Upgrade from the 6?

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me....I have a 6 and am eligible for an upgrade (every year). I am very tempted to give the SE a shot, but then part of me is saying to wait for the 7.

Anyone else having the same thoughts or situation??

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Nothing about the se interests me at all for some reason. I got bored of the 5 design like three years ago. I picked up a 6s yesterday. I love it

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a 6s Plus so I'm not in the same boat as you but I can see the SE being tempting; it's basically a 6s in a smaller shell. My advice: if the display size is a big deal wait for the 7. If it isn't, get an SE.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a mental thing. I look at the 6s and feel it's basically the same phone, then I look at the SE and feel it's a different phone even though it's more or less the same internals as the 6s. I'm weird

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The two big differences are the screen size, and the SE doesn't have 3D Touch. That's pretty much it as far as a comparison to the 6s. I've had 3D Touch since September, but don't really use it much. That said, the iPhone 7 may have a new goodie or two the 6s and SE don't have. There's always "one more thing"!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's a slight upgrade over the 6, but if the size is important then the change is warranted . Do you mind a smaller phone? If you can wait 6 more months you may be better off but I don't think the SE will change again until next year.