Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I can see how a 4 inch iPhone would be attractive to some users. However, if Apple cut down the bezels on the 4.7 in iphone, that would probably almost be the same size as the 4 in iPhone with a larger screen. Me personally would still prefer the 5.5 in iPhone, but I like how Samsung has made the width and size of its Galaxy S7 edge smaller while still maintaining a 5.5 in display size... Hope Apple does something similar too...

Cutting the bezel size would certainly help! Just how to get all the insides to fit effectively and efficiently. But that's why their engineers are paid the big bucks!

Brandon Harhi

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I would have considered it, but the specs seem a bit underwhelming. I know in order to get to that size certain sacrifices must be made, but it just doesn't seem like the phone for me.

mdcool

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if i would purchase it or not, but it would be good for my little sister. I'm waiting on the official specs before I decide.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would have considered it, but the specs seem a bit underwhelming. I know in order to get to that size certain sacrifices must be made, but it just doesn't seem like the phone for me.

Which specs would that be? There's been no official announcement yet. But according to rumor, the specs look ok, except for the camera.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Which specs would that be? There's been no official announcement yet. But according to rumor, the specs look ok, except for the camera.

All current rumors have pointed to it having a 12mp, old rumors said the 8mp in the 6, which still is really really good.

Rumored to have all the same specs as the 6s minus 3d touch.

Baltiervaan

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
as to the question, i actually don't like the idea of larger phones. compact ones will also give you functionalities you are looking for in those big and gigantic phones or phablets and also, SE comes in handy. smaller screen doesn't mean less functions. sometimes, Less is More (*Ludwig Meis van der Rohe)

jarofclay73

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I loved my 4-inch iPhone. But, when I upgraded to the 6 Plus, I can't go back anymore. Although I can't do one-handed texting anymore, I can do more with the increased screen real estate.

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I do want one as I currently own a 5S and I'd love to have some new features. I do kinda want a bigger screen but I'm not really digging the design of the 6. I'd love to have a 6S though for 3D Touch so I'm unsure.

ctturner70

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
i think i would get one. I like the size of the 4" screen for keeping it in your pocket and it's easier to grip. The only downfall would be that as my eyes are getting older the bigger screen is definately nice. reading on the 4" is a bit of a pain and would force me to get glasses.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I probably will buy the5SE when I upgrade from my utterly reliable 4s. The big & thin format of the 6s is not appealing to me,it seems light and fragile. The 4s is a nice solid little chunk that has the feel of a good tool, I'd like to get close to that in a slightly faster unit. Eventually the choice must come down to build quality, is it robust enough to last as long as it should. Buying a new iPhone every year is not my kind of thing, so longevity will be important.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I probably will buy the5SE when I upgrade from my utterly reliable 4s. The big & thin format of the 6s is not appealing to me,it seems light and fragile. The 4s is a nice solid little chunk that has the feel of a good tool, I'd like to get close to that in a slightly faster unit. Eventually the choice must come down to build quality, is it robust enough to last as long as it should. Buying a new iPhone every year is not my kind of thing, so longevity will be important.

They apparently dropped the 5 from the name. It's to be the iPhone SE.

ericjvilla

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

Most definitely. I've resisted upgrading my iPhone 5 purely because I found the new iPhones a bit cumbersome and unmanageable. I just need an iPhone with the same pocket ability as my current phone, but with the newer hardware and technology. I'm really looking forward to next week and finding out what Apple has in store for some of us. I'm not really on my phone all day streaming videos. I just use the basics - texting, email, listening to music and I don't need a bulky phone for that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR