Got my SE Today

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I have the Apple leather case on now with a glass screen protector.

It just doesn't feel premium or like it has enough protection?

Like I've said before, I have issues.
I think you have the right combination here: Apple case + glass screen protector.
I can't comment about your feelings, but I can assure Apple leather case offers a good protection against drops and scratches (from direct experience)

sjohnvivian

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Ya man, I love my SE!

My problem now is trying to find a case I like? I've gone thru about 6 cases in a week and am still rocking it naked lol.

I know, I almost don't want to mask it's iconic good looks. And I like that the chamfered edges are now matted. Makes it look more sleek to me. I ordered a leather pouch from Sena Cases as well for the days I want to rock it naked but still have some form of scratch resistance while I tote it around.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I think you have the right combination here: Apple case + glass screen protector.
I can't comment about your feelings, but I can assure Apple leather case offers a good protection against drops and scratches (from direct experience)

So the Apple case is good with absorbing shock? I wish it had more colors though.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
... but I prefer the SE monicker

So do I! Gives it a more unique aspect ;) .... makes you wonder if SE is an hommage back to old Apple times when they had "SE" models on the Mac.... Or perhaps it's "Steve Edition"... as I think the 5/5S/SE form factor was the design Steve had a hand in... ???

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
So far they only have black and blue leather cases at the Apple Store. I went to Amazon and bought a cheap knockoff since I really wanted saddle brown.

This is my second day using it, and so far I like it. I've ordered a few more cases since I want a little more protection.

PedroRG

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Apple used to sell its leather cases in 5 different colors when the 5S launched, if I remember correctly. But except for the black, all the other cases with lighter colors received lots of complaints because the leather picked up stains very quickly.
Regarding protection against shock, I found this video on YouTube where the Apple leather case for the iPhone 5S (as well as two others) were tested for drops. The iPhone 5S screen broke only after falling from an excessive height.
https://youtu.be/TWZpAr0S4Ik
The iPhone 5S leather case is the exact same case as the one sold for the iPhone SE.

got556

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Got my SE in earlier and put 9.3.1 on it, installed my tempered glass screen protector and Magpul Urban Gray field case, straight out of the box. Love this phone. Love love love this phone.

Last edited:

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Apple used to sell its leather cases in 5 different colors when the 5S launched, if I remember correctly. But except for the black, all the other cases with lighter colors received lots of complaints because the leather picked up stains very quickly.
Regarding protection against shock, I found this video on YouTube where the Apple leather case for the iPhone 5S (as well as two others) were tested for drops. The iPhone 5S screen broke only after falling from an excessive height.
https://youtu.be/TWZpAr0S4Ik

The iPhone 5S leather case is the exact same case as the one sold for the iPhone SE.

Its always been the case only the black leather is worth buying, and you don't but them for drop protection. The new black SE case is a really nice slim fitting case, better than the old 5S ones and the 6S ones.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Its always been the case only the black leather is worth buying, and you don't but them for drop protection. The new black SE case is a really nice slim fitting case, better than the old 5S ones and the 6S ones.

Agreed - just received my black SE leather case last night... It's awesome feeling. Protrudes just enough that you can lay the phone screen down without issue. It's nice to the touch. Fits great. And you can see the bevel edge still, so looks classy. Glad I got it.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
is it any different from the "old" 5S leather ? How ? :huh:

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
is it any different from the "old" 5S leather ? How ? :huh:

Apple has updated the material very subtly for their leather cases since the 6s came out. It is now 'European leather' and it has a coarser texture.
This applies to the latest SE leather cases but not previous 5s ones.

hhh2016

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I've really loved my SE so far. Sure, the screen is smaller, so you have to retrain yourself on the more cramped keyboard, but everything else has been a delight. The size is much better in my pocket, and its easier to hold (with actual edges). My 6s was very slippery, and most cases made it huge. The best part is, my SE is just as fast or faster than my 6s. I noticed that Apple Pay is much faster, even with the slightly slower Touch ID sensor.

How about the front facing camera? Worse than 6s right?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh