Can I get a 5se as a gift?
HI all, I am looking to get a 5se for my wife - she hates change, loves her 5 and doesn't want a bigger phone, but she is out of space (16GB) because she loves to take photos. The 5se is perfect for her, the change is all in the internals!
Anyway, my question - I seem to remember when I have gotten a new iPhone (I order and pick up at the local Apple store, much easier for me than home delivery), they say they have to activate it for me in the store even if I say I can set it up. But this will be a present, if I pick it up March 31 I will give it to her 3-4 days later so I can't let them activate it in the store. Can I tell them not to activate it, and let me call or activate over the web or something once I give it to my wife?
- 03-22-2016, 12:27 PM #3iMore Genius
- 6,429 Posts
Re: Can I get a 5se as a gift?
I've picked up unlocked phones from the Apple Store after ordering online at full price. I've never been told to that I had to activate it before I left. If you're buying it through a carrier, then that's a different thing. Is that what you'll be doing?
- By NafcMontana in forum iMessageReplies: 2Last Post: 03-21-2016, 08:31 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 03-21-2016, 08:02 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 03-21-2016, 07:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 2Last Post: 03-21-2016, 06:59 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 03-21-2016, 05:24 PM