iPhone 6S to SE

Oviraptor

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Does Apple or anywhere else for that matter, plan to have an option where you can switch to the SE from the 6S and not pay pull price?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you could easily sell your 6S and recoup the cost of the 5SE. As far as a plan through Apple, I don't believe such a thing exists. Although many carriers offer buyback options where they will buy your old device from you. I know Sprint is giving around $350 for a 6s. I'd probably go the selling route though. You'd probably make more.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure this is possible, unless you are on some kind of carrier program such as Sprint's iPhone for life, T-mobile JUMP, or something of that nature.

I would also say it depends on how you bought your 6s as well too.

Oviraptor

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure you could easily sell your 6S and recoup the cost of the 5SE. As far as a plan through Apple, I don't believe such a thing exists. Although many carriers offer buyback options where they will buy your old device from you. I know Sprint is giving around $350 for a 6s. I'd probably go the selling route though. You'd probably make more.

So even if my device is still on contract they buy it from me? The device I want to swap is still being payed for monthly on my Sprint.
Also, where could I sell it at?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So even if my device is still on contract they buy it from me? The device I want to swap is still being payed for monthly on my Sprint.
Also, where could I sell it at?

I guess it depends on how much you have left to pay. For example, I plan on selling my 6S for the 7 when it releases. I bought my 6s (with sprint on the installment program) when it released in September. This September I will have paid $420 towards it which means I will still owe around $430. I just need to sell my iphone at a price that will allow me to break even. But a 128 GB iPhone 6S could surely sell for more and the extra money will go towards the 7.

So you just need to do the math and decide what you could sell it for and if that number will let you pay off your old iPhone. You can pay off your iPhone whenever you want and once its paid off you can start a new installment plan on a new phone. If you can do that then you could start a new installment plan for the iPhone 5SE. And if you can sell it for more than what you owe the extra can go towards the phone.

Hope that makes sense.

Oviraptor

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I guess it depends on how much you have left to pay. For example, I plan on selling my 6S for the 7 when it releases. I bought my 6s (with sprint on the installment program) when it released in September. This September I will have paid $420 towards it which means I will still owe around $430. I just need to sell my iphone at a price that will allow me to break even. But a 128 GB iPhone 6S could surely sell for more and the extra money will go towards the 7.

So you just need to do the math and decide what you could sell it for and if that number will let you pay off your old iPhone. You can pay off your iPhone whenever you want and once its paid off you can start a new installment plan on a new phone. If you can do that then you could start a new installment plan for the iPhone 5SE. And if you can sell it for more than what you owe the extra can go towards the phone.

Hope that makes sense.

Hmm... How much would a 6S 64GB sell for? It has a couple dings on it, but nothing major. I know you don't have an exact number, but an estimate would be nice.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... How much would a 6S 64GB sell for? It has a couple dings on it, but nothing major. I know you don't have an exact number, but an estimate would be nice.

One could get a brand new one for 650. Ebay has used ones priced anywhere between 500 and 600. So I'd probably start between 450 and 500 if it's got visible damage. Personally I start higher than what I would expect someone to pay. I can always go down but I don't want to start too low and lowball myself. You never know what someone is willing to pay. Or just decide on whats comfortable for you. Personally I'm not looking to make a huge profit when I sell my phone (stupid I know). I'm just interested in selling it and not losing money. So if I owe another $400 when it's time to sell my phone, I'll probably start around $450 selling price.

Oviraptor

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
One could get a brand new one for 650. Ebay has used ones priced anywhere between 500 and 600. So I'd probably start between 450 and 500 if it's got visible damage. Personally I start higher than what I would expect someone to pay. I can always go down but I don't want to start too low and lowball myself. You never know what someone is willing to pay. Or just decide on whats comfortable for you. Personally I'm not looking to make a huge profit when I sell my phone (stupid I know). I'm just interested in selling it and not losing money. So if I owe another $400 when it's time to sell my phone, I'll probably start around $450 selling price.

Thank you for the advice. I owe about 450 myself so I will probably start it around 500. Besides, the SE I want is only $99 on contract.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Apple has a buyback program they currently offer a $200 apple gift card for the iphone 5, 5c,5s. And more for the 6 and up its on there website.

It's more of an upgrade program rather than buyback. Unfortunately they don't see a move from a 6S to an SE as an upgrade, so they don't offer a price for this option.

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Why not just wait for the 7? I might be on my own but I don't find the larger screen size inhibiting at all. I'd sell the 6S on eBay though, you're bound to get more there than selling it to a middleman.

Redneckbutlerboy

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I've been looking into this as well. There is a local shop that gave me $100 more than what AT&T or Apple would pay last year when I went from a 64GB 6 to 64GB 6s. I asked them what they are paying right now and they said $425 which is $25 more then I got last year but I was hoping for more since they pay $400 for a 16GB and its 6 months newer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner