Got my SE Today

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Switched from my iPhone 6 to an iPhone SE. Gotta admit , when I was purchasing a phone 2 years ago I should've went with my gut and got the iPhone 5S but they didn't have the color/capacity I wanted; so I settled for the iPhone 6.

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, just received my SE today this is my first I Phone, as a long time Blackberry user I thought it was time to try an I Phone and much (Time to get an I Phone) from my two Granddaughters both I Phone users, I went for the SE because of the compact size as my phones have been around 4" and decided on a SE 64GB in Space Grey, time to set it up and learn all about I Phone.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just received my SE today this is my first I Phone, as a long time Blackberry user I thought it was time to try an I Phone and much (Time to get an I Phone) from my two Granddaughters both I Phone users, I went for the SE because of the compact size as my phones have been around 4" and decided on a SE 64GB in Space Grey, time to set it up and learn all about I Phone.

Fancy seeing you here. Post often sir.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I have had a love/hate relationship with me SE. I bought it 3 times and returned it twice. I now vowed to keep it, but found myself switching back and forth with my 6S+ almost daily. Now my daughters 6 broke and I had to give her a phone and I gave her my 6S+. I am now going solo with the SE and after two days that I find the call quality better than my 6S+ and the battery lasts forever. Part of the battery advantage is due to the fact that the small screen is keeping me from using the phone as much and I am treating it like a phone and not a small computer.

I like it, I find myself not wasting as much time goofing around on the phone and the small size is like not even carrying anything.at all.

I said I was not going to get the 7 or 7+ because my 6S+ was in perfect shape and running great, but now I will see I feel the same way after rolling with the SE for a few weeks.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I have had a love/hate relationship with me SE. I bought it 3 times and returned it twice. I now vowed to keep it, but found myself switching back and forth with my 6S+ almost daily. Now my daughters 6 broke and I had to give her a phone and I gave her my 6S+. I am now going solo with the SE and after two days that I find the call quality better than my 6S+ and the battery lasts forever. Part of the battery advantage is due to the fact that the small screen is keeping me from using the phone as much and I am treating it like a phone and not a small computer.

I like it, I find myself not wasting as much time goofing around on the phone and the small size is like not even carrying anything.at all.

I said I was not going to get the 7 or 7+ because my 6S+ was in perfect shape and running great, but now I will see I feel the same way after rolling with the SE for a few weeks.

I'm so curious about how this will go for you since you don't have the 6S+ to go back to. The size of the SE is awesome. I'm missing the size of it enough to think about it.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm so curious about how this will go for you since you don't have the 6S+ to go back to. The size of the SE is awesome. I'm missing the size of it enough to think about it.

It isn't going well!! LOL... I am finding out that I relied on my 6S+ more than I thought. I am finding myself having to break out my Ipad and MacBook more often and it is starting to irk me.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
It isn't going well!! LOL... I am finding out that I relied on my 6S+ more than I thought. I am finding myself having to break out my Ipad and MacBook more often and it is starting to irk me.
Ahh that's hard. Interesting that you mention that about the MacBook and iPad, since some see that as a pro.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Ahh that's hard. Interesting that you mention that about the MacBook and iPad, since some see that as a pro.
It may just be a learning curve and my aging eyes. The size is great, you hardly know that it is in your pocket and battery concerns are no longer an issue.

I work in an office most of the time and being near a computer is not usually a problem, so maybe I just have to adjust my habits.

I am doing a walk-a-thon today and having the SE in my pocket for 13 miles I going to be a pleasure.

Maybe being forced to use the SE for a extended period is giving me a true picture of how it fits into my life and if it should be my daily driver. If not, I can say finally that I gave it a good shot.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am now about two weeks into the SE and I am going bananas. I just can't do anything with this phone. It is just too small.

I get get my hands on a 7+ and I am stuck with it for a little while longer.

If you want a 4inch screen, this is the best phone around. But in today's world size truly matters.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I am now about two weeks into the SE and I am going bananas. I just can't do anything with this phone. It is just too small.

I get get my hands on a 7+ and I am stuck with it for a little while longer.

If you want a 4inch screen, this is the best phone around. But in today's world size truly matters.
Aw okay. At least you gave it a try though! This time, you can really say that it's not for you.

I agree with you on the fact that size matters, and in your case and many others, it swings either way. My main phone is the Honor 8, which is great. However, I do wish a lot that it was smaller, even though I barely have issues using it one handed. I always find myself wishing that whatever phone I have, was just a little smaller, the SE is excluded of course.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I do feel bad about it. It is so well built and it is great to carry around and the battery is so good. I just need more screen real estate. I hope they continue the line of 4 inch screens in the future. I think that for many people it is perfect. They did manage to squeeze a lot of quality in a small amount of space

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just came from lumia 950xl. Got really bored from gigantic phones. Only the last months i have used nexus 6p, lgg5, galaxy s7 edge and lumia 950xl. I took the step to buy iphone se silver 64gb! Its the best phone i had the last 3 years!!! Good Job Apple!!!!:cool:

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
it's worthing upgrade to ios 10 or it's better remain on 9.3.2?
I read there was a bug on 9.3.2 on SE that got fixed with 9.3.3. is this info correct?
I was on 9.3.3 for a while and everything was just fine for me. Since it is all or none right now, I would suggest that you should stay on that unless you really want to try iOS 10.

anon(7908611)

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I was on 9.3.3 for a while and everything was just fine for me. Since it is all or none right now, I would suggest that you should stay on that unless you really want to try iOS 10.

yes but i can't upgrade anymore to 9.3.3. 9.3.2. is buggy on SE? I remember I read there was a bug on 9.3.2 with SE

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
yes but i can't upgrade anymore to 9.3.3. 9.3.2. is buggy on SE? I remember I read there was a bug on 9.3.2 with SE
If you are willing to do it, you can update to iOS 10, try it and then if you don't like it, downgrade to 9.3.5. that's the only iOS 9 available.

I can message you on how to do that (the downgrade) if you'll like me to.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
you are on 10 now? battery is worse than 9.3.2?
I was on iOS 10 before. The battery is slightly worse, but not by much. My cellular connectivity sucked though, so I went back to 9.3.5.

You can't go directly to 9.3.5 without going to iOS 10 first.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen