Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree463Likes
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

I think, I will buy it as a second phone. I can slap a Lifeproof case on it and take it with me outdoors(Hunting, Range, Camping, Hiking) be easier to carry around than my 6s Plus...
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Default Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

NO! Can't go back to that small screen!
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Indeed, it was my favorite iPhone. It was also my first, so I might be biased, and somewhat drawn that that first iPhone feeling. It looks just like it, but it is better. I loved that phone, small enough to fit in my pocket and with a great screen. I use an iPad for all things planner related, so I don't need a big phone. And though I've grown used to to my 6, I'd go back in a heartbeat.
    iMore Nanite

I think I'll "upgrade" since I don't rally use 3D Touch and I really like small phones
    Ledsteplin and libra89 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by techieweirdo View Post
    I think I'll "upgrade" since I don't rally use 3D Touch and I really like small phones
    You're a perfect candidate for an iPhone SE then. That little package packs a TON of punch!
    iMore Nanite

I have enjoyed my iPhone 5c I missed not having Apple Pay and other features but liked the size of the phone, the jump in price up to the bigger screens is too much for me and I don't watch videos on it or anything so don't particularly need a bigger screen. The only feature I'd quite like that wouldn't be on se would be the hard touch thing, force touch is it? I'm not too worried not having that though, think I may well buy one when contract ends in December, hopefully won't be really tempted by the new proper iPhone otherwise I may get the smaller version of that
    libra89 and Ledsteplin like this.
    iMore Nanite

I would definitely purchase an iPhone SE because first of all, it is the cheapest iPhone ever and is a 4-inch iPhone! Second, the iPhone SE has a brilliant package (12mp camera, live photos, A9 chip) for such a low price. Lastly, I really need to upgrade to a smartphone that I can trust since I have been using a flip phone all these years (what a relief).
    iMore Newbie

I still keep my iPhone 5S when I get my 6S. Use it when I do outdoor activity because it easier to carry it in my pocket.
    Maybe I'm gonna give my 5S to my daughter and replace it with SE
    Ledsteplin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by robb84 View Post
    I have enjoyed my iPhone 5c I missed not having Apple Pay and other features but liked the size of the phone, the jump in price up to the bigger screens is too much for me and I don't watch videos on it or anything so don't particularly need a bigger screen. The only feature I'd quite like that wouldn't be on se would be the hard touch thing, force touch is it? I'm not too worried not having that though, think I may well buy one when contract ends in December, hopefully won't be really tempted by the new proper iPhone otherwise I may get the smaller version of that
    It's nice to have, not the "killer feature" in the way of Touch ID though.
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Yes...well no... I already got the 6s. But I want the SE, better form factor. Problem is, my wife will probably kill me if I got one. But I really want this. If only I could have known it would release this early, I wouldn't have gotten the 6s
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #211  

Quote Originally Posted by robb84 View Post
    I've had 3D Touch since September, but don't really use it much. It does a few cool things, but I could live without it. Live photos aren't that special either, unless you have small children, grandkids, or pets. I think you would like the SE.
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I've had 3D Touch since September, but don't really use it much. It does a few cool things, but I could live without it. Live photos aren't that special either, unless you have small children, grandkids, or pets. I think you would like the SE.
    And if you do want live photos, it will have that anyway - just with a long-press and not the hard-press.

Honestly Apple could implement a lot of the features of 3D touch with a long press if they wanted...
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

Just preordered 4. Me the wife and both mothers. Getting rid of my 6s. Only reason I left my 5 was for apple pay. I'm going back that was my favorite size and design.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,383 Global Posts

As a person coming from a Blackberry Q5 with a 3.1" inch screen. Its actually quite a big jump in screen size. So people shouldn't write it off so quickly. A smaller phone, means its lighter and easier to carry (when running).

If i was given the iPhone SE it would definitely be my daily driver for the next 2 years. The Camera would be a massive upgrade from my 5mp (f2.4) camera on the Blackberry Q5.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    587 Global Posts

There is something so undeniably appealing about that design, but I don't think I could go back to a screen that small. I am however hemming and hawing over just ordering one anyway.....
    robertk328 and Ledsteplin like this.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #216  

Quote Originally Posted by Riley2521 View Post
    There is something so undeniably appealing about that design, but I don't think I could go back to a screen that small. I am however hemming and hawing over just ordering one anyway.....
    Me too. Like it to carry around away from home and for a back up. But the 6s Plus really is no problem to carry. The SE design is awesome. Never really liked the "thin" 6/6s as much as the 5s.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

I wouldnt purchase one as I think the 6 screen size is perfect. I do love the form factor of the SE as the 6 is very easy to drop. My wife would have been an ideal candidate for the SE as she really didn't want a bigger phone. She had no other choice in the fall and went with the 6s and now says she's used to the size at this point and likely won't go back.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I couldn't go to a small phone like that typing on my partners iphone 5c is pretty hard for me BIG thumbs but for my partner its the best upgrade for her since apple changed design to the bigger iphone 6 size.

my next upgrade in a few months will take me to the 6s plus perfect size for me.
    iMore Nanite

For me it's the size of the screen, the logical upgrade from my 5c. I'm looking forward to a faster ram, amazing picture and face time quality also. It's the unique size for me. I'm looking forward to taking better pictures and having the moments clipped together like a video. I can't wait for this to be my upgrade and look forward to using it.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #220  

My wife is not interested in the larger iPhone 6/6s. She likes her 5c. So I'll get her the SE later on when she has an upgrade. She's had her 5c for 2 years now and the battery is at 93% health. LOL After 2 years, my old iPhone 5 was at 21% health.
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

as im still stuck with a 4s i would definitely love to upgrade to a iPhone SE, and 4" screen fits perfect for one hand operation...so yeah i would love to buy that one!
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    5,114 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    My wife is not interested in the larger iPhone 6/6s. She likes her 5c. So I'll get her the SE later on when she has an upgrade. She's had her 5c for 2 years now and the battery is at 93% health. LOL After 2 years, my old iPhone 5 was at 21% health.
    That's very impressive that her battery has so much health. Is she doing anything special or extraordinary?
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I guess it'll be worth a try. However, from the market perspective, not sure about it's success
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    iMore Newbie

My main issue with the iPhone before the iPhone 6/ 6 Plus was the screen size. I did find the iPhone 5 more manageable than my old 4S but, after using Android phones, iPhones still felt quite small. Now I have the 6S Plus and my partner briefly had the 6S and found that too small, as did I when I was setting it up for her, so yeah definitely would not - and could not - go back to a phone with a 4" display. 5" minimum for me personally!
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    iMore Nanite

I have an iPhone 5 now, and the battery last 1/2 day before I need to charge it.
    I am considering to wait for the iPhone 7, but I like the size of the iPhone 5 / SE.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast