What's your feeling after buying iPhone SE?

CPR

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Coming from a Blackberry Q10, I was concerned about email, text, IM, etc.
What a lovely surprise; everything is FLAWLESS
WiFi calling, Bluetooth Audio, etc.; everything is plain, simple, & easy to navigate
ONLY complaint, which is weird, because ITunes is an Apple product; you CAN'T email, individual songs from ITunes, unless they're purchased from Apple. Which means I have 3,000+ CD downloaded songs, that are NOT emailable
Very strange, because you CAN email them from a Windows 10 PC, with ITunes; go figure
Anyway, LOVE my SE!

laurpat

May 7, 2016
Visit site
So I had an old iphone 4s which was handed down from my neice :) and was going to get a 5s but got talked into the SE. I am freaking out a bit as I spent the $200 on a contract for this over paying nothing for the 5s and feel like what I got was a better camera? I am not techy and just wondering should I have stuck with my gut and got the 5s or is the SE really worth it? Struggling with being unsure if I really needed the new processing etc when I use it mainly for photos, music and talking? Any thoughts are appreciated to this iphone newbie.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
If you're using your phone for mainly photos, then the SE was a great choice! It has a way better camera then the 5s.

It's also night and day difference between the SE and 5s in overall performance. The SE is a little powerhouse!

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
So I had an old iphone 4s which was handed down from my neice :) and was going to get a 5s but got talked into the SE. I am freaking out a bit as I spent the $200 on a contract for this over paying nothing for the 5s and feel like what I got was a better camera? I am not techy and just wondering should I have stuck with my gut and got the 5s or is the SE really worth it? Struggling with being unsure if I really needed the new processing etc when I use it mainly for photos, music and talking? Any thoughts are appreciated to this iphone newbie.

The SE is right on par with the latest and the greatest, and I am sure you already know that. I suppose your question is if $200 more investment over the 5s is worth it, the way you use your phone now. I too use it mostly as a tool, not so much for entertainment, except some light browsing and sharing of photos and music with friends etc.

In your case, you seem to be afraid of regretting the investment in something that, in your opinion, is not exactly the necessity. If that would be the case, in order to avoid suffering from the buyer's remorse constantly, you should think about the confidence that you can have in the very current model that can withstand at least another few years, plus much better resale value than the 3 years old 5s, which will help you upgrade to the next phone if you so inclined. These factors, not necessarily the performance improvement itself (believe me, the SE is way faster than the 5s), would be sufficiently worth the $200 investment, which you are obviously not too sure of. That's just my personal opinion.

sammisgram

May 8, 2016
Visit site
I have used cell phones since the old bag phones in 1993. Of course I have upgraded phones as technology changed. Last phone was a Galaxy S5. When the new SE came out, I was impressed. I got the 64 gb because of it's size. I didn't want a "big" phone anymore. I've had the phone about 3 weeks and am very pleased with every aspect of the phone...especially the camera. I found I no longer need to lug my DSLR around except when I was
taking some serious photos for website, newsletter and photos I sell.
Apple has made an iphone convert here.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

The device is rock solid; good battery life, excellent feel to the hands when used, and vibrant screen. Plus the camera is a no slouch.

It's a keeper, methinks!

Cheers.

rave264

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I seriously have a phone switching problem. I had two iPhone 4s different colors. I had 2 5's and a 5s. I had a 6 plus, a 6 and a 6s. Intermingled with various android phones that I thought I'd like and hated. I get bored very easily and want something new after five seconds all the time. Meaning I seriously have the luckiest kids and family members in the world because they get passed everything that I don't sell lol. My husband rolls his eyes all the time.

On that note, I love the SE. The iPhone 5 form factor was easily my favorite and most comfortable of all of them. It fits in my pocket, my small hands can reach everything. If I feel like I need a bigger device at home I have an iPad mini. I'm truly hoping this phone stops me from my insane trading problem. So far a week in I'm in love with it.

THIS is me exactly!!! I also have an ipad mini that's collecting dust on my desk; haven't opened it in over a month. I've decided to take the plunge and get the iphone se. i'm coming from a samsung s7, so i know that'll take some adjusting to for the screen size.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
THIS is me exactly!!! I also have an ipad mini that's collecting dust on my desk; haven't opened it in over a month. I've decided to take the plunge and get the iphone se. i'm coming from a samsung s7, so i know that'll take some adjusting to for the screen size.

Glad to have you onboard!

Cheers.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have used cell phones since the old bag phones in 1993. Of course I have upgraded phones as technology changed. Last phone was a Galaxy S5. When the new SE came out, I was impressed. I got the 64 gb because of it's size. I didn't want a "big" phone anymore. I've had the phone about 3 weeks and am very pleased with every aspect of the phone...especially the camera. I found I no longer need to lug my DSLR around except when I was
taking some serious photos for website, newsletter and photos I sell.
Apple has made an iphone convert here.

I'm also using the GS5, which I really like. I'm considering a slightly smaller device but the camera is very important to me. How would you compare the the SE's camera/video abilities to the SEs' ?

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm also using the GS5, which I really like. I'm considering a slightly smaller device but the camera is very important to me. How would you compare the the SE's camera/video abilities to the SEs' ?

Camera is pretty good. It's the same shooter as the 6s do you can look at camera comparisons that include that device

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

If you're doing a 2-yr.contract for either phone, then definitely SE. The difference may seem minimal now, yet the 5s is a much older phone to be locked into for two years.

With the lifespan of phones, you're always better off with the most recently-released phone that fits your budget. The SE, as the newest Apple release, will serve you MUCH MUCH better for two years than will a phone that's already the oldest in the lineup at the start of your two years.

Enjoy your new phone!

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

If you're doing a 2-yr.contract for either phone, then definitely SE. The difference may seem minimal now, yet the 5s is a much older phone to be locked into for two years.

With the lifespan of phones, you're always better off with the most recently-released phone that fits your budget. The SE, as the newest Apple release, will serve you MUCH MUCH better for two years than will a phone that's already the oldest in the lineup at the start of your two years.

Your $200 bought you the newest/best phone in your budget, plus forward compatibility (with upgrades) and function that extend years beyond the 5s (which may be largely extinct in 2 years). With the age of the 5s, even free is too expensive for a contract- *they* should pay *you* to commit to that phone for 2 years.

Maybe a more seasoned veteran can explain that better than I can!

Enjoy your new phone!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
In the process of selling my 5s on eBay. I was gonna keep it around in case I broke my SE or something but after using my SE since launch day I can't go back to my old trusty 5s

The SE speed and camera and always on Hey Siri is superb

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
In the process of selling my 5s on eBay. I was gonna keep it around in case I broke my SE or something but after using my SE since launch day I can't go back to my old trusty 5s

The SE speed and camera and always on Hey Siri is superb

do you think keeping the always on Hey Siri affects battery life?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Speaking of battery life, it is awesome on the SE. I am so pleased with the battery life! As a casual user, I have been enjoying my day and some of battery life. I haven't had that since I used Windows Phone.

Been trying an Android phone (the Nextbit Robin) for a week now, which has been cool but the battery life leaves little to be desired. At some point in the day, I am always running for a charger. A lot of people who use Android are quick to say that I should just bring a battery pack, but eh.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of battery life, it is awesome on the SE. I am so pleased with the battery life! As a casual user, I have been enjoying my day and some of battery life. I haven't had that since I used Windows Phone.

Been trying an Android phone (the Nextbit Robin) for a week now, which has been cool but the battery life leaves little to be desired. At some point in the day, I am always running for a charger. A lot of people who use Android are quick to say that I should just bring a battery pack, but eh.

turning off Wifi, I now get 3 days battery life. Seriously, it has a huge impact on battery life. Try that

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
turning off Wifi, I now get 3 days battery life. Seriously, it has a huge impact on battery life. Try that

Wow! I'll try it. Do you turn it off when you are leaving home and/or wherever you go that has WiFi that you use normally? I have gotten 3 days with very light use of my phone, but I didn't know that was possible. Whoa. :eek:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox