What's your feeling after buying iPhone SE?

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
i am really considering getting an SE. For the most reason is the size. I am not comfortable with my 6s, i feel as if it is too big (even if i came from a 6 plus!) crazy right? I just feel as if my hands are not comfortable with the 6s I love the phone no doubt and it looks very sleek.

Can anyone compare the clarity of when you're on the phone? Is it clear, is it muffled, is it loud? This is very important to me. Also the speaker but I found some answers on here. Some say its loud and some say its muffled. Maybe I should just go into a store and test it out myself but in the meantime you guys can answer for me =)

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I'll try it. Do you turn it off when you are leaving home and/or wherever you go that has WiFi that you use normally? I have gotten 3 days with very light use of my phone, but I didn't know that was possible. Whoa. :eek:

you'll be shocked with the results. I turn it on only when cell reception is poor. I do have a 12 GB Data plan though so I don't care about cell usage. All apps background refresh is off except Viber and Whatsapp and Skype

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I used an SE for about 2.5 weeks, battery life is way better than the 5s; ended up going back to the 6s+ just because of the amount of emails and work I use my device for, I needed the real estate back

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I used an SE for about 2.5 weeks, battery life is way better than the 5s; ended up going back to the 6s+ just because of the amount of emails and work I use my device for, I needed the real estate back

Same here. I loved my SE, but the typing errors on that small/narrow screen is what made me go to a 6s Plus.

Even if the SE's keyboard was a hair bigger, like the quick reply keyboard when the phone is locked? I would've kept it. I just use my phone way too much for email, text and general typing.

As far as battery, I would get 1-2 days if moderate use out of the SE. With the same use, I get 2 days minimum with the 6s Plus.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I love this little b*****d more and more each day. I hope Apple keeps this form factor going forward. And if the only way they can do that is to keep one or two features off it that its bigger brothers have (such as 3D Touch and the smaller megapixel front camera) than I'm OK with that, as long as it hums along like the bigger boys.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Id have a hard time getting used to the smaller screen again after having the 6s Plus. One handed use isnt a real issue for me. As my father always said, I have scoop shovels for hands, meaning they are very large.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
It's not about one handed use for me its about not walking around with a brick in my pocket, battery on my SE is as good as my 6S plus was.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
It's not about one handed use for me its about not walking around with a brick in my pocket, battery on my SE is as good as my 6S plus was.

ditto! I no longer wanna feel like I am holding one of my slippers in my hand while I'm talking to someone, I wanna hold a "phone" never going back to large phones again. I hated the size of my previous Nexus 6P and Galaxy S6 edge+ so much!

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Haha @ brick comment.
That's funny, but I get it. It's great to have something that you can put in your pockets, all of them, especially since some pants don't even really have pockets.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I find it to be clearer and louder than my girls 6+

wow really? man you guys are making me want one. I get that people are complaining of how cramped it is to type which is kind of the reason I am holding back. I like everything else though especially the size. Grr going to a store this weekend to check one out.

Saint04

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I greatly enjoy the form factor with my active lifestyle! The form factor makes it easy to keep it on my person most of the time.

luutukhanh49

May 27, 2016
Visit site
i am really considering getting an SE. For the most reason is the size. I am not comfortable with my 6s, i feel as if it is too big (even if i came from a 6 plus!) crazy right? I just feel as if my hands are not comfortable with the 6s I love the phone no doubt and it looks very sleek.

Can anyone compare the clarity of when you're on the phone? Is it clear, is it muffled, is it loud? This is very important to me. Also the speaker but I found some answers on here. Some say its loud and some say its muffled. Maybe I should just go into a store and test it out myself but in the meantime you guys can answer for me =)

the quality of phone call is good for me, clear and loud, i dont use speaker that much but its really loud for my standard, sold my iphone 6plus for this and i have made the best decision of my life. Great Phone!

eckl

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
The form factor eases the ache in my palm. Was using a bigger phone and after 6 months, I felt numbness on my right palm.
Now with SE and into its 2nd weeks, I'm pleased to share that the numbness is gone. And that feels great. Maybe it is the way my thumb interacts with the phone. One hand device is here to stay.

SydAussie

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Oh I really love it. It's perfect for my small hands and it's lightning fast too!

I tried the 6s at the Apple Store but it felt too cumbersome.

sweeperdk

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I really wanted to love the SE, and it was sooo close.

One single thing made me go back to the 6S:

3D touch. I have gotten so used to it, that it really was a problem for me using the SE.

So until the smaller form factor gets 3D touch, I will be sticking to 4.7" iPhones.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
the quality of phone call is good for me, clear and loud, i dont use speaker that much but its really loud for my standard, sold my iphone 6plus for this and i have made the best decision of my life. Great Phone!

Nice! Thank you for the feedback! Unfortunately I got the flu and couldn't check out the SE in stores as planned. I definitely will when I get better. Excited to do so!

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Finally cracked today. I really liked the SE, but use a work issued 6s all day long. Every night readjusting to the SE as my personal device felt cramped. Sold the SE and bought 6s today. Wish I could have had work send me an SE but wasn't gonna happen. SE is a great device though, hands down

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox