Got my SE Today

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I just got my SE this afternoon, two days earlier than expected. Sheesh, it's taking forever for my apps to install! I had trouble setting it up because iTunes was being erratic with me. It finally took, but the apps are taking forever regardless. I have 95 apps and so far, only 61 have installed (I've been doing this since mid afternoon, lol).

I'm really interested in comparing battery life on the SE vs battery life on my 6s. Should be interesting...

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I just got my SE this afternoon, two days earlier than expected. Sheesh, it's taking forever for my apps to install! I had trouble setting it up because iTunes was being erratic with me. It finally took, but the apps are taking forever regardless. I have 95 apps and so far, only 61 have installed (I've been doing this since mid afternoon, lol).

I'm really interested in comparing battery life on the SE vs battery life on my 6s. Should be interesting...

Congrats! Let us know how that goes for you if you can

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Congrats! Let us know how that goes for you if you can

Battery was still 100% this morning after I'd charged it yesterday and removed the charger around 10:45 last night. Impressive! I ended up taking my iPhone 6s to the Apple Store this morning for the battery replacement and came back home after 1:30 this afternoon with the SE's battery at 89%. Not too shabby at all. I have to admit, I definitely prefer the form factor and size of the 6s, though. I restored that this afternoon. Took a LOT faster than with the SE yesterday, and I mean A LOT (like minutes versus the hours it took all the apps to install on the SE yesterday).

I'm glad I got the SE. It's a nice little phone and very zippy.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Battery was still 100% this morning after I'd charged it yesterday and removed the charger around 10:45 last night. Impressive! I ended up taking my iPhone 6s to the Apple Store this morning for the battery replacement and came back home after 1:30 this afternoon with the SE's battery at 89%. Not too shabby at all. I have to admit, I definitely prefer the form factor and size of the 6s, though. I restored that this afternoon. Took a LOT faster than with the SE yesterday, and I mean A LOT (like minutes versus the hours it took all the apps to install on the SE yesterday).

For a brand new, "un-aclimatized" battery, with a lot going on in the background in the first couple of days (busy indexing of spotlight search for one), battery life sounds excellent.
I too have a 6s and used to feel SE a bit cramped at times but I consider it a different category of phone. But if I have to choose one over the other I will probably take an SE. It's the "phone" that is supposed to be.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Yay! I'm so glad to hear this!! Thanks for sharing your experience so far with us.

maj71303

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Got an iPhone SE 64GB in two days ago and I think this is the iPhone for me. Small and easy to conceal. tired of big phones and just want something really easy to just slip in my pocket and go.

Bernardo83

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
To libra89, thx u very much :)
What inspired me is I got tired of big phone & android os is slow. The color of my iphone is space gray.
To impaler, my mistake on iphone 2. U r rite, it was iphone 3G.

DocGo

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Got my space grey 128GB SE today. This will be my weekend/night-out/gym buddy instead of my jet black 256GB iP7. I really love the small SE and am glad Apple finally released a 128GB version.

redbirdsfan

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
f20acf9dbd949afabc8bfdc956d75f0a.jpg

128GB SE

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
I am now about two weeks into the SE and I am going bananas. I just can't do anything with this phone. It is just too small.

I get get my hands on a 7+ and I am stuck with it for a little while longer.

If you want a 4inch screen, this is the best phone around. But in today's world size truly matters.

I'm the complete opposite lol. I switched from a Galaxy Note 4 (5.7" screen) to my new SE - also 2 weeks ago - and the change in size is nice. Everyone has their own taste and needs in smartphones, and the size of the phablet was irritating to me. The SE fits in pockets and it's easy to operate one-handed.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Apple does this strange thing with battery % indicators on their Macs and iPhones. Macs and iPhones will show the battery as being 100% for an incredibly long time when in reality, that % indicator will only change from 100% once the battery is actually down to around 98%and sometimes even 96%.

I discovered this on two of my jailbroken iPhones and installing apps that show the batterys actual battery %. They would always differ then what my phone was always showing.

Also, when the battery reaches 100% while charging, the battery is not actually at 100% yet until it is on the charger for about another 30 minutes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice