Best Cases for the iPhone SE!

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking of the Otterbox Symmetry case, my daughters have that for their 5s. I'll see if it fits, and if so, order one myself.

Rafis_23

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
cool options. i would personally not buy the leather one cause a friend of mine admits it's sensitive into getting oily(maybe that isn't the right word but you get the picture i guess). The titanium clear cushon case would fit perfectly to apple's new model.You get to enjoy the design while being protected! good stuff :D

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how much bulk the Otterboxes would add? I mean, I get it, but one of the big 'features' of the SE is the reduced size. Plopping it into a chunky case kind of defeats part of the purpose?

Trade off I suppose... protection vs. form. Or something.

Ramplo Lee

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I wonder how much bulk the Otterboxes would add? I mean, I get it, but one of the big 'features' of the SE is the reduced size. Plopping it into a chunky case kind of defeats part of the purpose?

That's the biggest reason I've been holding off for a smaller phone. A 6s would fit in most of my pockets, but none with a case. (And I watched a phone fall out of a co-workers back pocket onto cement then get run over by a wheelchair yesterday, I'm happy I was stubborn waiting for a small phone that would fit with a protective case)

I've always been more about functionality than appearances.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this case in preparation for the launch of the iPhone SE on the 5th of April here in Dubai:

iPhone SE Case Rugged Armor - Black

m_ip6_rugged_armor_title_365f43d3-31c9-4cfb-a9d6-3c4fc7a6e9c1_grande.jpg

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I see Apple right now isn't offering the silicone cases for the SE. Those are one of my favorites. I like the feel and the updated colors that are available for the 6/6s. It offers a reasonable amount of protection. I dropped my 6s on the pavement in the parking garage at work and it was fine. Hope they offer the silicone at some point!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree, the silicone cases are nice... but I like the [URL="https://www.apple.com/search/iPhone-SE-Leather-Case-Black#mn_p]leather ones[/URL] too. They kind of break down and wear really nice :)

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I prefer no case on my iPhone 5s.

However, I'm a klutz so during the week I prefer a Vans silicone case and will take the case off on the weekends. I just ordered 3 more Vans cases off of Amazon to get prepared for the SE.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
When I picked up my SE today I was looking for a Apple leather case but they only had black and blue.

I decided not to get one since I really wanted brown leather. I ended up ordering an Apple brown leather off of Amazon instead. Fingers crossed....

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if there are any nice cases that allow for the color of the phone to show through but are also shock absorbent. No point in getting the rose gold if I can only see it from the front button. I do occasionally drop my phone, so it matters lol. Searching Amazon right now.

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Crysta...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2722435

I found one, and the best part is that there's a verified purchase review with pictures! I can see myself getting this one, since my drops are like from my pocket or from getting in or out of the car.

Last edited:

Ramplo Lee

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if there are any nice cases that allow for the color of the phone to show through but are also shock absorbent. No point in getting the rose gold if I can only see it from the front button. I do occasionally drop my phone, so it matters lol. Searching Amazon right now.

I went with the rhino shield (otter box on the side for camping trips and such). I'd suggest taking a look, it's just a bumper with an 11 foot drop rating...but if you look at YouTube they typically survive a lot more.

Oh and with that flimsy plastic screen protector they offer the biggest concern shifts from breaking the screen to bending the phone. (I layered mine with a matte one though so it doesn't get scratched as easily and doesn't have as much glare).

There are videos of people just whacking at the screen with a hammer or dropping giant weighted balls on them trying to get the screen to break? And eventually the phone will bend, but the screen does not break.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73