iPhone SE

falcon511

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I think 64 is the sweet spot actually. I have a 64gig 6s+ and I like not having to worry about storage. Still have about 30gigs left of space. To me the sweet spot is not having to worry about all your apps, photos documents, and other media or email fitting on 1 device.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Before I got my 128 GB 6S I had the 64 GB 6. It was honestly the perfect size for me. It was just right. The 128 GB option gives me the option to truly not worry about what I do or put on my phone but I would have been fine with the 64GB. After having the 64 I dont think I'd do well with 32. I've used around 50 GB so far.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I have always thought the sweet starting point for storage should be 32GB. Not sure why Apple insist on keeping it at 16GB. I also think they should make a 256GB. I have a 64GB now and even that worries me at times. When I move to the 7 Plus it will be the 128GB unless Apple offers something with bigger storage. Ideally I would like to see a 64GB, 128GB and 256GB. Storage is not that expensive for Apple and they will charge you for it anyways. I am sure there are reasons for it that we are unaware of and Apple sure is not going to let us know.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When Apple offered 16, 32, and 64 gb, the best seller was the 16 gb model. Mostly because of price. But many just didn't need more than 16. That said, it would still be better to start at 32 gb. It's better to have too much than not enough. Would offering the SE with 32 and 64 gb take sales away from the 64? Probably.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
what about it's camera quality?

iPhone SE: Rear 12MP camera, f/2.2, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, 1.22 ?m pixel size, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording
Front 1.2MP, f/2.4, 720p@30fps, face detection, HDR, FaceTime
iPhone 6S: Rear 12MP camera, f/2.2, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, 1.22 ?m pixel size, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording
Front 5MP, f/2.2, 1080p@30fps, face detection, HDR, FaceTime

The difference is the front facing camera. The selfie camera.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I can understand how the 1.2MP camera on the SE is a deal breaker compared to the 6s 5MP front camera.

For my use, I never ever use the front facing camera unless I'm using FaceTime or?? I don't think I've ever taken a selfie either lol.

However, I do use the main camera for work and sometimes personal use , by my wife handles ALL of the pics with her 6s+ (selfies included) and she takes great pics!

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I can understand how the 1.2MP camera on the SE is a deal breaker compared to the 6s 5MP front camera.

For my use, I never ever use the front facing camera unless I'm using FaceTime or?? I don't think I've ever taken a selfie either lol.

However, I do use the main camera for work and sometimes personal use , by my wife handles ALL of the pics with her 6s+ (selfies included) and she takes great pics!
If you use the front camera for FaceTime only, just like me, 1.2 megapixels are enough.
For selfies is quite poor, unless you are going to post them only on Instagram and Facebook, where quality isn't a factor...

I'm not understanding this question. The camera is improved on the back, and now has retina flash on the front. Slightly improved at the front, super improved at the back.
The front camera quality wasn't improved at all: it's exactly the same as iPhone 5S. You only have the flash on screen option now.

When Apple offered 16, 32, and 64 gb, the best seller was the 16 gb model. Mostly because of price. But many just didn't need more than 16. That said, it would still be better to start at 32 gb. It's better to have too much than not enough. Would offering the SE with 32 and 64 gb take sales away from the 64? Probably.

Indeed. That's the reason Apple went 32/128/256 Gb on the iPad. Basic needs -> 32 Gb. Advanced user -> 128 Gb. Insanely advanced user :biggrin: -> 256 Gb

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you use the front camera for FaceTime only, just like me, 1.2 megapixels are enough.
For selfies is quite poor, unless you are going to post them only on Instagram and Facebook, where quality isn't a factor...

The front camera quality wasn't improved at all: it's exactly the same as iPhone 5S. You only have the flash on screen option now.

Indeed. That's the reason Apple went 32/128/256 Gb on the iPad. Basic needs -> 32 Gb. Advanced user -> 128 Gb. Insanely advanced user :biggrin: -> 256 Gb

I think 256 on iPad mostly because folks like to keep movies on them. Those do take a lot of space.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Not exactly the same. Rene said that the technology was slightly improved so the picture wouldn't exactly be the same. You can see it in his recent shootout article with the SE.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Not exactly the same. Rene said that the technology was slightly improved so the picture wouldn't exactly be the same. You can see it in his recent shootout article with the SE.
I just read the iFixit tear down: it's exactly the same

Rene didn't disassembled the unit.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2