What's your feeling after buying iPhone SE?

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I love the screen size of the SE. So much easier to carry around than the 6s+ , but if signal strength is going to suffer, than I will deal with the screen size

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just go my SE as a backup to my 6S yesterday. Have had it all day today and I love being able to slide it easily into my pocket. But I have to readjust to the smaller keyboard. In the long run, I am sure I will go back to my 6S as my daily driver, but I'll play with the SE for awhile before it goes into backup phone mode. I do already miss 3D Touch. I use it a lot on the 6S so have been smashing my screen all day and wondering why menus aren't popping up.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Many people have written 3D/Force Touch. Some who went from 6s to SE missed it and some have not. Both opinions are justified and really just personal preference. At first I had a work 6s and personal 6s and swapped to the SE for personal use.

I really liked the SE and at the time 3D/Force Touch wasn't a plus or minus. My issue was I'd use the 6s all day for work and then at night and on weekends I'd have to adjust to using my new personal SE. So for those of you who said they had to get use to the the smaller keyboard, screen, etc....but were able to; I was not because I was forced to do it daily.

Lastly, I'm now back to having a 6s for work and personal. My work is on 9.3.3 and my personal is on the most recent iOS 10 Beta. There IS absolutely a HUGE difference in usage of 3D/Force between iOS 9 and iOS 10. Yes you can absolutely use iOS 10 with the SE no problem with gestures, but 3D/Force touch is on a whole new level in iOS 10 if you use it from Notifications to Widgets to Folders to Apps. It's simply more advanced and user friendly in iOS 10

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Best phone ever. Hated the iPhone 6 I had and was almost ready to get rid of apple but the SE brought back the form factor and functionality that I loved about the iPhone 5s.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
It's a awesome phone, easy to handle and carry with you. To bad 3D touch doesn't exist but I manage whitout it. Battery life is great. It take some time to adjust to its little keyboard but that's no problem

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Had mine since launch and still loving it! Not missing the 6s plus one bit. In fact I held one recently and can't believe I actually likes that monstrosity.

Pocketability and one handed use definitely are priorities for me.

neodk

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I made the mistake of swapping out to the 6S Plus. I'm working on going back to the SE in the next week or so. The form factor of the SE was the sweet spot for me and given the internals are the same as the 6S/Plus for the most part there really wasn't a good reason to make the change.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I bought a SE on launch day then sold it to a fellow member here.

I went to a 6s Plus and thought I was done but have since bought another SE. I can't for the life remember why I ever sold the original SE? I love this thing! If I want size, I also carry a iPad Pro 12.9" as well...

I bought a 64GB Silver this time and love the size and power of this thing!

I was gonna give it 2 weeks to decide which iPhone I was gonna sell, but I'm pretty sure the 6s Plus is on its way out. The SE is perfect for my needs and I can't see myself ever going back to a Plus size phone?

Last edited:

neodk

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
After going back to the iPhone SE, I can say that I am happy. While I found the 6S Plus great for media consumption it was going to turn into a total time suck for me and be less of the tool that I need it to be. Granted, I'm going to play games on this thing. But my days should not be spent with a glaze over my eyes as I stare at my phone for hours on end.

What brought me back to the iPhone SE

a) Build quality is excellent
b) Size is what I would consider to be my sweet spot between functionality and usability
c) Internals are pretty much the same as the 6S and 6S Plus

I'm confident this will my first two-year phone. I switch too often and need to start scaling back on my expectations and haphazardly made purchasing decisions.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm the same way lol, any time a package gets delivered she asks "what phone did you get now?"

I love it! I'm the same way! My husband laughs and rolls his eyes and says the same thing! What phone did you switch too now! lol....I just changed from the 6s Plus to the SE and after a day or two of adjustment, (smaller keyboard) and some serious thought on returning it at one point, I've decided to stay with it. Perfect fit in my smaller hands and does everything I need. Now I need to sell my 6s Plus.....

Vyenkatesh

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I love it! I'm the same way! My husband laughs and rolls his eyes and says the same thing! What phone did you switch too now! lol....I just changed from the 6s Plus to the SE and after a day or two of adjustment, (smaller keyboard) and some serious thought on returning it at one point, I've decided to stay with it. Perfect fit in my smaller hands and does everything I need. Now I need to sell my 6s Plus.....
I am too thinking in the same manner now, at present using Lumia 1520, 6" Phablet and when I think of using SE I feel whether it will be extra small for me? What is your experience about typing and reading mails?

ChaErra

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I decided to wait 2 weeks, after purchase, before giving my opinion on the SE, so here it is...This little phone is awesome!!! I haven't used an iPhone since the 4 and coming from a Galaxy S7 edge, I wondered how the transition would be? The answer is smooth!!! I was really attracted back to the smaller form factor, combined with the power under the hood and the SE has not let me down. I like it so much that I went out and got the Apple Watch Sport and I couldn't be happier. Looks like I've made the jump to Team Apple :)

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Well I have had this phone about month.I haven't had any issues with hearing or being heard, no dropped calls .
So no regrets . So far no issues with anything

optimummind

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I think the design of the iPhone SE is really, really good. It's very good-looking, small, light, sips on battery, easy to one-hand, takes pretty good pictures, and still stands out in design from most other phones.

Jimmy_UK

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
My feeling is = thank god Apple still make this form factor with decent specs!

Light, fast, actually a one handed device, decent camera, bright display, decent battery.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox