What's your feeling after buying iPhone SE?

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Finally cracked today. I really liked the SE, but use a work issued 6s all day long. Every night readjusting to the SE as my personal device felt cramped. Sold the SE and bought 6s today. Wish I could have had work send me an SE but wasn't gonna happen. SE is a great device though, hands down

You noticing much difference with the battery between the two? Thinking of doing the same and giving my son my SE.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Finally cracked today. I really liked the SE, but use a work issued 6s all day long. Every night readjusting to the SE as my personal device felt cramped. Sold the SE and bought 6s today. Wish I could have had work send me an SE but wasn't gonna happen. SE is a great device though, hands down

the iPhone 6S has 2 CPU versions, if you have the one with the Samsung CPU, then your battery life will suffer and the device will get hot when used with heavy apps. If however you got the TSMC CPU variant, you're golden.

Check using lirum device info app available in the app store

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
You noticing much difference with the battery between the two? Thinking of doing the same and giving my son my SE.

Hard for me to really comment. My work 6s gets crushed with upwards of 200 emails and 200 texts and I'm on it 4-5 hours for calls as well. It's pretty hectic. My personal device is gets way less use really on nights and weekends. Yeah, so hard for me to comment but both batteries seemed fine. Interesting the hearing comment though because my work phone 6s is Verizon and definitely heats up, but my personal device is AT&T and this 6s hasn't heated up or gone on the charger since I bought it yesterday morning.

Miss Daredevil

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Perfect. I have a small hand so I love that I can hold it in one hand and type, without it threatening to slip out. It's fast and the battery is great. All in all, love. :)

MelCali82

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Afters years of owning phablets going back to this small screen was a pretty big adjustment. But after a couple of months I have finally gotten used the smaller screen and do not mind it at all. it actually feels weird to hold a bigger phone again. My Lg v10 feels too awkward and the xperia z ultra feels like an ipad.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I really wanted to love the SE, and it was sooo close.

One single thing made me go back to the 6S:

3D touch. I have gotten so used to it, that it really was a problem for me using the SE.

So until the smaller form factor gets 3D touch, I will be sticking to 4.7" iPhones.

Interesting - I have never heard of anyone liking 3D touch before. I was actually assuming Apple would drop it pretty quickly, as it's expensive to make and takes up room in the phone that is desperately needed for a proper battery (see the complaints about battery life in the iPhone 6S).

What do you use it for?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I feel like it has one of the best batteries of the current iPhone lineup so I feel great about it. It just feels great in the hand cause of its size.

Top grade device, no doubt.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I feel like it has one of the best batteries of the current iPhone lineup so I feel great about it. It just feels great in the hand cause of its size.

Top grade device, no doubt.

Definitely the sleeper phone of the year

Not much fanfare on release day. Only the keen  users saw its true value but it's catching on

Daniel0418

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone. I use iOS every couple years. I prefer Android in just about every way when it comes to software, but with iOS 10 coming, iOS is catching up. I am loving the SE though, the size is great. It does feel fast. The low resolution display seems to really help with battery life as well. I wish the front facing camera was a little bit better, but it is good enough for now. I do wonder if this phone feels so fast because objects don't have to move as far on a small screen with a low resolution. Whatever the case, as someone who is used to 5.5"+ displays I am quite pleased with this adorable tiny phone.

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Now that I am over a month and half in, I can say that I honestly don't miss the large screen phones at all. I had a 6 Plus (and several Android/Windows Phones) and its so nice to just put it in a pocket and go. Its primarily the lightweight that I notice, but I'm sure that the size has something to do with size too. The SE does pretty much everything I need it to!

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Interesting - I have never heard of anyone liking 3D touch before. I was actually assuming Apple would drop it pretty quickly, as it's expensive to make and takes up room in the phone that is desperately needed for a proper battery (see the complaints about battery life in the iPhone 6S).

What do you use it for?

I love 3D touch also. I use it all the time. I sent the SE back for the same reason (and it was a little small). I really wanted to keep the SE.

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

What do you use it for?

Well as a 6S user before I gave it to my wife and bought the SE, I mainly used it for the trackpad features. But when O watched the iOS 10 keynote, maaan did I miss it. Another thing is the screen size (i'm a gamer) and LTE bands which was supported on the 6S, which my SE doesn't support. I'm also really trying to like the SE but in 2 months, my buyer's remorse is getting me day by day. I miss the 6S, and with the possibilities of 3D touch when iOS 10 drops, maaaan. 😭

MaK2016

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
As if there are any groundbreaking new 3D Touch options in iOS 10 😂 still more sub menus when you 3D touch the app - all the other things can be done on the SE as well (at least I can in Beta 1) - 3D Touch, in mein opinion, is the least and dumbest reason to go back to a bigger iPhone.
I was using the 6s before and the SE is the best iPhone to date. Just good hardware and no gimmicky extra BS that most of the customers don't use or (sadly) don't even no about because it isn't mentioned in the initial setup!

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
As if there are any groundbreaking new 3D Touch options in iOS 10 �� still more sub menus when you 3D touch the app - all the other things can be done on the SE as well (at least I can in Beta 1) - 3D Touch, in mein opinion, is the least and dumbest reason to go back to a bigger iPhone.
I was using the 6s before and the SE is the best iPhone to date. Just good hardware and no gimmicky extra BS that most of the customers don't use or (sadly) don't even no about because it isn't mentioned in the initial setup!

Perhaps you missed this thread: I don't care about 3D Touch or 2nd Gen Fingerprint Scanner

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'd have to agree with your points... Having the 6s+ I've yet to really use 3D touch and ever since the fingerprint scanner was introduced I've yet to use it either even with the short usage of the SE, it's a great device just I got accustomed to the screen size of the +

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am now having returning remorse. I had the SE for about 3 days and couldn't deal with the screen size and went back to my monster 6S+. I never gave it enough chance for me to actually use the phone for what it is made for... A phone... The small screen is tough for gamers (which I am not). It is for making calls, answering quick emails, texting, light web surfing, GPS, taking pictures and for hanging with me all day long. I am in my office most of the time and when I am on the road, I have my ipad for longer emails and documents that I need to work with

The size is a benefit. not a curse. battery life is key and it is great, slipping into my pocket and hardly knowing it is there is also key. I need to break the habit and not think that my phone has to be my tablet and laptop in addition to my phone.

I think that I will be buying it again...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I am now having returning remorse. I had the SE for about 3 days and couldn't deal with the screen size and went back to my monster 6S+. I never gave it enough chance for me to actually use the phone for what it is made for... A phone... The small screen is tough for gamers (which I am not). It is for making calls, answering quick emails, texting, light web surfing, GPS, taking pictures and for hanging with me all day long. I am in my office most of the time and when I am on the road, I have my ipad for longer emails and documents that I need to work with

The size is a benefit. not a curse. battery life is key and it is great, slipping into my pocket and hardly knowing it is there is also key. I need to break the habit and not think that my phone has to be my tablet and laptop in addition to my phone.

I think that I will be buying it again...

Three days is definitely not enough time to make an educated decision IMO. Buy another SE, give it at least a week (but not more than the 14 day return period), and make an informed decision. It sounds to me like the SE is perfect for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR