Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

hiltaguard

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

My 4" iPhone days are over. I'm holding to my iP6 until iP7 is available. iP6s wasn't a compelling enough upgrade for me.

captobie

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't for myself, I love the larger screen too much. But I'll be buying one for my wife to replace her 5S. She's been pining for the Rose Gold since it came out, but she doesn't want a larger phone. Plus now she can use Apple Pay. This will be the perfect upgrade for her.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't get one for myself as I'm happy with my iPhone 6s, but as soon as this new phone was revealed officially by Apple, I thought, hmm, maybe I'll grab one for my boyfriend at some point. He's on his second refurbished iPhone 5s and would probably like the faster speeds, better camera and other upgraded features.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't for myself, I love the larger screen too much. But I'll be buying one for my wife to replace her 5S. She's been pining for the Rose Gold since it came out, but she doesn't want a larger phone. Plus now she can use Apple Pay. This will be the perfect upgrade for her.
I am debating the Rose Gold myself, since it will be accessible to me for the first time! I have a gold 5s now, but it's been hard because I care a lot about having cases match/go with the ring. :/ Silver seems to go with everything ever.
I'm not getting gold again, either Rose Gold or Silver.

mrnimziki

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
No chance. As a 6s+ owner, I think the iPhone 6/6s is small. My MIL had my old 5 for a while, and whenever I'd have to help her I would wonder how I ever used such a small phone. Once the plus came out I knew I'd never go back.

jeffb06l4

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Nope, I absolutely love my 6 Plus. I'm holding out for the (rumored of course) iPhone 7 Pro. I love the 5.5 inch screen and can't go back. My old iPhone 5 screen just seems so tiny to me now, lol. Plus, no 128gb option on the SE is a deal breaker too. I like to have all of my music (barely under 70 gb at the moment) stored locally on my iPhone instead of relying solely on streaming it. Just a personal preference.

Ramplo Lee

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm 90% sure I'm getting one. I have a job that makes it really important to have my phone on me at all times, and I don't have the luxury of a desk to put it on or keeping my purse with me. That means it needs to be small enough to fit in my pocket, other staff with larger phones have had many accidents and one or two thefts because they have phones that hang out of their pockets. I also really like using my phone one handed and I can't do that with a larger one.

artiss

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Personally my next phone with be the "Plus" version. However, the 16GB iPhone SE are going to be great options for my mom and mother-in-law. Think it offers them both a perfect device for their particular needs. Happy too at the price point.

spookyuser123

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

Yes I would go for it but maybe it's screen is a bit small in the current market.......but would not mind buying one because of its features which out power the screen size

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay, you got me. I missed the fact that the SE only has 1 GB of RAM. Apple is very clever in its marketing. I'm assuming they felt that, from a marketing perspective, they didn't want the SE to look too much like the 6s. Who knows?

Actually you got me and I apologize. The SE does in fact have 2GB of RAM.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually you got me and I apologize. The SE does in fact have 2GB of RAM.

That's so weird. After you mentioned the SE's RAM yesterday I realized it was never brought up during the keynote so I Googled it and it was looking like the SE was shipping with 1 GB. Either way, I'm glad it's getting 2 GB. That makes a big difference.
No hard feelings! A difference of opinion is never a bad thing.

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I think we (my wife and I) are going to get SEs. We are switching carriers to save money and I am not finding the high monthly payment for my iPhone 6 Plus worth it. So I will let one of the carriers buy out my contract, sell my wifes iPhone 6 (she liked the smaller form factor of her old 5), pick up two 64GB SEs and save about $25 a month over what we are currently paying.

Of interesting note: I have had a few people state that "Apple really has lost their creativity" with the SE. It's funny, because as I see it, the SE is one of Apple's most creative endeavors. Why? What has been the trend in phones over the past 3-4 years? Bigger Screens, Bigger Batteries, Higher resolution. Even Apple has followed that trend for the last few iterations. For some folks, I guess they think that if something doesn't follow that trend, it is not progressive. To me, seeing such powerful internals in a small package emphasizes that Apple is concerned with experience, not specs. This is creativity in a very beige smartphone space. I see the SE as the Lotus Elise in a world of bloated V8 Muslecars.

Jezza23

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I'd definitely but the SE, as it's really cool, but the only feature that I don't like that much is the first generation Touch ID.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone SE is a nice phone, but I wouldn't purchase one for myself as long as the iPhone 6/6s is available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods