Official 'I've ordered an iPhone SE!' Thread

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, my wife got hers today (Sprint, 64GB Rose Gold), but apparently mine (64GB Grey) is backordered?? Weird since I preordered on the 24th and everything was supposedly on track, but oh well.. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow. :(

anon(9870485)

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Well, I'm never ordering another phone through Best Buy again. It was just a little bit more convenient because I can order online and pick up at the store. Apple only had a delivery option. Have to be home to sign for it, couldn't get today off of work.

I get an email saying my iPhone is ready to pick up, so I go to Best Buy to get it. Apparently Best Buy messed up, the hardware number on their printed label was different than that on the iPhone box. So it took 3 people to try to figure out what was wrong so they had to call Best Buy's higher ups. They couldn't figure it out. So they had to connect AT&T on the line, cancel my preorder and make sure I can still upgrade my line without any issues and then re-buy the iPhone in the store. This ended up taking about 2 hours instead of a 10 minute pick up. Then the BB mobile rep opened up the phone up and proceeded to help me set it up.

Normally, I'd buy my iPhone's outright contract and SIM free and plug my SIM card in. Also normally buy it at the Apple Store which takes like 2 seconds and they don't open it up and set it up for me.

Was a pretty bad experience, but at least I got the $50 gift card for buying it in the store. And using the iPhone 5 for the last week, it's so refreshing using something that's actually decent again.

boomer0127

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone5 heard that "decent" comment. Please refrain from such negativity. It's bad enough that my little buddy is blocking my access to all SE news and reviews… I need to keep it away from my MBP lest it try to go all Palpy and shut that down also.

winndl

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I ordered a space gray 16gig to use at work. I'm an aircraft mechanic and the smaller size will be a benefit considering all the other tools I carry with me regularly. I ordered sim free hoping I can swap the SIM card between it and my current 6s plus that I love and will use when I'm not at work.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Oh and it says it'll deliver 4/13 - 4/18! What's up with that? Is the demand that high?

Na, I think they just under-deliver and over-promise lol.

It said the same for me, so I just went to the Apple Store right away.

You're gonna love it!

boomer0127

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I walked into my local AppleStore, they told me no unlocked SpaceGrey64GB SE. But I saw on the website that I could pick one up if it was a T-Mobile SIM'd phone. After talking to the AppleStoreDood, he said worst case it wouldn't be unlocked, we could give it a shot. Bought phone outright, then I swapped my iPhone5 T-Mobile SIM in the store and got a message on the phone that I needed to call T-Mobile with the EIN numbers on screen, yadda yadda. Of course I didn't have a phone, even though I had 2 in my pocket. Stopped at T-Mobile store on the way home, waited and waited for long time, I decided to continue fooling around with SE. Well activation information screen never came back, I got sick of waiting so I finally gave up and left for home since they were busy.

Got home, plugged into iTunes for restore, phone reports it was unlocked! Tried to make a call and it worked! Glad I didn't have to wait for shipping!

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Ordered an unlocked 64GB Space Grey today; none of those available in the Chicago area apparently. Should get it btw the 15th and 20th of April (but hopefully sooner).

sjohnvivian

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I ordered a 16gb iPhone SE in Space Grey. I debated the 64gb but I've yet to ever use more than 8 or 9gb of space on my iPhones in the past. I cannot wait for it to arrive this coming week. Counting down the days!!

winndl

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I happened to be in my local Target store today and overheard the clerks saying they got some iPhone se's in today. He said he had a space gray in 64g, so I bought it. When I got home, I cancelled my on line order at the apple store. They sold it to me "sim free" but it did take a little manipulation of their check out system to get it done. It was a hundred bucks more than the 16gig I had ordered, but no wait and I did the restore from my 64g iPhone 6s Plus backup on my Mac without a hitch. Apps, photos, songs, settings... Sweet.
As far as the SIM swapping goes, no problems so far. And its nice that Apple included a sim tray tool again in the box.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I happened to be in my local Target store today and overheard the clerks saying they got some iPhone se's in today. He said he had a space gray in 64g, so I bought it. When I got home, I cancelled my on line order at the apple store. They sold it to me "sim free" but it did take a little manipulation of their check out system to get it done. It was a hundred bucks more than the 16gig I had ordered, but no wait and I did the restore from my 64g iPhone 6s Plus backup on my Mac without a hitch. Apps, photos, songs, settings... Sweet.
As far as the SIM swapping goes, no problems so far. And its nice that Apple included a sim tray tool again in the box.

Cool. Can't wait to hear your thoughts between the 2 phones.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Decided to get a couple SE iPhones for the kids so swung by my local Tmo store this afternoon and ordered a 64GB Space Gray and a 64GB Silver SE, no shipping info yet but both "backordered." They had a Gold and a Rose Gold 16GB in stock but even for kids 16GB is not an option in my world. Kinda looking forward to playing with these re-imagined 5s, but no way I'd personally go backwards from my 6s...

Optimus82

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site

am i the only one that didnt get that sim tool? had to scavenge for a freakin paperclip or safety pin

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I walked into my local AppleStore, they told me no unlocked SpaceGrey64GB SE. But I saw on the website that I could pick one up if it was a T-Mobile SIM'd phone. After talking to the AppleStoreDood, he said worst case it wouldn't be unlocked, we could give it a shot. Bought phone outright, then I swapped my iPhone5 T-Mobile SIM in the store and got a message on the phone that I needed to call T-Mobile with the EIN numbers on screen, yadda yadda. Of course I didn't have a phone, even though I had 2 in my pocket. Stopped at T-Mobile store on the way home, waited and waited for long time, I decided to continue fooling around with SE. Well activation information screen never came back, I got sick of waiting so I finally gave up and left for home since they were busy.

Got home, plugged into iTunes for restore, phone reports it was unlocked! Tried to make a call and it worked! Glad I didn't have to wait for shipping!

Did the same thing today! Store was out of SIM Free models... but the Apple guy was like hold on... He checked and had a T-mo 64 GB Space Gray that I could buy as "device only". So they grabbed it from the back and I swapped my AT&T SIM in it right away (never turned it on with the T-mo SIM in it). Turned it on, went through the activation process... Got that T-mobile message to call xxx-xxx-xxxx and provide SIM and IMEI... Apple guy said just hit "Continue". Said "NO SERVICE" in the upper left, but after a few seconds, the AT&T carrier name came up. Made a call... good to go! Good workaround that I don't think many know or think of! Not sure if this only works with T-mobile units??? In any case... Got the SE I wanted without waiting or ordering. :)

richhill963

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I have not seen one Live in a store yet. My local AT&T stores didn't even have a model on the floor, they would Just show you the 5S & the 6S. and the Local Best buy didn't have any in stock as the same at AT&T, Not understanding after this past weekend they say sales for the SE is down when you can't even go into a store and get one. I didn't go to Apple store but they said they didn't have any in stock either, I have friends who have the IPhone 5S so looks wise, Ive seen it. I have been a Windows Phone fanboy since the Nokia 900 came out, and presently own Nokia 1520, but its a 6in screen and I'm tired of lugging it around. so I just ordered yesterday sight unseen a SE 64gb gold color, Never even have used a IPhone for more than 2 mins. this will be adventure. I have had android but I don't care for not getting firmware updates, I just want stability & Apple seems to offer that.

richhill963

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
this is Interesting I ordered MY SE yesterday april 4th about 3:30 p.m. the message about when it would be shipped was between april 11th & 18th, I went on my At&t website to my orders tonight after dinner, and it said the phone was shipped today april 5th and I will recive it on April 6th by 8:00 p.m. Today I ordered a case for it and it wont arrive until the 11th, I felt I would have the case ready before the phone would arrive, this is a surprise and for those waiting for 18th to arrive to get their phone check your At&t my orders, cause I haven't recived a text or email from At&t that it shipped. but fed ex has says it has with a shipping number.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey Gang,

Just ordered 64G Rose Gold for myself and 64G Space Grey for my SO, directly from Apple; three weeks minimum of wait time, it is #sadtrombone

Cheers!

Slammed925

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Progress!
7cca083ea2a3892a3b2a23cd98a875e7.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member