Got my SE Today

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The SE is 's cutting edge device in a small package. Kinda like when they came out with the iPad Mini

The Mini was more like the 5c equivalent with the slightly lower processor (MIni had A5, while the full size had A6X). 5c had the A6 with the 5s using the newer A7.

The SE truly is on the same level processor-wise as the latest phones, not a step behind as we've seen Apple do in the past with the "cheaper" models. I would think based on size and/or engineering they compromised on a few minor things (front facing camera, force touch, previous gen Touch ID) but overall they really did cram a 6s into the 5s body :) Nobody should feel like they're using a "lesser" phone with the SE like they may have with the 5c which should help them move off the shelves!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My motto is you can never have enough storage. Probably due to do owning old 20 MB hard drive computers back in the day
Exactly. I'd rather have more than enough than I need vs having to think "I don't have enough space to do an iOS update!" and have to delete stuff.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
To each there own

My brother is similar he's still using an iPhone 4s with 8GB of storage. He has only two apps. No games doesn't take photos. I told him why didn't you just keep your flip phone

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
To each there own

My brother is similar he's still using an iPhone 4s with 8GB of storage. He has only two apps. No games doesn't take photos. I told him why didn't you just keep your flip phone

Lol.
I agree with you though on everyone being different. We are all right, in knowing our own habits. For me, getting extra storage would be money wasted for what I use. For you, it would be a waste to get a device with 16gb storage. I'm just glad that we all have options. I don't micromanage my phone because of the storage, it's just something that I do in general with my technology, even my computer.

Also before I "arrived" on the SE, I was trying so many phones (windows phone, android, ios, so one can say that I tried them all!) and it gets tiring to use your time searching for apps that you don't even use with all of these phones.

idrewpage

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I've really loved my SE so far. Sure, the screen is smaller, so you have to retrain yourself on the more cramped keyboard, but everything else has been a delight. The size is much better in my pocket, and its easier to hold (with actual edges). My 6s was very slippery, and most cases made it huge. The best part is, my SE is just as fast or faster than my 6s. I noticed that Apple Pay is much faster, even with the slightly slower Touch ID sensor.

california governor

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Picked up an SE today... couldn't resist. Space Gray 64GB. I even traded in a old iPhone 5, for $100 credit. I loved that space black, and wish Apple would have stuck with it, but otherwise, the SE feels like an old friend. :)

Apple Store was out of SIM free models, but they had a T-mobile one that I could buy as "device only". Popped out the T-mo SIM right away and put my current AT&T SIM from my 6S+ and activated the phone that way. Should in theory be unlocked.

So now to figure what to do with my 6S+... :p

Ebay will be glad to help with disposal :)

got556

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Ugh mine gets here Thursday. My magpul case and tempered glass screen protector get here today. Space Gray 64GB. I don't know how you 16GB people do it...not to mention that not so convenient bug that rears its ugly head every so often where "other" space is taking up NUMEROUS GB's on your iDevice...

Still debating if I will go back to trying to use a tablet such as an iPad or what not, but honestly every time I have owned any kind of tablet I just find myself using my PC laptop or Macbook more. Also debating whether I want to keep my Note 5 or not, but having two phones is too much of a hassle, as I've found in the past.

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Preordered and got mine (finally) today. 64gb Grey and my wife has a 64gb Rose Gold.

This phone is amazing! Way fast and it's still restoring my photos!!!

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
A 64gb is another $150 more here in Aus v the 16gb which is a bit less than a 1/4 of the phone cost outright, and unless you pre ordered you can't get one now anyway, in my town there was 3 places with 16gb and only 1 would sell outright, and i didn't want to upgrade now as i can do it for $0 when the 7 is out, i had a 6S plus 128gb that had about 80gb used but was mostly all my photos/videos from years. All that is now on my 128gb iPad pro so any photos/video gets dumped on my iMac and onto the pro.
16gb sell easier too as they are cheaper, just sold my 5C 16gb for $290, my 6S plus only got $1100, pocketed $780, which is $590 US, gee our dollar is crap :(

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The Mini was more like the 5c equivalent with the slightly lower processor (MIni had A5, while the full size had A6X). 5c had the A6 with the 5s using the newer A7.

The SE truly is on the same level processor-wise as the latest phones, not a step behind as we've seen Apple do in the past with the "cheaper" models. I would think based on size and/or engineering they compromised on a few minor things (front facing camera, force touch, previous gen Touch ID) but overall they really did cram a 6s into the 5s body :) Nobody should feel like they're using a "lesser" phone with the SE like they may have with the 5c which should help them move off the shelves!

That's because the original mini had the same internals as the original iPad 2. The SE is truly deserving as a 6s mini, but I prefer the SE monicker

MathieuLLF

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
No Quick Charge.
Apple's devices always have been fast to charge. Especially if you use an iPad charger.

Apple devices charge really slow compared to most Android phones when using the charger that comes with them. The iPhone charges faster when using an iPad charger, but still nothing compared to most Android devices.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Apple devices charge really slow compared to most Android phones when using the charger that comes with them. The iPhone charges faster when using an iPad charger, but still nothing compared to most Android devices.
Actually quite on the contrary... Only the Plus is slow.
The iPhone 6 and 6S are quite fast.

jarofclay73

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
My husband wanted rose gold since everyone was raving about it. Then he heard someone describe the color as effeminate and suddenly he believed that owning one might emasculate him! Now he can only live with the "macho" space grey. Are these colors really gender specific? Can a "real" man own a rose gold SE?

Tell him it's not rose gold. It's bro's gold. :)

sjohnvivian

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Mine arrived today. It's weird adjusting to the screen size from a 6 plus, but man is this phone ever beautiful. And it's wicked fast. So far so good. Definitely a big fan of this upgrade! Can't wait until my official apple leather case arrives this Friday!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Ya man, I love my SE!

My problem now is trying to find a case I like? I've gone thru about 6 cases in a week and am still rocking it naked lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro