Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
There are users out there who just prefer a smaller form factor. I am glad that they included all of the technology improvements from the 6s into this form.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Nah. The dropped the ball on this one. I can see the need for creating a 4" device but come on, come up with something different or at least match the style of the 6 in the SE form factor. This is a big miss on Apple's part. Its just another 5S with some slight updates.

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Nah. The dropped the ball on this one. I can see the need for creating a 4" device but come on, come up with something different or at least match the style of the 6 in the SE form factor. This is a big miss on Apple's part. Its just another 5S with some slight updates.

Likely would not have been a good decision to follow the 6S design since the battery would have really been small. The battery in the 6 & 6S is too small too many people.

A 4in iPhone 6S would have had horrible battery life.

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
While I like the looks of the SE, and know a number of people who likely will be interested, I find no reason to go back down in size.

I shudder at the thought of the return of that itty bitty keyboard.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

It has all 6s internals except for 3D Touch. I'm not sure I would call a few design elements a big miss, nor would I refer to the hardware updates as slight.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Likely would not have been a good decision to follow the 6S design since the battery would have really been small. The battery in the 6 & 6S is too small too many people.

A 4in iPhone 6S would have had horrible battery life.

I still think it was a big miss. They could have borrowed some designs from both phones instead of just repackaging a design that they've had forever.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
It has 1 GB. Still a much better device than the 5s.

Right, so it's not all the 6S internals packed into a 5S body. I don't have anything against the phone, I just think Apple missed an opportunity to come up with a better alternative and are basically saying this design is the best there is for a 4" device. I don't believe that and think it was just the easiest option for them.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Right, so it's not all the 6S internals packed into a 5S body. I don't have anything against the phone, I just think Apple missed an opportunity to come up with a better alternative and are basically saying this design is the best there is for a 4" device. I don't believe that and think it was just the easiest option for them.

Okay, you got me. I missed the fact that the SE only has 1 GB of RAM. Apple is very clever in its marketing. I'm assuming they felt that, from a marketing perspective, they didn't want the SE to look too much like the 6s. Who knows?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Other than size, the 6s is just a slight upgrade from the 5s! If you want to see it that way.

gzigoris

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

Having a iPhone 6S+ I don't think I could go back to a smaller phone. When I upgrade to the iPhone 7s+ I'll have some decisions to make.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
As much as I loved my 5s, and the design of it, I appreciate the SE . However I'm over that design and size. There is just no way I could ever go back to a 4 inch screen. That's just me and my eyes. I'm sure there are some who will enjoy and benefit from an upgrade to the SE. Good Luck.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox