Official 'I've ordered an iPhone SE!' Thread

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
6s+ owner for a year, SE ordered today. We'll see how well I like the compact size after a week or two. The too-big Plus goes up for sale if the SE works out.

I did that when the SE first came out, then went 7, 7 plus and now back to SE. For me its the best size iPhone at the moment.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I think you will find you adjust to it pretty quickly. If that doesn't happen, you can always go to the 4.7" size.

I could live with the 4.7", I'm sure. I went 3.5 years with my 4.5" Nokia Lumia 920 and would still have it—or a sequel since they discontinued updates for that model—if Windows Phone hadn't been abandoned. Microsoft's loss, Apple's gain.

If the SE is discontinued we'll see about a standard-sized OLED iPhone in 2018-19. Maybe they'll put a 4.7" screen in a body closer to the SE size? We can dream. ;)

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I could live with the 4.7", I'm sure. I went 3.5 years with my 4.5" Nokia Lumia 920 and would still have it—or a sequel since they discontinued updates for that model—if Windows Phone hadn't been abandoned. Microsoft's loss, Apple's gain.

If the SE is discontinued we'll see about a standard-sized OLED iPhone in 2018-19. Maybe they'll put a 4.7" screen in a body closer to the SE size? We can dream. ;)

Windows phone isn't dead!! It still has a pulse there somewhere :p Never had the 920, but had a 1020, so same screen size, and I have had iPhone 6 and 6S and like that size a lot. I thought the SE might be too small, but I have adjusted and like it a lot, thought I do wish for closer to a 4.7" screen in an SE body with smaller bezels.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Windows phone isn't dead!! It still has a pulse there somewhere :p ...

Hope springs eternal, eh? ;) They do still *talk* of a Windows Mobile something-or-other that won't be a smartphone as we know it. Whatever that means.

During my Lumia 920 ownership I bought, tried, and returned both a 1520 (too big!) and a refurb Icon (horrible screen burn in!). I liked Windows Phone 8/8.1. Not so much Windows 10 Mobile—they discarded a lot of what made WP so appealing. :(

Fortunately I've become quite happy with my switch back to iOS, which is where I came from before my WP affair. (Well, I had an Android smartphone but I found I couldn't go back to that.) :)

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I was with Windows for 6 years, switched to iOS for short durations twice, but always went back. Now I am happy on iOS have found ways to make it work for me. I too had a 1520 and thought it was too big, and thought the 4.7-5.2 was the sweet spot, but I like the SE a lot, more than I thought I would.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Came from WM myself. Still have an Alcatel Idol4s which is a nice device. I like to keep it updated as I watch the trials and tribulations of Windows mobile. Pulled it out yesterday and couldn't believe how big it felt. I've really grown used to my SE. Don't even know I'm carrying it.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

moebacom

Mar 30, 2019
Visit site
The irony demands this reawakening. April 2, 2019, my SE 32GB is to arrive from Apple. $266 delivered. Abandoning the 3G 4s. Who needs to spend 3 times that to have a palm puter? Who’d have thought apple would reintroduce such a bargain? Btw, wifey got a 7+ direct from China a couples years back...
Between navigation app and a weather underground app, coupled with iOS 12, heck, and being able to make calls! lol. Majorly decent for a betterer price. :biggrin::yes: oh yeah, Happy Saturday!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox