Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree256Likes
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: What's your feeling after buying iPhone SE?

Quote Originally Posted by sammisgram View Post
    I have used cell phones since the old bag phones in 1993. Of course I have upgraded phones as technology changed. Last phone was a Galaxy S5. When the new SE came out, I was impressed. I got the 64 gb because of it's size. I didn't want a "big" phone anymore. I've had the phone about 3 weeks and am very pleased with every aspect of the phone...especially the camera. I found I no longer need to lug my DSLR around except when I was
    taking some serious photos for website, newsletter and photos I sell.
    Apple has made an iphone convert here.
    I'm also using the GS5, which I really like. I'm considering a slightly smaller device but the camera is very important to me. How would you compare the the SE's camera/video abilities to the SEs' ?
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by experiment 626 View Post
    I'm also using the GS5, which I really like. I'm considering a slightly smaller device but the camera is very important to me. How would you compare the the SE's camera/video abilities to the SEs' ?
    Camera is pretty good. It's the same shooter as the 6s do you can look at camera comparisons that include that device
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by laurpat View Post
    So I had an old iphone 4s which was handed down from my neice and was going to get a 5s but got talked into the SE. I am freaking out a bit as I spent the $200 on a contract for this over paying nothing for the 5s and feel like what I got was a better camera? I am not techy and just wondering should I have stuck with my gut and got the 5s or is the SE really worth it? Struggling with being unsure if I really needed the new processing etc when I use it mainly for photos, music and talking? Any thoughts are appreciated to this iphone newbie.
    If you're doing a 2-yr.contract for either phone, then definitely SE. The difference may seem minimal now, yet the 5s is a much older phone to be locked into for two years.

With the lifespan of phones, you're always better off with the most recently-released phone that fits your budget. The SE, as the newest Apple release, will serve you MUCH MUCH better for two years than will a phone that's already the oldest in the lineup at the start of your two years.

Enjoy your new phone!
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by laurpat View Post
    So I had an old iphone 4s which was handed down from my neice and was going to get a 5s but got talked into the SE. I am freaking out a bit as I spent the $200 on a contract for this over paying nothing for the 5s and feel like what I got was a better camera? I am not techy and just wondering should I have stuck with my gut and got the 5s or is the SE really worth it? Struggling with being unsure if I really needed the new processing etc when I use it mainly for photos, music and talking? Any thoughts are appreciated to this iphone newbie.
    If you're doing a 2-yr.contract for either phone, then definitely SE. The difference may seem minimal now, yet the 5s is a much older phone to be locked into for two years.

With the lifespan of phones, you're always better off with the most recently-released phone that fits your budget. The SE, as the newest Apple release, will serve you MUCH MUCH better for two years than will a phone that's already the oldest in the lineup at the start of your two years.

Your $200 bought you the newest/best phone in your budget, plus forward compatibility (with upgrades) and function that extend years beyond the 5s (which may be largely extinct in 2 years). With the age of the 5s, even free is too expensive for a contract- *they* should pay *you* to commit to that phone for 2 years.

Maybe a more seasoned veteran can explain that better than I can!

Enjoy your new phone!

In the process of selling my 5s on eBay. I was gonna keep it around in case I broke my SE or something but after using my SE since launch day I can't go back to my old trusty 5s

The SE speed and camera and always on Hey Siri is superb
    libra89 and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    In the process of selling my 5s on eBay. I was gonna keep it around in case I broke my SE or something but after using my SE since launch day I can't go back to my old trusty 5s

The SE speed and camera and always on Hey Siri is superb
    do you think keeping the always on Hey Siri affects battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
    do you think keeping the always on Hey Siri affects battery life?
    I haven't noticed any excessive battery drain with the option on
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Speaking of battery life, it is awesome on the SE. I am so pleased with the battery life! As a casual user, I have been enjoying my day and some of battery life. I haven't had that since I used Windows Phone.

Been trying an Android phone (the Nextbit Robin) for a week now, which has been cool but the battery life leaves little to be desired. At some point in the day, I am always running for a charger. A lot of people who use Android are quick to say that I should just bring a battery pack, but eh.
    kataran and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by libra89 View Post
    Speaking of battery life, it is awesome on the SE. I am so pleased with the battery life! As a casual user, I have been enjoying my day and some of battery life. I haven't had that since I used Windows Phone.

Been trying an Android phone (the Nextbit Robin) for a week now, which has been cool but the battery life leaves little to be desired. At some point in the day, I am always running for a charger. A lot of people who use Android are quick to say that I should just bring a battery pack, but eh.
    turning off Wifi, I now get 3 days battery life. Seriously, it has a huge impact on battery life. Try that
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
    turning off Wifi, I now get 3 days battery life. Seriously, it has a huge impact on battery life. Try that
    Wow! I'll try it. Do you turn it off when you are leaving home and/or wherever you go that has WiFi that you use normally? I have gotten 3 days with very light use of my phone, but I didn't know that was possible. Whoa. :o
    iMore Intermediate

i am really considering getting an SE. For the most reason is the size. I am not comfortable with my 6s, i feel as if it is too big (even if i came from a 6 plus!) crazy right? I just feel as if my hands are not comfortable with the 6s I love the phone no doubt and it looks very sleek.

Can anyone compare the clarity of when you're on the phone? Is it clear, is it muffled, is it loud? This is very important to me. Also the speaker but I found some answers on here. Some say its loud and some say its muffled. Maybe I should just go into a store and test it out myself but in the meantime you guys can answer for me =)

I find it to be clearer and louder than my girlfriends 6+
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by libra89 View Post
    Wow! I'll try it. Do you turn it off when you are leaving home and/or wherever you go that has WiFi that you use normally? I have gotten 3 days with very light use of my phone, but I didn't know that was possible. Whoa. :o
    you'll be shocked with the results. I turn it on only when cell reception is poor. I do have a 12 GB Data plan though so I don't care about cell usage. All apps background refresh is off except Viber and Whatsapp and Skype
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

I used an SE for about 2.5 weeks, battery life is way better than the 5s; ended up going back to the 6s+ just because of the amount of emails and work I use my device for, I needed the real estate back
    Lefty724 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by tr1ad View Post
    I used an SE for about 2.5 weeks, battery life is way better than the 5s; ended up going back to the 6s+ just because of the amount of emails and work I use my device for, I needed the real estate back
    Same here. I loved my SE, but the typing errors on that small/narrow screen is what made me go to a 6s Plus.

Even if the SE's keyboard was a hair bigger, like the quick reply keyboard when the phone is locked? I would've kept it. I just use my phone way too much for email, text and general typing.

As far as battery, I would get 1-2 days if moderate use out of the SE. With the same use, I get 2 days minimum with the 6s Plus.
    iMore Intermediate

I love this little b*****d more and more each day. I hope Apple keeps this form factor going forward. And if the only way they can do that is to keep one or two features off it that its bigger brothers have (such as 3D Touch and the smaller megapixel front camera) than I'm OK with that, as long as it hums along like the bigger boys.
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Id have a hard time getting used to the smaller screen again after having the 6s Plus. One handed use isnt a real issue for me. As my father always said, I have scoop shovels for hands, meaning they are very large.
    iMore Intermediate

It's not about one handed use for me its about not walking around with a brick in my pocket, battery on my SE is as good as my 6S plus was.
    Snappy Phoenix, kataran and H_D like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Robster33 View Post
    It's not about one handed use for me its about not walking around with a brick in my pocket, battery on my SE is as good as my 6S plus was.
    ditto! I no longer wanna feel like I am holding one of my slippers in my hand while I'm talking to someone, I wanna hold a "phone" never going back to large phones again. I hated the size of my previous Nexus 6P and Galaxy S6 edge+ so much!
    Last edited by Snappy Phoenix; 05-19-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    kataran, libra89 and Lefty724 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Haha @ brick comment.
    That's funny, but I get it. It's great to have something that you can put in your pockets, all of them, especially since some pants don't even really have pockets.

I find it to be clearer and louder than my girls 6+
    libra89 and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    iMore Newbie

Thanks for my Friends... iPhone SE just happy with it
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    I find it to be clearer and louder than my girls 6+
    wow really? man you guys are making me want one. I get that people are complaining of how cramped it is to type which is kind of the reason I am holding back. I like everything else though especially the size. Grr going to a store this weekend to check one out.
    iMore Nanite

I greatly enjoy the form factor with my active lifestyle! The form factor makes it easy to keep it on my person most of the time.
    Snappy Phoenix and libra89 like this.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by deedeebear View Post
    i am really considering getting an SE. For the most reason is the size. I am not comfortable with my 6s, i feel as if it is too big (even if i came from a 6 plus!) crazy right? I just feel as if my hands are not comfortable with the 6s I love the phone no doubt and it looks very sleek.

Can anyone compare the clarity of when you're on the phone? Is it clear, is it muffled, is it loud? This is very important to me. Also the speaker but I found some answers on here. Some say its loud and some say its muffled. Maybe I should just go into a store and test it out myself but in the meantime you guys can answer for me =)
    the quality of phone call is good for me, clear and loud, i dont use speaker that much but its really loud for my standard, sold my iphone 6plus for this and i have made the best decision of my life. Great Phone!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast