Will you buy the IPhone SE and if Yes, For what specific reasons?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Same here. What I'm trying to learn...is how to use my phone as a phone lol.

I'm now carrying my old iPad mini around for web browsing reading, etc...so far so good.

This is really interesting. I find that because of how the iPhone is, I kind of only pick it up to check notifications. It's a relief to not always feel like I am tinkering to make things work. I still do all that I want on my phone but I'm not lost in it, unless I want to be (i.e. reading a book).

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
As of right now yes. Have a 6 Plus atm. Reasons are the size. Having owned the 6+ since launch (9/14) the one handing the phone is becoming problematic. Hand hurting from the edges and not being able to get to the upper corners. Second is price. Having been to the Apple Store recently if found the 6s 4.7 is an ideal size but the 749 price tag (64GB) isn't working for me anymore. I've bought expensive phones before but I'm over it. The 499 SE 64 is not that bad to me. Third is design. I love the iPhone 5/5s/SE design. I love the iPhone 4 also but the 5 made it perfect. Other tidbits are faster, better camera & 2GB of RAM. Looking to get an iPad which take over for my media consumption I did on my 6 Plus.

Sorry for the long post. I'm done LoL.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Love my 6S Plus, but wanted to downsize... portability in pocket is one reason... one-handed use is another... but also, I'm hoping the smaller screen size will make me want to use it LESS.... I'm finding I really am on my phone too much...

I can second that on usage. I'm always on my 6 Plus ecspically at work. Which I know its not good. I'm hoping the SE cuts that down also. I'll be getting an iPad to take over that for when I'm at home. Forgot to quote it the first time. LoL

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
As of right now yes. Have a 6 Plus atm. Reasons are the size. Having owned the 6+ since launch (9/14) the one handing the phone is becoming problematic. Hand hurting from the edges and not being able to get to the upper corners. Second is price. Having been to the Apple Store recently if found the 6s 4.7 is an ideal size but the 749 price tag (64GB) isn't working for me anymore. I've bought expensive phones before but I'm over it. The 499 SE 64 is not that bad to me. Third is design. I love the iPhone 5/5s/SE design. I love the iPhone 4 also but the 5 made it perfect. Other tidbits are faster, better camera & 2GB of RAM. Looking to get an iPad which take over for my media consumption I did on my 6 Plus.

Sorry for the long post. I'm done LoL.

Exactly what I'm doing.

I sold off my Note 5, Gear S watch and traded my son my Galaxy Tab 4 for my (lol) iPad (LTE) mini. I've setup the iPad mini exactly like my SE and use the iPad while at home. All of my messages also come to my iPad and that's awesome!

I also take the iPad with me during the work day as it comes in handy for scheduling and invoicing clients. Win-win for me.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what I'm doing.

I sold off my Note 5, Gear S watch and traded my son my Galaxy Tab 4 for my (lol) iPad (LTE) mini. I've setup the iPad mini exactly like my SE and use the iPad while at home. All of my messages also come to my iPad and that's awesome!

I also take the iPad with me during the work day as it comes in handy for scheduling and invoicing clients. Win-win for me.

Nice! I love that you can get all your messages on the iPad too. No need to reach for your phone. I'm also looking into getting back with an  watch. Had one on launch but returned after a few days. I'll have that just so I don't need to each in my pocket so much. Just wish the SE wasn't so unavailable atm

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 6+ here.

I am going to the SE cause of preferences. Personal ones. I love staying up to date with processors. The 2GB of RAM gets me going more than it should. The camera and beautiful chassis are also great selling points for me also because I loved the look and feel of the 5s!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
+1 , this is the best answer ever

Thank you! Well we have bought both my sons their SE's, but my darling wife has made me wait. I have not even been allowed to play with the sons phones, as they are never home and my wife does not want me to really like it. :laughing: I just purchased an watch 2 weeks ago to also try with my motorcycle and have found it such a perfect match with my bike that I am now having a hard time justifying an SE. SE still not out of the picture. I have taken one of my sons 5s's in the meantime for the smaller phone size. All could not be better in Apple land right now!!!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I really like my SE. The only gripe I have is the small, narrow keyboard when typing. I have SwiftKey installed and it has helped, but not enough.

I also have a Apple watch that goes along with the SE. Awesome pair.

efmugen

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I purchased the SE for its size, power, battery life. I mainly use my phone for calls, texts, light web browsing and camera. This phone is perfect for my on-the-go one-hand-use lifestyle.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I purchased the SE for its size, power, battery life. I mainly use my phone for calls, texts, light web browsing and camera. This phone is perfect for my on-the-go one-hand-use lifestyle.
Same exact uses here. I'm always typing on my phones. The SE is perfect for speed, battery life, and messaging. I'm very impressed with the battery life and it's as good as my iPhone 6s Plus was.

My only gripe is I'm having a lot of typing errors since the keyboard/keys are thin and small. On the Plus, the keys were nice and spread out and I pretty much had zero typing errors.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
For the price. Switching to Apple mid cycle. Going to upgrade in the fall when the new model is released. This thing is too small for me.

efmugen

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Same exact uses here. I'm always typing on my phones. The SE is perfect for speed, battery life, and messaging. I'm very impressed with the battery life and it's as good as my iPhone 6s Plus was.

My only gripe is I'm having a lot of typing errors since the keyboard/keys are thin and small. On the Plus, the keys were nice and spread out and I pretty much had zero typing errors.

I definitely had a lot of typing errors at the beginning but after a few weeks I was typing like a champ again.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I want the SE for everything reason except for one. I just signed up for ATT unlimited for their TV service customers and I intend on seeing some video at times from the Directv streaming service. i worry I will totally be unsatified trying to look at a small screen for a 2 hours movie. I now have the 6plus and if not for that I would get the SE tomorrow

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2