Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree362Likes
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,175 Global Posts

Default Re: Got my SE Today

It's good to see so many people excited about the SE.
    Lefty724 and libra89 like this.
    iMore Nanite

Lucky!Enjoy!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I ordered mine yesterday after deciding I'd like a more pocketable and one handed use iPhone again. I can't wait for it to be delivered. I took a friend out to get hers and it's so fast and responsive and beautiful. I love that 5s design so it's great to get a modern phone in an older design.
    libra89 and Optimus82 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer0127 View Post
    I bought a t-mobile 64gb space gray full price. The only thing missing in box was sim tool. Borrowed one from genius. Swapped in my iPhone 5 sim on t-mobile family plan no contract. Got home, restored from iPhone 5 backup, upon restart said congrats your phone is unlocked. Not sure if it is just magenta that does this but I am happy. Phone is fast and signal reception is about 630% better than iphone5.
    I noticed the signal strength increase from my 5s to my SE
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,081 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnvivian View Post
    I ordered mine yesterday after deciding I'd like a more pocketable and one handed use iPhone again. I can't wait for it to be delivered. I took a friend out to get hers and it's so fast and responsive and beautiful. I love that 5s design so it's great to get a modern phone in an older design.
    Same here. That's what I love about it!!!

Everyone thinks it's just a iPhone 5 and know one knows what's under the hood. Total sleeper!!!
    Optimus82 likes this.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    I noticed the signal strength increase from my 5s to my SE
    Physical antenna is the same, but the SE use LTE, RF and amplifier module from the iPhone 6, so apparently the combination works better
    iMore Nanite

My husband wanted rose gold since everyone was raving about it. Then he heard someone describe the color as effeminate and suddenly he believed that owning one might emasculate him! Now he can only live with the "macho" space grey. Are these colors really gender specific? Can a "real" man own a rose gold SE?
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JaneAelst View Post
    My husband wanted rose gold since everyone was raving about it. Then he heard someone describe the color as effeminate and suddenly he believed that owning one might emasculate him! Now he can only live with the "macho" space grey. Are these colors really gender specific? Can a "real" man own a rose gold SE?
    I seriously want a rose gold.
    And I surely am a "real" man, with a wife and two wonderful sons.

It really makes no difference to me, my phone's color is hidden in the case. But it's really a matter of personal preference. Some guys think pink and similar colors to be sissy. But look how dapper my grandson looked on Easter! Lol

iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

I was in the Apple Store exchanging my new iPad Pro (decided I wanted more storage) and I was playing with the SE... I gotta tell you, I picked it up and my initial reaction was "Oh...". I forgot how nice it was to be able to comfortably us a phone one handed. Part of me wants to give up my 6S for it.
    impaler likes this.

I beat my head against a wall whenever someone says the rose gold is for women. Or white phones. Or...

It's 2016. I can't help but think that the people who judge someone based on their phone OS of choice and/or the colour of said phone are emotionally stunted Neanderthals living in their parents basement. /rant
    firstborn80 and Spencerdl like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts

Weirdly tempted by SE, after randomly holding a friend's 5 the other night (as in 'hey- hold my phone for a sec...'). I've been using 6Plus for over a year, and as I type on it now, it does not feel at all huge. Two-hand hold is second nature. YET-- palming the 5 was so comfortable- as in 'wow-this size feels so nice in my hand.' Even said this out loud. If they went above 64GB, i might be in line to buy!

Default Got my SE Today

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I beat my head against a wall whenever someone says the rose gold is for women. Or white phones. Or...

It's 2016. I can't help but think that the people who judge someone based on their phone OS of choice and/or the colour of said phone are emotionally stunted Neanderthals living in their parents basement. /rant
    Although, I get what you're saying, I disagree with your assessment of people who judge based on certain things are "Neanderthals living in their parent's basement". There are differences between men and women, and not all of the differences are physical. Pink, whether you agree with it or not, is traditionally associated with girls. That doesn't mean that boys can't like it or can't wear something that's pink. I've worn pink shirts, often with a suit, and I looked good in it......but I don't want a pink car, a pink living room set, pink dishes, pink shoes, etcetera. I've stated on numerous occasions here in these forums that I find the rose gold color to be too feminine for my tastes, and I meant it. Yet, here I am rocking a rose gold iPad Pro. Do I still think it's "too feminine for my tastes"? Yep. Still, I've had a white MacBook, space grey iPhone models, silver iPad models, my current iPhone is gold, so I thought, why not a rose gold iPad Pro, although I initially ordered it in silver?
    iMore Pro

Pink cars, pink living rooms.... are quite different from a rose gold iPhone.
    reeneebob and Spencerdl like this.

Default Got my SE Today

Sharp as a tack!!
    Just_Me_D and Spencerdl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxSmarties View Post
    Pink cars, pink living rooms.... are quite different from a rose gold iPhone.
    (Laughing)...yeah, I know...
    mumfoau likes this.

I don't see how rose gold (not pink, it's pretty different from pink) is too feminine. Someone's masculinity shouldn't be judged by shade of phone. It's backwards, dated thinking.
    mumfoau and Couver81 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I don't see how rose gold (not pink, it's pretty different from pink) is too feminine.
    I've learned long ago that what doesn't make sense to some makes perfect sense to others.
    Someone's masculinity shouldn't be judged by shade of phone. It's backwards, dated thinking.
    Someone's difference of opinion regarding the shade of a phone shouldn't be judged either.....
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

It all depends... To me the rose gold is straight up pink. I call it pink instead of rose gold when talking to family and friends. I dont think it matters what color someones phone is but if he is like me, I do not pull off wearing pink unlike my brother who looks good wearing pink. I look like the energizer bunny.
    Slammers08 likes this.

I read somewhere that men are buying a large number of Rose Gold iPhones

I would have gotten one but decided to mirror my 5s gold with my new SE also you guessed it GOLD
    mumfoau and Lefty724 like this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

To weigh in on the Rose Gold colour discussion, I have to admit that I wanted to go and get that colour myself. In fact, I almost ordered that colour. But then I was thinking that since my primary purpose of getting the iPhone SE was for pocketability and use while doing outdoor activities and fitness that I'd like the iPhone SE to match the colour of my Space Grey  Watch, hence why I went that route. Otherwise, Rose Gold was the first contender. I don't think it's an effeminate colour at all. It's more copper than pink in most lighting. And besides, I don't think we should let a colour dictate how masculine or not we are. If it's what you like, get it! It's 2016, no one's going to care what colour iPhone you have. It's simply an extension of your own personal expression. For all my other iOS devices I have Gold as my colour choice but have considered swapping to Rose Gold when I upgrade them all next cycle and I'm not going to worry one bit about the judgement that colour brings about my masculinity. It's a nifty colour.
    iMore Nanite

Got my gold 64GB SE on Friday, Apple's 40th Anniversary Day. Traded in my old space gray 5S. Could not be happier with the improved speed and battery, and still loving that classic style.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    3,755 Global Posts

Why is unlocked 64GB space gray SE sold out everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by california governor View Post
    Why is unlocked 64GB space gray SE sold out everywhere?
    If I had to guess, I'd say it's because it's the most desired color at this point...
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    3,755 Global Posts

Picked mine up on the 31th, boy do I love this phone...I'm came from legendary Blackberry platform.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast