Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Funny to me that when there was only a 4" iphone everybody was happy as could be. It was the best thing ever. Now its not worth anything to most folks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Funny to me that when there was only a 4" iphone everybody was happy as could be. It was the best thing ever. Now its not worth anything to most folks.

There were many that wanted a larger screen. The demand grew as other platforms made big screen phones. Some jumped to Android for the bigger screens. Many of those have come back to iPhone.

Ellebarreihs

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Will certainly get the gold iPhoneSE. When i became a mom i switch to a 4.3 inch phone because i find it more convenient to use a small phone while carrying my baby. This special edition of iphone is very timely for my need. Im really going to have this when it's available in my country

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been religiously upgrading the iPhone since the first incarnation in 2007. Being such a gadget freak I am, I always wanted the latest and greatest toy. 6 was the first time I paused and faltered. Counting this time, I have returned to the 5s size 3 times.
Apple needed to compete with Androids, and I have no quarrel that they went bigger screens 2 generations ago. I get that. But I also felt that Apple sold their soul to the Android camp, and felt left out. Now Apple realized it and are coming back to take care of our needs. Wonderful.
I use the phone mostly for communication purpose with occasional net surfing or Googling etc, but very little, if any, streaming, game or YouTube etc. For the most efficiency, I carry around a Blackberry Bold 9900 with the iPhone# forwarded to it. Bold is very efficient in checking email, text and occasional phone conversation with pickup/hangup buttons. For seeing attachments, documents, and everything else, iPhone takes care of it. But tith a very capable yet compact iPhone SE, I might finally be able to retire the Blackberry and "go single".

I am never too far away from my laptop and iPad, and a very portable/pocketable mobile handset is all I need. I don't need no giant screen phone. I have an iPad Mini for that.
Thank you Apple for not leaving us behind but picking us up again. iPhone SE is no cheapo. It's a very capable device with a bit smaller screen.

The only thing I miss from 6/6s would be the typing with a bit wider keyboard. With the font size adjusted, I do not see any need or advantage for a larger screen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been religiously upgrading the iPhone since the first incarnation in 2007. Being such a gadget freak I am, I always wanted the latest and greatest toy. 6 was the first time I paused and faltered. Counting this time, I have returned to the 5s size 3 times.
Apple needed to compete with Androids, and I have no quarrel that they went bigger screens 2 generations ago. I get that. But I also felt that Apple sold their soul to the Android camp, and felt left out. Now Apple realized it and are coming back to take care of our needs. Wonderful.
I use the phone mostly for communication purpose with occasional net surfing or Googling etc, but very little, if any, streaming, game or YouTube etc. For the most efficiency, I carry around a Blackberry Bold 9900 with the iPhone# forwarded to it. Bold is very efficient in checking email, text and occasional phone conversation with pickup/hangup buttons. For seeing attachments, documents, and everything else, iPhone takes care of it. But tith a very capable yet compact iPhone SE, I might finally be able to retire the Blackberry and "go single".

I am never too far away from my laptop and iPad, and a very portable/pocketable mobile handset is all I need. I don't need no giant screen phone. I have an iPad Mini for that.
Thank you Apple for not leaving us behind but picking us up again. iPhone SE is no cheapo. It's a very capable device with a bit smaller screen.

The only thing I miss from 6/6s would be the typing with a bit wider keyboard. With the font size adjusted, I do not see any need or advantage for a larger screen.

Apple may have underestimated the numbers who wanted the 4" screen. But they did still have the 5s. An updated 4" screen was overdue.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Since coming back to the 5s, I was worried about typing on the smaller keyboard but iOS auto correct is awesome for me.

I'm sure the typing and overall user experience is gonna be a lot better on the SE.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Will certainly get the gold iPhoneSE. When i became a mom i switch to a 4.3 inch phone because i find it more convenient to use a small phone while carrying my baby. This special edition of iphone is very timely for my need. Im really going to have this when it's available in my country

I'm due in 1 months time. At the moment I can't see myself switching from my 6S plus but things might change after I have my baby. You've made an interesting point that I hadn't thought about.

napaceni

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

Honestly, I wouldn't because I am used to the size of the iPhone 6. Now, when I play with the 4" iPhone display size it seems like a toy in my hand. I'd rather wait for the iPhone 7.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Honestly, I wouldn't because I am used to the size of the iPhone 6. Now, when I play with the 4" iPhone display size it seems like a toy in my hand. I'd rather wait for the iPhone 7.

There is no question that the larger the screen size is, the better the visibility/legibility, and it's beautiful.
But there is a segment of the market that is willing to trade it off with the handling for varieties of reasons, as long as the rest of the performance won't be compromised. 6s size was growing on me lately, as I thought there would be no successor to the 5s. Now that we can have the SE, I was willing to drop my 6s for the SE. I do not need an entertainment device :)
Screen size is really each to their own.

tnt4

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
The SE compromises in the areas that are not important to me (and likely a large enough segment of the population to make it worthwhile), while maintaining the strengths of the 6S in the areas that are important to me (camera, battery life, easier size - not that the 6S is unmanageable).

Beyond that it comes down to the "gimmicks". 3D touch is nice, and if you get used to using it while navigating your phone, I could see the lack of that being a deal killer. A better FFC is nice if you do a lot of selfies or Facetime all the time. I personally don't do any selfies or have always used the rear camera if I do take a pic of me and the kiddos, for example. And the camera will be more than good enough for the few times I use Facetime. The barometer is nice, but it's not like I'm climbing mountains in my exercises so that's definitely not a necessity.

Other than that... I know the screen has less contrast than the 6S, but as I'm not interested in consuming media, that will be a complete non-issue, as I imagine it will be for most that are interested in this phone.

Anyway, it's nice having choices that, in general, don't skimp on specs!

pp_rhapsodos

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site

I don?t think so :S the global market leans much more to phablets, I think.
At least for me, it is better a big screen

Optimus82

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I'll be jumping to the iphone se. I dont like the 6 design at all. both looks and feel.

I've been on the phablet craze since the orginal galaxy note all the way to super phablets like the sony xperia z ultra with a 6.4 inch screen.

i miss true one handed operation especially when i have my hands full when out and about with my kids.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes! I don't think I've ever taken a selfie and I'm married, so my wife handles about 99% of all the pics and videos lol. She'll just send them to me.

What I need is a straight communication device that's simple and reliable. All I do is talk, text, email, and read on my phone....this is where the SE is going to kill or for me!

When I'm home or on the road, I always have an iPad with me so again, it's perfect. Can't wait.

Kiwiadventure

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I can never go back in size from my 6s Plus. I was one a few years ago who did not want to move from the 4s size but big is 100% better.

I own a 6s plus, iPad Pro 12.9" and a MacBook Air 13" which is the best range of products I have ever owned. Each have their good points but none can do without the other in my world.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox