Got my SE Today

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
can anyone please tell if their screen has blueish or yellowish tint? my current iphone 6s has a dark, yellowish type of display and is almost zero visibility on direct sunlight :( unlike my former iphone 5 which had blueish tint and that was the best screen
thanks!

I am not totally certain but the yellowish tint will go away and the screen will become clearer (whiter) over time. I say this because my older phones (4s and 5s) have nice white (blueish?) screen, while my new SE and (a 6s I used to have) definitely have yellowish tint that makes screen a bi darker. It also has something to do with my screen brightness setting very low usually. But I set other phone at a similar brightness setting and still looks whiter.

AnnaKurkowa

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I also bought my iPhone SE today and I really love the classy design of the phone. I honestly hate the design of the 6 and 6s when it comes to the back and that's why I was never really happy with the 6s in terms of looks. The SE is nice to use one handed and that's what I really missed so much. It's also more practical during the day. Since I am mostly typing or sending sound messages and a little bit of news the SE in enough. The only downgrade I see coming from the 6s is the worse front camera and the resolution of the screen. Sure it's also good because it's small but I still see a difference compared to the 6s. I really wish apple would have made a sharper display with newer front camera than this phone would have been perfect.
I honestly also have to get used to the smaller screen since I owned an 6 plus and after a 6s and now the SE. When it comes to battery for now it seems great but I have to test this for a few days since its just the first day of use.

rinsect2000

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Does not matter what color you want. Could not find an SE in local store or Apple store. I ordered from Apple online, delivery 2 to 6 weeks. Done. I am getting Rose Gold. Not sure I like the white face so I ordered Black Titanium skin for the white front from dbrand skin. It is 3M skin, many colors. Many configurations for the SE. The site is great, you select which color phone you have, and start trying different colors and configurations. I only ordered for the front. Looks great! As for manly? I am comfortable in my manhood. I'll order any color I want. Enjoy.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
can anyone please tell if their screen has blueish or yellowish tint? my current iphone 6s has a dark, yellowish type of display and is almost zero visibility on direct sunlight :( unlike my former iphone 5 which had blueish tint and that was the best screen
thanks!
contrast ratio and reflectance of the iPhone 6S are far better than iPhone 5, so you should have your iPhone checked by Apple. It clearly is defective.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Got my 64 gig SE today at a BestBuy in Ohio. Posed this question in another thread, may be better to ask here....as you can see, my red leather Apple case is getting pretty haggard. I heard the newest leather cases are different? Anyone care to explain how they differ? Thanks! Love my SE!!!

image1.JPG

Peter2015

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
contrast ratio and reflectance of the iPhone 6S are far better than iPhone 5, so you should have your iPhone checked by Apple. It clearly is defective.
It didn't look defective indoors or in direct sunlight. But that's not important anymore, got my SE on Friday and sold 6S on ebay yesterday! :) Display on SE looks way better than on 6S. Finally I can hold and operate my phone with one hand. Just like old times! :)

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Got my 64 gig SE today at a BestBuy in Ohio. Posed this question in another thread, may be better to ask here....as you can see, my red leather Apple case is getting pretty haggard. I heard the newest leather cases are different? Anyone care to explain how they differ? Thanks! Love my SE!!!

View attachment 105382
According to my experience they are not different.
Just buy the black one.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Apple need to get their act together on the bluetooth distortion problem, its a safety issue for drivers, they can't just leave people hanging, if they can't fix it with a software update they need to start the re call. Its a month now. This threads now up to 21 pages.
Maybe they will wait till someone out of frustration of not hearing the caller picks up their phone and kills themselves or someone else.
This is why we need/use bluetooth APPLE.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7521352?start=0&tstart=0

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not totally certain but the yellowish tint will go away and the screen will become clearer (whiter) over time. I say this because my older phones (4s and 5s) have nice white (blueish?) screen, while my new SE and (a 6s I used to have) definitely have yellowish tint that makes screen a bi darker. It also has something to do with my screen brightness setting very low usually. But I set other phone at a similar brightness setting and still looks whiter.

This was the case at one point, definitely. Can't remember which model it was, but had something to do with the adhesives if I remember right.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 105382

They're different, but from everything I read not much better. If you like the red (which looks SHARP on the space grey phone), I'd get the silicone. I was hesitant about silicone but find that I really like them now.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
This was the case at one point, definitely. Can't remember which model it was, but had something to do with the adhesives if I remember right.

Ah, yes, that's the one!
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the adhesive used behind the screen has to be cured, during which it shows the yellowish tint.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox