 100% charge this long in standby even. This is NOT low power mode either.

I do have an Exchange account set for push. I disabled all iCloud sync except for Keychain and Find My iPhone. I uninstalled Facebook which was draining way too much battery even with background refresh disabled. (I have a Facebook Safari shortcut icon there now and it works just as well.) I turned off background refresh for everything except for 4 apps for which I really want real time notifications.

I've been away from iPhone for several years now, mainly because I wasn't impressed by signal strength. I just bought an iPhone SE (because of reports of battery life) and a Moto X Pure to see which I would like better and keep. I really want to keep the Moto for the screen, but the SE battery life is probably going to win me over. Looks like I might have to try the plus size when the iPhone 7 comes out.

4l3

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I bought my iphone se on saturday and activated it on sunday right after getting the new sim. It was at 86% and charged it at 10% at 11pm, but considering I set it up as a new phone and downloaded all the apps i needed, it seemed reasonable. However, I have been noticing some major problems with my battery when listening to music, do you have any clue at what might the problem be?
Mind you I updated through itunes sunday night because it came with ios 9.3.1

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

(I'm attaching my battery info)

Attachments

• IMG_0311.PNG
    IMG_0311.PNG
    140 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0312.PNG
    IMG_0312.PNG
    116 KB · Views: 27

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I bought my iphone se on saturday and activated it on sunday right after getting the new sim. It was at 86% and charged it at 10% at 11pm, but considering I set it up as a new phone and downloaded all the apps i needed, it seemed reasonable. However, I have been noticing some major problems with my battery when listening to music, do you have any clue at what might the problem be?
Mind you I updated through itunes sunday night because it came with ios 9.3.1

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

(I'm attaching my battery info)

try turning on low power mode right after you plug it off the charger when it is @100% and see the magic, everything works fine, I get my emails through the Gmail app just fine, yet, my battery lasts 3 days easily

Also, turn off location and background data refresh for all the apps that you don't really need to have background refresh. I only keep whatsapp with background data refresh and the Gmail app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner